Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 11:06 AM

790 posts, read 4,020,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRed View Post
Chiropractors do not FIX things...they temporarily alleviate symptoms. A chiropractor is not interested in healing you, they are interested in having you continue to come back to them time and time again so that they can continue to collect their money.

Ever hear someone say "I'm addicted to my chiropractor!"? Think about what that means.
Not all of them. I had an incredibly good non-force chiropractor that wanted to see me as little as possible. She's a true healer.
And there's a woman i know that was rear ended last year. After many visits to the hospital and working within the "system" and not improving (as a matter of fact getting worse) a friend of hers flew her down to L.A. to see her chiropractor who looked at her x-rays and saw that her neck was broken! The m.d.'s hadn't even read them correctly.
After one visit with him she was on the road to recovery. And yes, she'll see him for some more visits but better that than dead which was actually what was happening ... her limbs were turning blue and she was on the way out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2008, 08:30 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,275,819 times
Default I would recommend chiropractic also...

Quote:
Chiropractors do not FIX things...they temporarily alleviate symptoms. A chiropractor is not interested in healing you, they are interested in having you continue to come back to them time and time again so that they can continue to collect their money.

Ever hear someone say "I'm addicted to my chiropractor!"? Think about what

that means.

Even if this is true, it can greatly improve the quality of your life. I had a neck injury from a car wreck as a teen-ager. Did the medical route and they really had nothing to offer. Physical therapy did not help one iota.

Growing up, my parents didn't really "do" or believe in chiropractic. So I didn't either. Later in life, my pastor persuaded me to see a very competent local chiropractor about my neck. No, it didn't cure it, but my quality of life is much improved from seeing him regularly.

For example, when I formerly would get my neck really aggravated, it could take me a month to get over it where I felt half-way normal again. Now...if the same thing happened, I would simply go to my chiropractor and he would adjust my neck and I would be able to walk out feeling good again that very day.

People say that they are "addicted" to their chiropractor because after receiving chiropractic care, they know what it is to have your neck/back be adjusted and feel right immediately. Before, you knew it felt bad but you just put up with it...because you had to. At least that's been my experience.

Anyway, my advice to the OP would be to see a chiropractor if she hasn't. If that has been tried, I would also recommend trying a pain clinic (usually staffed by anesthesiologists.)

Old 05-04-2010, 12:31 PM

1 posts, read 4,448 times
Well.....these postings are over 2 years old now , but in case anyone is still reviewing these posts , I might add another approach which was highly recommended to me for my Mother who has these same symptoms and diagnosis . It is a supplement called "BLM" . It stands for Bone , Ligament , and Muscle . It strengthens all of these areas and is suppose to promote new cartilage (glucosamine) which is the source of the problem and also promote stronger muscles which surround the nerve causing the pain . I just ordered this for my Mother....so the jury is still out on this one.....but what the supplement is suppose to do is right on target with the problem.....so I am very optimistic . I also agree with the physical therapy.....but getting someone to carry this out routinely is also not a very easy task . It's the no pain no gain scenario.....and nobody wants to inflict pain upon themselves . The supplement is around $50.00 per month (depending on your weight and how much you need to take depending on that weight) . Hope this information helps someone !

Old 05-04-2010, 03:59 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,791,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawipafl View Post
MiamiRob I think she did try a chiropractor - when she had the massage therapy as well as some sort of adjustments I believe.

RoaminRed I was thinking exercise might help - thanks for recommending that.

Anyone know if diet makes a difference? I did some research on rheumatoid arthritis and found that some foods can increase inflammation (one was certain cereals).
Tell her to stay away from the drugs. Most don't do anything for you and only make you dependant on them. Diet and exercise are the key to staying healthy and reversing many ailments.

1. Diet is the foundation to a healthy body.

2. Exercise (with an emphasis on flexibility and stretching components) can delay, or even reverse many degenarative diseases.

Old 05-05-2010, 05:06 AM

175 posts, read 846,953 times
Watch out with the Chiropracters! My wife injured her back and was in intense pain. I took her to a very popular Chiro. and he didn't even ask what her problem was or about her injury. He just dug his fingers deep into the injured part and worked very roughly on her. She was in intense pain from the treatment but he said that she should come back because one treatment is not enough. We went back and again the same treatment and we got out of there and never returned. I think he added to her injury. We will never go to another chiropracter. Therapists are much better and caring.

Old 05-05-2010, 06:04 AM

8,166 posts, read 8,533,256 times
Anti-oxidants will alleviate inflamation for some people. Glucosatrin (tm) has glucosamine and some herbal anti inflamatories that might help. I have some chronic joint pain and these work for me.

Old 05-14-2010, 05:59 AM

3 posts, read 7,990 times
Well justaregularguy for your mother i will recommend you to visit a reputable chiropractor Dr. Teresa Jackson & Dr. James Roman you should visit to them once they are " The Most Featured Chiropractors in Gwinnett. The doctors have been featured in Gwinnett Daily Post, Gwinnett Magazine, and Inside Gwinnett Magazine".You can contact them in Lawrenceville 1180 McKendree Church Rd., Ste 202 Lawrenceville, GA 30043
Phone: (770) 817-0833.I hope this will helpful to your mother.Take Care.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:57 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,454,952 times
Quote:

Ever hear someone say "I'm addicted to my chiropractor!"? Think about what that means.

Where to start!
Chiropractors some are like that! Others are not they are more natural remedy if you have a good one they will suggest stretches and exercises for you to do to help your self but, it is up to you to do them.
They do have a purpose and I went to one after a car accident and he helped me tremendously! I do however prefer osteopaths that manipulate. JUst because they can prescribe meds if you need them and you dont have to go to another Dr. They have a bit more schooling. Also a good one will work with a person other Dr.s for the best care the patient can get.

Old 12-03-2010, 01:05 PM

1 posts, read 3,845 times
My neck pain also radiates into the back of my head. Has anyone experienced pain when they sit? If I walk or lie down I can alleviate the pain. But if I sit, no matter in what position, the pain will go directly into the back on my head. It can be excruciating. Muscle relaxants do not help. Sometimes a combination of aspirin and tylenol will work. I have not been to a chiropractor yet. The MD that I went too merely assumed that it was from tension and gave me a prescription for a muscle relaxant. No MRI was suggested or any form of therapy. I would love some advice as to where to turn and what to do.

Old 12-04-2010, 05:49 AM

4,620 posts, read 14,994,201 times
There are many possible explanations. Without further investigation it's hard to know. Since the muscle relaxants don't help but tylenol and aspirin do, that tells me that it's nerve related and not tensed muscles. I'd go back to your primary care doctor and tell him that and get a referral for additional "detective" work. It obviously has something to do with the sitting posture - the nerve that is either being pinched or uncomfortably repositioned could be anywhere between your neck and your legs.

In the meantime you can try a couple of things: reposition your back as you're starting to sit down by stretching your arms straight up over your head and keep them that way as you sit; OR while standing, bend over at the waist so that your back is parallel to the floor and then back up to sit. If either of these is painful, of course stop. By experimenting you might be able to pinpoint what causes the pain in the back of your head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness