Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2021, 03:09 AM

1,499 posts, read 884,853 times

Advertisements

Definitely side effects of Pfizer vaccine is minimal to Moderna....sore arm, maybe aches, like a flu shot..

Just spent the weekend with a hubby who got Moderna dose 2 on Friday..

He truly was very sick...fever, chills, bad headache, very sore arm, body aches and weakness in legs that he could barely walk..
Yes he is 81, but very active
Literature actually says that older folks can have LESS side effects
There is a video on UTube of a nurse, age 22.....she was bedridden for two days..age 22

Haven’t heard of anyone who got Moderna that didn’t have some level of significant side effects..

Pfizer much less

Old 02-15-2021, 07:28 AM

5,703 posts, read 4,276,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robocall View Post
The publication you cite indicates the problem noted there is due to the adjuvants in those particular vaccines. The Moderna and Pfizer vaccines do not contain adjuvants.

https://www.formulaction.com/en/abou...and-efficiency

Its not like almost half a million people died in less than a year, which is the risk of not getting vaccinated. I guess that the people who die from covid or suffer long-term effects of covid because they chose not to get vaccinated will take much comfort in knowing that they (may have) had an extremely small risk of non-lethal effects from the vaccine.

Old 02-15-2021, 07:54 AM

11,175 posts, read 16,008,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingBoat View Post
Many people in this thread don't seem to understand two things... 1) You ALSO want to be concerned with the LONG-term side effects. They are unknown. We don't know if there are any. 2) There's a difference between being "anti-vaccine" and being "anti-inadequately tested, experimental vaccine". Vaccines usually take 4 to 5 years to test -- not 2 months. These COVID-19 ones are being RUSHED to market under emergency authorization.
You attempting to write about what other people "don't seem to understand" is pretty ironic considering you don't seem to understand the purpose of this thread. Here's a hint: take a look at the question posed in the title to the thread. It seems simple enough that even a child should understand it.

Additionally, you don't seem to understand another basic tenet of this forum: discussing the pros and cons of vaccines is specifically prohibited. You might want to take a look at the Sticky at the top of the Health & Wellness Forum. You are welcome to your belief that the vaccine has not been appropriately tested; however, according to the rules of this forum, you are not welcome to posting about your belief(s) here.

Now to get back on topic and actually respond to the question posed by the OP: I had the Pfizer vaccine and I have not as yet incurred any side effects.

Old 02-15-2021, 07:54 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,683,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
It is interesting that some seemingly basic questions about the vaccines are still being figured out while they are being given to humans. Like how long with they last? All we know is for the first 3 months or so they cause little negative effects and the vaccine lasts at least that long.

I think its a legit concern but we are between a rock and a hard place. Taking 5 years or more to test a vaccine long term would mean covid might be spreading unchecked for the next 5 years destroying our way of life. That was not an option. So if turns out we have long term vaccine problems we will have to figure that out then. Hopefully it will be less of an issue than covid itself.

There's definitely side effects that are of concern that officials are brushing aside in favor of knocking down infections but I disagree with their execution. There are a lot of people with underlying conditions that should not get the vaccine regardless how dangerous covid is for them. People who have certain auto-immune diseases and severe hypertension should not get them. I believe some people are being turned away. But in that regards, they should be vaccinating people who have active lifestyles, those who are frontline workers, public facing workers, and those who are in frequent contact with people. They should be vaxxed to prevent the spread. I said this over and over that saving a bunch of elderly folks confined to their beds isn't going to stop the pandemic quickly.

Old 02-15-2021, 08:05 AM

10,545 posts, read 7,735,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola The yorkie View Post
Definitely side effects of Pfizer vaccine is minimal to Moderna....sore arm, maybe aches, like a flu shot..

Just spent the weekend with a hubby who got Moderna dose 2 on Friday..

He truly was very sick...fever, chills, bad headache, very sore arm, body aches and weakness in legs that he could barely walk..
Yes he is 81, but very active
Literature actually says that older folks can have LESS side effects
There is a video on UTube of a nurse, age 22.....she was bedridden for two days..age 22

Haven’t heard of anyone who got Moderna that didn’t have some level of significant side effects..

Pfizer much less
Data reported so far does indicate Moderna causes more side effects, but not quite so dramatic as your experience. I've read that Moderna doses contain triple the number of vaccine micrograms compared to Pfizer.

https://www.businessinsider.com/pfiz...ompare-2020-12

Pfizer: Compared to Moderna's shot, there were fewer reports of pain, fatigue, and headaches in Pfizer's vaccine trials. The most common side effects were injection site pain (84%), fatigue (63%), and headache (55%). Severe side effects after the second dose happened with less frequency than Moderna's trial, with the highest rates among volunteers under 55 years old: 5% recorded severe fatigue, 3% had severe headaches, 2% had severe chills, and 2% had new or worsened muscle pain.

Moderna: More than nine in 10 people registered some level of side effects, with most being mild or moderate. The most common reactions were injection site pain (92%), fatigue (69%), headache (63%), and muscle pain (60%). Younger participants recorded more side effects. Among volunteers ages 18-64, nearly 1 in 5 had a severe reaction after the second booster dose.

The most common severe side effects for this age group were fatigue (11%), muscle pain (10%), joint pain (6%), fever (2%), and chills (2%). Among this younger group, a handful also recorded grade-four side effects, which are potentially life-threatening in severity. Ten of these volunteers, less than 0.1%, had grade-four fevers, which exceeded 104 degrees Fahrenheit.

Old 02-15-2021, 08:22 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,122,405 times
My parents, both extremely active, got their first vaccine 4 days ago. Mom is 81, dad is almost 86. Neither of them look or act their age. They got the Pfizer. The next day mom was extremely fatigued/weak. She could barely get out of her chair or walk (and she never sits much throughout the day), she just had an all over achy, icky feeling beside the fatigue. I was concerned. She's gotten a little better now but is complaining that her eyeballs feel cold (never heard that before). She did say that her arm doesn't hurt as she was kind of expecting it to. Dad has had no side effects. I am somewhat concerned about mom with that 2nd vaccine.

Old 02-15-2021, 08:56 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,683,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by writerwife View Post
My parents, both extremely active, got their first vaccine 4 days ago. Mom is 81, dad is almost 86. Neither of them look or act their age. They got the Pfizer. The next day mom was extremely fatigued/weak. She could barely get out of her chair or walk (and she never sits much throughout the day), she just had an all over achy, icky feeling beside the fatigue. I was concerned. She's gotten a little better now but is complaining that her eyeballs feel cold (never heard that before). She did say that her arm doesn't hurt as she was kind of expecting it to. Dad has had no side effects. I am somewhat concerned about mom with that 2nd vaccine.
Her innate immune system is definitely being triggered here by the vaccine and they haven't had much work because she probably wasn't sick much. That's one of the things on many youtube channels say is that having a responsive innate immune system is important. Constant hot/cold showers baths to increase your immune system response. A lot of elderly people who never had a flu before, dies by flu vaccine.

So definitely get checked out before taking the 2nd shot.

Old 02-15-2021, 09:20 AM

10,545 posts, read 7,735,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
.. A lot of elderly people who never had a flu before, dies by flu vaccine..
No way.

No source will even support a few dying from vaccine. Only in rare instances from anaphylaxis.

Old 02-15-2021, 09:37 AM

644 posts, read 306,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Its not like almost half a million people died in less than a year, which is the risk of not getting vaccinated. I guess that the people who die from covid or suffer long-term effects of covid because they chose not to get vaccinated will take much comfort in knowing that they (may have) had an extremely small risk of non-lethal effects from the vaccine.
I agree. But you're talking about people who haven't had Covid. The vaccine is definitely worth the risk to them. But if I had it already the risk-benefit looks pretty different. What's minor side effects to you might put me out of my job, and put my kids in an unsafe situation if I'm incapacitated for more than a day or two. Hopefully it'll become more clear with time how common it is to have stuff like lingering headache or weakness, vs just a couple of days of misery.

Old 02-15-2021, 09:48 AM

1,972 posts, read 1,099,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Additionally, you don't seem to understand another basic tenet of this forum: discussing the pros and cons of vaccines is specifically prohibited. You might want to take a look at the Sticky at the top of the Health & Wellness Forum. You are welcome to your belief that the vaccine has not been appropriately tested; however, according to the rules of this forum, you are not welcome to posting about your belief(s) here.
Imo its unfortunate there is no sub-forum for the vaccine as it is being authorized under emergency use.

However you can make threads about it in the politics-other-controversies section which is an overburdened forum.

Search function is your friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness