Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2021, 03:57 PM

6,632 posts, read 4,302,964 times

Advertisements

I had some mild fatigue after the first shot (Pfizer). After the second shot, had more fatigue and a backache, but no chills or fever. All gone in 24 hours. Side effects were less than feared though.

Old 02-15-2021, 04:14 PM

1,397 posts, read 1,146,396 times
I had Covid and support the use of these vaccines.

However, I read a lot of articles recently about the elderly people in Europe who had recently recovered from Covid and then died right after receiving their vaccinations. Experts are investigating just how safe these vaccines are for people who recently recovered. And they are now saying that perhaps one shot is enough for those who already had the virus.

As a result I am looking at the Johnson & Johnson vaccine for myself. But when I share my opinions about this I am immediately shot down as being "anti-vaxx". I am not, but I think it's wise to consider alternatives to everyone getting two shots as soon as they can.

Old 02-15-2021, 05:29 PM

1,974 posts, read 1,103,462 times
UK report on vaccine side effects
https://www.forbes.com/sites/carliep...h=58b8ba3939ef

https://strangesounds.org/2021/02/uk...e-effects.html

https://principia-scientific.com/uk-...-side-effects/

Old 02-15-2021, 07:25 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,237,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
I have been reading that people who have already had covid have more side effects from the vaccine than people who never had covid. I had the Pfizer vaccine a couple of weeks ago and only had some minor side effects. But I highly suspect I had covid early in the pandemic from trips to Boston where there are Wuhan students at the music conservatory. I'm also reading that the second vaccine dose gives more side effects. In another week I should get the second dose.

Second COVID Shot Packs the Big Punch
— First dose also worse for those with previous COVID, but "small price to pay" for protection

https://www.medpagetoday.com/special...clusives/91157
Dad (90) had severe side effects. We almost lost him.

The four treating physicians during this month-long ordeal agreed that Dad likely had an undetected UTI that rapidly worsened due to an immune response from the vaccine.

Almost a month later, Dad has nearly recovered. He would tell anyone, particularly the elderly, to have a full medical examination before taking the vaccine to ensure there are no underlying conditions.

Dad has chosen not to receive the second dose (Pfizer).

Old 02-15-2021, 08:48 PM

5,712 posts, read 4,289,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post

The four treating physicians during this month-long ordeal agreed that Dad likely had an undetected UTI that rapidly worsened due to an immune response from the vaccine.

Almost a month later, Dad has nearly recovered. He would tell anyone, particularly the elderly, to have a full medical examination before taking the vaccine to ensure there are no underlying conditions.

And if he talked to my aunt of similar age, who got covid before she could get the vaccine and is still fighting its effects after a month, with lung scarring and just being rushed to the ER from internal bleeding exacerbated by the blood thinners they give you to prevent covid thrombosis, he just might choose to get the 2nd dose. But he should take his own advice and get a medical first. Its not the vaccine's fault if he had an undetected UTI.

Old 02-15-2021, 08:49 PM

5,712 posts, read 4,289,046 times

Sounds pretty safe. Most 'side effects' were sore arms, only 1 in 5 had anything more serious and that was transient.

Old 02-15-2021, 08:54 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,485,925 times
My husband and I received our first dose last Friday. We were happy that we had nothing more than the sore arm that was injected. When we received our Shingrex vaccine, he was sick for several days (achies, chills, fever, bad headache) while I had no effects except sore arm and a bit of fatigue.

Old 02-16-2021, 04:13 AM

491 posts, read 518,925 times
I got it yesterday. My joints are achy and my arm feels like it's going to fall off.

Old 02-16-2021, 05:37 AM

24,406 posts, read 23,065,142 times
I'm upset. A coworker's elderly mother died after getting the vaccine less than two weeks ago. She was in a nursing home and he was relieved she got it and I just quietly had my doubts if it was a good move. He wants to get the vaccine and I just told him he had Covid already( which he refuses to believe even though we all had it at work, he thought if you got it you got really ill) so he's in all likelihood immune to it.
I won't get the vaccine. He said I should because my mother is the same age as his. No. My mother won't get it and I'm relieved. She had Covid already.
I think this will be the next round to kill off the elderly and chronically ill. If the virus doesn't get you, the vaccine will.
Get your vitamins. Vitamin C. Vitamin D. Take zinc if you think you're getting sick. And there's other treatments like Hydrochloroquine which now they admit is effective.

Old 02-16-2021, 08:04 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,103,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola The yorkie View Post
Not sure these side effects are considered adverse or worthy of reporting...all the literature warns of them..

Guillian Barre.yes is reportable, can result in paralysis......I just read up on it, said it actually is an autoimmune reaction....not sure always why...one outcome like that, I would never get a vaccine again.

Hubby finally recovered from Moderna dose 2... miserable weekend tho..
Now he goes for shoulder surgery tomorrow...that is never fun post op....I will treat the pain..lucky to have a nurse wife, huh?

My opinion only...not giving medical advice!
I would wait until after his surgery to report it in case there is a downturn/other symptoms emerge but I would definitely report it. His trajectory could be important for determining what happened for the people for whom the shot was fatal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post

Please report that to VAERS. Undetected UTIs run rampant in the elderly. If it was predisposing to a near fatal adverse event they need to know that so they can recommend a simple UA prior to immunization for the elderly.
https://vaers.hhs.gov/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
And if he talked to my aunt of similar age, who got covid before she could get the vaccine and is still fighting its effects after a month, with lung scarring and just being rushed to the ER from internal bleeding exacerbated by the blood thinners they give you to prevent covid thrombosis, he just might choose to get the 2nd dose. But he should take his own advice and get a medical first. Its not the vaccine's fault if he had an undetected UTI.
If the UTI contributed to a serious adverse event, shouldn't we take precautions so that doesn't happen to someone else? Randomly catching covid, especially if one has had the flu vaccine, might result in severe symptoms. It's another thing to just offer yourself up to land in the ICU by accepting a vaccine that was supposed to prevent that from happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I'm upset. A coworker's elderly mother died after getting the vaccine less than two weeks ago. She was in a nursing home and he was relieved she got it and I just quietly had my doubts if it was a good move. He wants to get the vaccine and I just told him he had Covid already( which he refuses to believe even though we all had it at work, he thought if you got it you got really ill) so he's in all likelihood immune to it.
I won't get the vaccine. He said I should because my mother is the same age as his. No. My mother won't get it and I'm relieved. She had Covid already.
I think this will be the next round to kill off the elderly and chronically ill. If the virus doesn't get you, the vaccine will.
Get your vitamins. Vitamin C. Vitamin D. Take zinc if you think you're getting sick. And there's other treatments like Hydrochloroquine which now they admit is effective.
I hope her death was reported to VAERS. https://vaers.hhs.gov/

People who have had covid should be screened for the presence of antibodies BEFORE getting the vaccine

Quote:
Most pertinently, when viral antigens are present in the vascular endothelium or other layers of the blood vessel, and especially in elderly and frail with cardiovascular disease, the antigen specific immune response incited by the vaccine is almost certain to do damage to the vascular endothelium. Such vaccine directed endothelial damage is certain to cause blood clot formation with the potential for major thromboembolic complications, at least in a subset of such patients. If a majority of younger more robust patients might tolerate such vascular injury from a vaccine immune response, many elderly and frail patients with cardiovascular disease almost certainly will not.
https://noorchashm.medium.com/a-lett...e-7d17d037982d
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.