Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2019, 09:19 AM

538 posts, read 387,599 times

Advertisements

One day I had a few bathroom emergencies (diarrhea). I didn’t think anything of it because I get that from time to time but it usually only lasts a day at the most. After a few days it wouldn’t go away....every morning I would cramp up and have diarrhea multiple times....sometime in the afternoon as well. Not much a night though. Foul gas as well. I finally made my appt for a full check up and all of a sudden after 2 months of cramping and constant diarrhea or close to it, it cleared up. Dr said it could be IBS but for 2 month straight? Only other thing I could think of was a parasite but does that go away without antibiotics? Food wise the only thing I cut out was Doritos (which was my favorite junk food snack). It never upset my stomach before but I noticed it had in recent months).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2019, 10:12 AM

8,620 posts, read 5,686,195 times
IBS can come and go. Stress.

Old 08-13-2019, 10:18 AM

13,261 posts, read 8,077,282 times
Do you drink a lot of caffeinated drinks? Too much caffeine does the same thing to me that you're describing. Also, the Doritos might have a spice that's flaring up the diarreah. I'm thinking pepper mostly. Cayenne really trips me up.

Old 08-15-2019, 09:51 AM

6,957 posts, read 12,100,221 times
IBS is totally unpredictable, at least in my case. No rhyme or reason to it. Not tied to any foods or drink. I just never know. Comes on suddenly, makes me very ill, I rush to take a little blue pill and I lay down. Just need to be near a bathroom if I am out and about. You cannot logically plan for the attack. Good luck to you.

Old 08-15-2019, 10:06 AM

15,253 posts, read 13,036,751 times
Have you considered the emotional factor of being in a bad relationship?

Old 08-18-2019, 10:34 AM

123 posts, read 102,126 times
Going out on a limb here....Is it possible your water company made some adjustments: Water treatment, flouride, switched pipes, switched water sources, different filtering, some sort of temporarily anomaly with their equipment?
Other environmental factors? Some weird thing with HVAC, filter, dust, chemicals, paint, ....something that would throw your stomach out of whack temporarily?

Old 08-25-2019, 06:45 AM

4,088 posts, read 2,582,988 times
This sounds a bit "out there" for me to suggest or ask, but given this query and others that you've posted here on CD forums regarding health and wellness, I feel that I should ask if you have had genetic testing done for the BCRA 1 and 2 genes? A lot of your vague symptoms that you've mentioned line up with the signs of ovarian cancer that are often missed (and sometimes dismissed) by physicians.

You're most likely fine, but given your ancestry (you revealed that you're Jewish in another thread and I'm assuming that you're not Sephardic, but a Jewish woman of Ashkenazi descent are many other American Jews. This "ups" your risk of a BCRA genetic mutation in relation to the general population), it might behoove you to make a list of all of your symptoms (bowel movement changes, bloating, etc) and push for a transvaginal ultrasound as well as genetic testing from you gynecologist even if it's only to rule out ovarian cancer and to give you some peace of mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness