Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2021, 11:29 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,387,368 times

Advertisements

Pfizer. First dose, nothing but a sore arm. Second dose, flu-like symptoms for a day, bad enough to call out of work. Then I woke up the next day like nothing ever happened, except for the sore arm part.

So far at work we have people who either have no side effects or flu-like symptoms. Nothing crazy.

Old 02-14-2021, 11:35 AM

8,814 posts, read 5,129,154 times
I had flu like symptoms with my pneuomonia shot. It lasted all day. I used to get monthly allergy shots. My arm would swell up like a balloon evey time. By the way...I am now allergy free. There are side effects to everything. It beats covid.

Old 02-14-2021, 11:57 AM

20,549 posts, read 17,808,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingBoat View Post
Wait 3 to 4 years, then tell me you have no side effects. Both the Pfizer and Maderna vaccines use brand new mRNA technology. These are experimental vaccines that were authorized by the FDA for emergency use based on just two months of clinical trial data. There are unknown risks regarding auto immune diseases, pathogen priming / antibody dependent enhancement, risk of infertility for women of child bearing age, and according to immunologist J. Bart Classen, possibly even neurological disorders (from the mRNA vaccines) that may take years to come to light. Unfortunately, the technocrats and the media are being quiet about the risks and this post will probably get deleted. Childrenshealthdefense.org has a great article. For the record, I am not 'anti-vaccine'. I am anti-experimental vaccines that have not been fully tested. Most vaccines are tested for 5 years before they ever hit the market. Personally I am waiting for the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, which at least uses the old (tested) DNA technology.
There's are reasons why 25% of healthcare pros do not want to take it. I'm not against vaccines at all but all vaccines the last decades have gone through extensive testing before release. These vaccines so far have not been extensively tested. So they are actively gathering data right now from people. I believe eventually they will adjust the composition to make it safe.

Old 02-14-2021, 12:25 PM

10,659 posts, read 7,880,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
There's are reasons why 25% of healthcare pros do not want to take it. I'm not against vaccines at all but all vaccines the last decades have gone through extensive testing before release. These vaccines so far have not been extensively tested. So they are actively gathering data right now from people. I believe eventually they will adjust the composition to make it safe.
These people can wait for the old school vaccine then, coming soon. I would take any of them but figure the new technology mRNA vaccines, with their very specific immune response target, are the best bet.

Old 02-14-2021, 03:47 PM

23,491 posts, read 19,184,248 times
Got the first one 2 weeks ago. Slightly achy with a chill that evening, fine the next day. I wondered whether some if it could have been confirmation bias. Shoulder was sore for a couple of days. Pretty much the same as the other dozen people I know who've gotten it.

Old 02-14-2021, 04:10 PM

13,124 posts, read 7,607,087 times
My father was an GP and TB physician. WW2 vet. He always tried a new drug on himself first before prescribing to clients. He was not impressed with some of the sleep aids-nightmares, statins-muscle degradation. We kids always got the vaccines if available but most of then childhood illness did not have vaccines in the mid fifties . Pertussis almost killed my father when was a child. My mother lost 4 siblings to the USA-Kansas 1917-18 influenza pandemic. Mass childhood vaccinations in the from the 50s forward resulted in the eventual closure of mental retardation institutions and medical abortions from suspected exposure to rubella.

Remember the, MARCH of DIMES? Polio was a big deal.
Those who are eligible for the CorVid vaccine and refuse the shots will allow someone more deserving the gift.

Old 02-14-2021, 04:23 PM

1,462 posts, read 688,916 times
My husband got the 2nd Pfizer dose on Fri . No issues.

Old 02-14-2021, 04:26 PM

1,462 posts, read 688,916 times
Quote:
And there are reasons 75% of them do take it. There is a risk analysis we will need to do as individuals.

Old 02-14-2021, 04:41 PM

3,328 posts, read 2,288,549 times
First vaccine (Pfizer) sore arm only. Second vaccine sore arm and fever for 24 hours along with twinges of chills and aches, but nothing as bad as some bugs I've had in years past. I slept off and on the day after and the following day I was back to normal.

Old 02-14-2021, 05:23 PM

30,289 posts, read 11,932,755 times
Quote:
It is interesting that some seemingly basic questions about the vaccines are still being figured out while they are being given to humans. Like how long with they last? All we know is for the first 3 months or so they cause little negative effects and the vaccine lasts at least that long.

I think its a legit concern but we are between a rock and a hard place. Taking 5 years or more to test a vaccine long term would mean covid might be spreading unchecked for the next 5 years destroying our way of life. That was not an option. So if turns out we have long term vaccine problems we will have to figure that out then. Hopefully it will be less of an issue than covid itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness