Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 04:56 AM

1 posts, read 2,145 times

Advertisements

I also have been dealing with horrible head and neck pain for the last couple of weeks. It's so bad, I have to sleep a certain way or the pain will wake me up and it hurts so bad I scream. My neck is stiff all day. I cannot take nsaids and I am allergic to morphine (percocet, vicaden etc ) I can't even have asprin. I will see my dr soon and find out why this is happening
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2014, 06:41 AM

1 posts, read 2,124 times
I have shoulder pain (trapezius) that radiates up the side of my neck, ear and head...all on the left side. I have tried oral steroids, steroid shots, trigger point injections, muscle relaxants, chiropractor, physical therapy, over-the-counter antiinflammatories and nothing has helped. Anyone got any ideas?

Old 01-01-2016, 07:43 AM

1 posts, read 1,484 times
It sounds like we all have something in common here. I have pain in my neck that radiates up into my head and sometimes down my back. My doctor did blood work and I do have low thyroid levels, but not low enough to be diagnosed with hypothyroid. Now she wants me to see a physical therapist. I'm not sure that this will help, because I can move everything just fine. I do have a small lump on the left side of the back of my neck, and the pain seems to get worse when it is about to rain, or if there's a lot of moisture in the air. I live in New Jersey, so that basically means all the time. The ER gave me tylonol with codine and aleve, but none of it really seems to help. I'm hoping to see a new doctor soon and figure out what is going on. Good luck to you all as well.

Old 01-04-2016, 11:25 AM

1,316 posts, read 747,353 times
I spent a year with terrible pain from my neck, up the back of my head & behind my ear, to the top of my head and behind my eye. My doctor sent me to a neurologist, who in turn sent me to Physical Therapy. I spent 4 weeks working on posture and stretching to alleviate the pain, and then on core-strengthening exercises to support that posture. I was taking up to 8 ibuprofen a day, every day. Now, I've been almost pain-free for 3 months. If I notice stiffness and pain creeping in, it's always because I've skipped my exercises. This is entirely caused by swelling & stiffness related to poor posture (which is a result of being on a computer all day). I have nerves that are being irritated that need an opportunity to calm down. I don't have anything to "fix," so surgery & chiropractic won't help. This is entirely within my control: I can either work to improve it, or let it hurt.

My therapist used a method called "Graston Technique" on me--it's a soft tissue manipulation that helps identify and release problem areas. If you've ever had a deep tissue massage that helped, Graston may help you.

Old 02-04-2023, 08:00 PM

1 posts, read 335 times
I have experienced serious neck pain and stiff neck over 10 years. Now I found that my neck problem could be managed through some special exercise with a certain exercise device. When my neck pain occurs, I only need to do the exercise for 3 to 4 minutes and get instant relief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness