Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 07:06 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 5,159,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie_Mom View Post
I am proud of you going for 3 weeks with out a cigarette, if I remember, by that time five years ago, I was feeling better and the spacey feeling was going away. What is it with wanting to shove about anything into our mouths?? I have been trying to stick to fruit, water, and veggies with no butter.
My husband is on his own as far as the smoking goes, I guess I will not be supportive of him if he can't do the same for me, I guess after 23 years you really get to know a person, and I am not liking a lot of things.
I was embarassed when going to pick my child up from school, and it was getting to the point people would give you weird looks for smoking where ever you went. You made it this far, and you have won the battle, just always remember how you have felt for the last 3 weeks, and ask yourself if you want to go through it again. I think I learned my lesson this time.
COME ON QBABY AND ALL OF YOU OTHERS, WE CAN DO THIS!!!! JUST GIVE IT A SHOT, YOU HAVE US HERE FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!!!!

O.K. I'm in !!!!
As I sit here, I am smoking what may be my last ! I have a wicked headache from chain smoking yesterday. Very stressful day with attorneys, homeowners ins. in Florida and hubby hurt himself at work. I do have 6 left... but I will be putting them down.I will be leaving them home when I go out. I bought tic tacs to bring along with me.
I won't be surprised if I finish what I have, but I will NOT buy anymore.
I will be riding this train with you guys. I WILL need your support. I promise to be honest, as I have nothing to hide. I am human.
The hardest part is going to be, being on this puter. That is when I smoke the most. So if I am not around for a while, don't be surprised. I will check in as often as possible.

WISH ME LUCK !!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2007, 07:07 AM

1,093 posts, read 3,795,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theqbaby View Post
O.K. I'm in !!!!
As I sit here, I am smoking what may be my last ! I have a wicked headache from chain smoking yesterday. Very stressful day with attorneys, homeowners ins. in Florida and hubby hurt himself at work. I do have 6 left... but I will be putting them down.I will be leaving them home when I go out. I bought tic tacs to bring along with me.
I won't be surprised if I finish what I have, but I will NOT buy anymore.
I will be riding this train with you guys. I WILL need your support. I promise to be honest, as I have nothing to hide. I am human.
The hardest part is going to be, being on this puter. That is when I smoke the most. So if I am not around for a while, don't be surprised. I will check in as often as possible.

WISH ME LUCK !!!!
YES! You can do it!!! I have faith in ya!!!

Old 01-05-2007, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poprocksncoke View Post
YES! You can do it!!! I have faith in ya!!!
Ahhhh !
O.K. questions..... was the first day the hardest or the fist 10 minutes ! LOL

Old 01-05-2007, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Ahhhh !
Quitting period was hard. The habit of getting in my car and lighting a cigarette in the morning. Having my smoke breaks throughout the day.
Its not easy. I am not going to lie.. but you can do it. Make yourself busy with something else when you get the urge tosmoke

Old 01-05-2007, 09:08 AM

Another awesome thing... I did those whitening strips for my teeth last night.. and now they actually have a chance to stay nice and white. I have done them before.. but after like a month.. you can't tell. Now, I will have a glow in the dark white smile! haha

Old 01-05-2007, 09:47 AM

1,394 posts, read 4,171,318 times
Thumbs up YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! I have faith in you!!!!!

I am back, Poproksncoke is right, the first thing you have to do is to want to quit. I think so far the first two days are the worst, I will keep you posted as to how the third day goes, so far so good.
If you don't think you can do it today, then work it this way, see how long you can wait before you just can't stand it any more, then tell your self you want to quit, and be smoke free, like the rest of us are doing, then give your self five more minutes to see if you can talk your self out of having one.
This way you will be cutting way down, and before you know it, you will be right behind us. But you at least have to try, if you don't make it the first time, then keep trying, we will be here for you, and this way it is way more fun, I am having a good time, and with all the support I get from everyone on the forum, it has been making it easier for me.
If Poprocksncoke goes out this weekend, once she is around other smokers and smells the true smell of a bar, I think it will help her stay away from smoking. I don't drink, although I am not as young any more, in the 40 something range, but I went to the bars every weekend, just to dance and have a good time, have a few, sometimes to many.
Poprocksncoke, you can't through it all away, so tell yourself that, and I don't think you would want to start all over again, after getting this far.
Once you tell yourself no, I don't need a cigarette, then you will be able to go where ever you want and not worry about it.
It will make you stronger, if you can make it through this weekend, we are all behind you!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! JUST REMEMBER I AM YOUR BACK BONE, AND I WILL BE RIGHT THERE WITH YOU TELLING YOU NO!!!!!!
Now as for myself, I am still smoke free, my daughter is loving it, I eat only healthy things when I want to stuff my face, I have lost two pounds since yesterday, and I think it is because of giving up my pop, I ate plenty yesterday. I am down to one can of pop a day until it is gone, then I will drink lemon water until my taste buds, tell me hey that is enough. For now it is refreshing.
Come on all of you that want to give it up, it is the best time to try and quit, you have us to back you, and give our support. Besides it is a lot more fun when you get more people in on it. If you can make it past the first two days, it does seem easier. JUST HANG IN THERE, AND DON'T GIVE INTO THE DEVIL, THAT IS TELLING YOU TO HAVE JUST ONE. YOU WILL FEEL BETTER IN THE LONG RUN. GOOD LUCK TO ANY THAT HAVE STARTED, AND IF YOU NEED SUPPORT LET US KNOW. JOIN IN AND HAVE SOME FUN!!!!!
Quote:
Ahhhh !

Old 01-05-2007, 11:24 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,531,626 times
Poprocksncoke-maybe you ought to just have a romantic weekend at home, if you're going to be drinking-just celebrate your success thus far and let the only thing you light be a candle or two. I have read on other sites that drinking is the real killer for people who are trying to quit, since if you smoke, you know smoking and drinking go hand in hand. Unless you live in a state where there is no smoking in bars, restaurants, etc. Of course, with the unusually warm weather we've been having all over, stepping out for a smoke isn't a teeth-chattering, bone-chilling experience. BUT, when you see those poor people out there like social outcasts, just think, well I don't HAVE to do THAT anymore! It is too bad that some people treat smokers like they are mass murderers or something. It is now a known fact that second hand smoke does damage, but it is more the fault of the tobacco companies who KNOW their products are addictive than the people who find themselves with the "habit"-and as for these Einsteins in the commercials 'oh-turns out i was addicted to NICOTINE-that's why I couldn't quit"...WEll, DUH--where have you been? In a coma? No...just disembarked from the mothership? No...hmmm, those commercials really bothered me, then I saw that they are advertisements from Pfizer, your friendly neighborhood pharmaceutical company, so we will buy THEIR products that contain nicotine.
So, ANYway, for those of you who have quit, is weight gain inevitable? or do the rampant munchies subside over time? Geez-yorkie mom a twelve pack a day of Dr pepper? Well, my weakness is Diet Coke. Lemon water sounds good, too, and I was thinking the other day, wonder if they still sell lemon drops? Those were pretty yummy, too! Whooops, rambling again, good luck to everybody. Like that dude says in The Waterboy 'YOU CAN DO IT'!!

Old 01-05-2007, 12:08 PM

O.K., well I made it to the grocey store and back without purchasing more cigs ! Yeah ! So I have faith that I will get thru the night. It is atleast 5 mile to the closest store for cigs and I don't see myself making the trip out again .

Old 01-05-2007, 12:32 PM

Quote:
O.K., well I made it to the grocey store and back without purchasing more cigs ! Yeah ! So I have faith that I will get thru the night. It is atleast 5 mile to the closest store for cigs and I don't see myself making the trip out again .
GOOD!!!
At least you don't have your husband's open carton sitting on the table..
Everytime I walk by it and I don't take a pack, I want to reward myself.
Like the little kids who get a bright shiny quarter for taking out the trash.

Old 01-05-2007, 12:51 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,531,626 times
Poprocksn...do yourself a HUGE favor, and remove the carton of cigarettes from the table-out of sight , out of mind-same with lighters/matches, and ashtrays. I know when I see a lighter, I get an urge for a smoke, so if you could put the carton someplace else, you really ought to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness