Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2019, 11:58 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,976,739 times

Advertisements

Your kids will grow up and move on...you won't be tired because of them for the rest of your life. Enjoy them while you have them, and enjoy your coffee too. You can cut back on the caffeine later when you don't need it so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2019, 02:28 PM

8,009 posts, read 10,424,435 times
If you are getting a true 8 hours of quality sleep a night, you may want to check with your doctor just to make sure it's not something else, like a sluggish thyroid or sleep apnea.

Old 08-17-2019, 04:38 PM

22,660 posts, read 24,589,306 times
I am a caffeine-zombie, I love being a caffeine-zombie....have been addicted for a very long time.

Honestly, most people benefit from some sort of external stimulus.

Old 08-17-2019, 07:04 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,963,948 times
"Without them life wouldn't be worth living..."
addiction posting

Old 08-17-2019, 07:15 PM

1,226 posts, read 633,079 times
I used to be able to drink a full pot of freshly ground, dark French roast. Now if I have a cup of coffee past 1PM, I’m awake most of the night. Don’t worry about it, enjoy!

Old 08-18-2019, 08:40 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,247,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgardener View Post
Your kids will grow up and move on...you won't be tired because of them for the rest of your life. Enjoy them while you have them, and enjoy your coffee too. You can cut back on the caffeine later when you don't need it so much.
Common sense is illegal in these threads.

Old 08-18-2019, 09:22 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
I started having panic attacks in my mid-40s. Terrifying I'm-gonna-die-right-now fits. Eventually I was able to link it to caffeine consumption and when I moderated the caffeine use, the panic attacks ceased.

Friends have experienced a similar phenomenon at the same age. One ended up in the ER, convinced he was having a heart attack. He wasn't. It was all the Mountain Dew he pounded down on a daily basis.

Just know it can happen. And other than scaring the crap out of you, it's harmless.

At 65, I'm now finding I can consume more caffeine without the panic. I enjoy coffee again.
Your panic attacks were not caused by caffeine, they were exacerbated by caffeine. Caffeine does not cause panic attacks.

Old 08-18-2019, 10:06 AM

708 posts, read 1,295,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy_C View Post
I am dependent on my two morning cups of coffee. Without them life wouldn't be worth living.... (and no one in my vicinity would be safe!) I find I have enough energy with my two cups every morning and can also still sleep most nights. So that's what works for me.

I also have a diet coke or two on late nights out, to help me get through the evening. Usually only twice a month or so.

If you're concerned, then cut back. Running around after tiny humans can be draining, maybe try to look for alternatives. And nap when they nap! Or have them lay in bed with you and read a book while you nap (that's what my sister does with her 4 year old).
the president drinks 12 cans of diet coke a day and he seems normal. Got to get that energy up for his early morning hate tweets

Old 08-18-2019, 10:22 AM

23,218 posts, read 29,034,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Exactly! Do some research, there is very little risk until you reach certain amounts and that is dependent on body weight.

According to this source, drinking up to 3 to 5 cups of coffee per day, providing up to 400 mg of caffeine daily, is not associated with an increase in long-term health risks in healthy individuals (Scientific Report of the 2015 Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee -- pg 50).
I don't trust scientific reports as research scientists can be more corrupt than politicians. Think back to the 30's, 40's, 50's: There's no immediate dangers to smoking tobacco.

I read a book on the history of coffee/caffeine and I learned there's a 7 story research center in Paris, dedicated to caffeine research. All those with caffeine in their products subscribe to this research center. And God forbid that any negative info on caffeine should reach this center, as they'll be crucified.

Since 35% of our coffee comes from Vietnam, a research scientist once questioned the safety of coffee coming from a country where chemical weapons were dumped on this country, and he was silenced very quickly.

Think of yourself as a scientist at this research center, paid big bucks, and you discovered something negative in your research. Blab about it and you get yourself a pink slip!

Yes, caffeine is a drug, but I drink it all day long, in small amounts, and whether or not it's detrimental to my health, my ears are plugged. As for the OP, I wouldn't worry about it.

Old 08-18-2019, 11:08 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,817,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seethelight View Post
the president drinks 12 cans of diet coke a day and he seems normal. Got to get that energy up for his early morning hate tweets
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness