Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2021, 05:09 AM

368 posts, read 831,257 times

Advertisements

Ugh.......so yes twice. First was in college from the salad bar, there is nothing quite like whole dorm buildings puking and ****ting all at once. School staff walking around with Gatorade and saltines trying to help, what a disaster !!!

Second at a Village Inn, ordered cream of broccoli soup, three hours later water shooting out of both ends, never again will I order soup or salad bars from any place. AWFUL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2021, 03:07 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
True. Most of the time when people say they'd had food poisoning, it was something else that caused the discomfort.

The one time I did have food poisoning, it started about 20 hours after I ingested whatever it was that made me sick. I felt fine most of the day, ate breakfast and lunch, and then began feeling sick. I blamed it initially on the hamburger I'd eaten for lunch (and it was months before I could eat a hamburger again), until I found out that a dozen other people at the party I'd attended the night before also were sick. We never figured out what it was that caused the illness. Could have been anything.

It’s funny how that works huh? A friend of mine made these wonderful homemade cranberry orange muffins, and brought them to work. With really good butter. Believe it was whipped honey butter. Anyhow, we had a nasty tummy bug going around and generally I don’t get those. Well, after those wonderful muffins and honey butter,I got it. But bad.

I cannot eat cranberry orange anything after that — the thought of it turns my stomach. And everybody always says but it had nothing to do with that, and it really didn’t because nobody else got sick and everybody was chowing down on these things, but no, just can’t.

Old 05-28-2021, 07:13 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,984,317 times
3 times.
My beer fell into the river while tubing and i kept drinking it. Sick for 2 weeks and even had to get an iv because i lost so much due to dehydration .lost 13 lbs in 2 weeks!

Crab legs at a Chinese buffet. Went back about 5 times loading up my plate. So violently ill for 4 days. I've never eaten them again.

Fried fish at a chain known for their "sketchy" fish.
" Freds Fish" in San Antonio. The joke is they get their perfectly square fish from the River Walk!
Coming out of both ends for 3 days! I can't even look at their logo without my stomach turning.

Old 05-29-2021, 11:48 PM

949 posts, read 789,067 times
Had salmonella from chicken at a party of drunks. The raw chicken was sitting on a plate on the counter (not refrigerated) to be grilled for several hours (due to the intoxicated party goers). When it was finally cooked, it was put back on that plate and served. A couple days later, about a dozen people got it, all having eaten a piece of chicken from that batch. I got deathly ill for about 8 - 10 hours. I couldn't even hold down water, which is one reason why it can be so dangerous as you can become dehydrated.

Based on that experience, I'm sure I had it one additional time that I believe came from a contaminated egg. The egg had feces on the shell. Stupidly, I didn't wash the egg before handling it to break the egg in the fry pan. I also didn't wash my hands before handling toast that I ate with it. I got deathly ill about 18 hours later, same symptoms exactly as I had from the chicken fiasco.

Old 05-30-2021, 08:51 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,679,067 times
I think the last time I had it badly was from Taco Bell. I ate there for dinner while driving and within like an hour, I had to stop and basically felt sick all night before I had a job interview. Another time I think I got it from some happy hour nachos, as I started to feel awful on my drive home and was sick all weekend.

Recently I ate some chicken that I did not realize had spoiled, but thankfully I just had some bad stomach cramps with that and nothing super serious.

Old 05-30-2021, 09:47 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,710,630 times
I wouldn't call most people been really "poisoned" because to be really poisoned it has to be something really toxic.

Most people simply acquired a pathogen that is more dominant and able to proliferate in your gut and get through the linings of your gut which quickly causes your body to react.

The reason most people get sick from various foods because they don't have very good biodiversity in their gut.

Eat too much processed foods, lack of fiber, eating too much preservatives, and drinking too much alcohol.

When you don't have good biodiversity, you don't have the good bacteria that can help counter pathogens. This is why people from 3rd world countries rarely get sick from foods. They have the gut biodiversity that helps them fight pathogens from foods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness