Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2020, 03:03 PM

2,893 posts, read 2,141,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
A friend has been dealing with afib now about 2 yrs or so and can't seem to get into a good mood. She's taken some A/D drugs and they would make her heart palp more. I know everyone is different and one really can't prescribe here but she asked if I would ask C-D.

She knows of alternative heart MD's but they are out of her insurance and pricey.

This is probably asking too much but throwing it out.
grape seed extract??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2020, 04:13 PM

11,049 posts, read 6,639,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old fed View Post
grape seed extract??
Did you have to? We got through 2 whole pages without mention of it!

I developed arrhythmia in March and was prescribed several drugs: Beta-blocker, blood thinner, BP meds and for just a week, a diuretic for swollen ankles. I was on NO meds before this.

It was hard to walk, couldn't catch my breath. Between then and now, I SEEM to have recovered so the doc took me off all except the BP med, since that was still a bit high.

But still getting those purple blood spots on my arms, though I quit the blood thinner a week ago.

Tell your friend there's hope. It is possible for it to resolve but not commonly, from what I've read.

Old 08-28-2023, 11:14 PM

1 posts, read 113 times
Ah yes, A-fib, my newest disease. I got real lucky with a doctors' referral to a cardiologist. At first the usual testing did not show A-fib though in the past I had had a few episodes. Some really major stressors in my life brought the A-fib front and present. The doctor recommended the "Watchman" surgery. It took me a while to destress, but finally last March '23 I was ready. The Watchman Surgery Places a "patch" on an appendage on the right hand side of the heart. This appendage produces 90-95% of the clots. The patch blocks the clots that then are absorbed back into the body. People with A-fib are about 5% more likely to have clots. The great thing about this surgery.....no more blood thinners! A baby aspirin for the rest of my life and fewer worries. I was 74 during that surgery and had no problems, one night in the hospital. Sure hope this helps someone. My first post I have no idea what I am doing. My name is Georgia and I have multiple co-morbidities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness