Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2019, 02:16 PM

30,627 posts, read 18,203,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
If you were "family friends" with "Dr Sebi" you know he wasn't a "Dr" of anything...

What he made his "life's work" was pretending to be a doctor and fleecing people of money with his useless products.

He was a quack and a fraud....if he wasn't guilty of money laundering maybe he wouldn't have ended up in that prison in Honduras...

https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/article/qu...do-we-make-him
He was always "Dr." to us. And we and others called him such. He was a doctor of natural medicine. We called him "Dr." to acknowledge his expertise in natural healing. He never claimed to have a formal medical degree

As for useless products, I take it you've never tried any, so you're just screeching on the internet about something you've never tried Fundamentally, Dr. Sebi's recommendations for "cell foods" are hardly things that any recognized "nutritionist" wouldn't recommend.

Also, carrying your own money through an airport should have never landed him in prison under those conditions. No one (not the Honduran government or anyone else) claims that the money wasn't lawfully his or lawfully obtained. He just didn't declare it.

Last edited by prospectheightsresident; 08-29-2019 at 02:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2019, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I don't know Dr. Sebi and have not done the diet route in my life, no one's diets but my own. But I guess enough people need help and support and if this "guy" helped then that is good. I don't call any health supporters quacks. I work to respect everyone's place in our universe.

On the alkaline aspect I work to keep a balance and lean to more alkaline body.

Wonderful post.

I use natural remedies, to include Dr. Sebi's products, all the time. I particularly like his Eva Salve and various "cell food" and sea moss products.

We've also gone on several nature walks with Wildman Steve Brill in NYC and have been amazed by all of the natural things that can sustain us growing right outside in NYC even: https://www.wildmanstevebrill.com/

Now, I don't claim to subscribe to everything Dr. Sebi preached or claimed. But I can attest to those natural remedies that worked and work for me and my family and friends.

Old 08-29-2019, 03:59 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post

Wonderful post.

I use natural remedies, to include Dr. Sebi's products, all the time. I particularly like his Eva Salve and various "cell food" and sea moss products.

We've also gone on several nature walks with Wildman Steve Brill in NYC and have been amazed by all of the natural things that can sustain us growing right outside in NYC even: https://www.wildmanstevebrill.com/

Now, I don't claim to subscribe to everything Dr. Sebi preached or claimed. But I can attest to those natural remedies that worked and work for me and my family and friends.
I hear comments like those in #9 above all the time.

I'll have to check out Sebi's info but I'm pretty up to snuff on my health issues and have my challenges are in a good places these days. Take care.

Old 08-29-2019, 09:44 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,223,319 times
Quote:
He was always "Dr." to us. And we and others called him such. He was a doctor of natural medicine. We called him "Dr." to acknowledge his expertise in natural healing. He never claimed to have a formal medical degree

As for useless products, I take it you've never tried any, so you're just screeching on the internet about something you've never tried Fundamentally, Dr. Sebi's recommendations for "cell foods" are hardly things that any recognized "nutritionist" wouldn't recommend.

Also, carrying your own money through an airport should have never landed him in prison under those conditions. No one (not the Honduran government or anyone else) claims that the money wasn't lawfully his or lawfully obtained. He just didn't declare it.
Nope he wasn't a "doctor" of any kind....

And if he wasn't pretending to be a doctor why use the honorific he never earned..

Cell foods are also nonsense as is the notion of an "alkaline diet" which anyone who passed 9th grade biology could tell you is ridiculous...

Old 08-30-2019, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Nope he wasn't a "doctor" of any kind....

And if he wasn't pretending to be a doctor why use the honorific he never earned..

Cell foods are also nonsense as is the notion of an "alkaline diet" which anyone who passed 9th grade biology could tell you is ridiculous...

So advocating for the following cell foods is nonsense? Amaranth greens and grains, watercress, zucchini, turnip greens, tomatillo, tomato, squash, sea vegetables, onions, olives, okra, mushrooms, lettuce, kale, garbanzo beans, dandelion greens, cucumber, Mexican squash, avocado, arugula, apples, bananas, berries, cantaloupe, cherries, currants, dates, figs, grapes, limes, mango, melons, oranges, papayas, peaches, pears, plums, prickly pears, prunes, raisins, coconuts, soursops, kamut quinoa, rye, spelt, tef, wild rice, walnuts, brazil nuts, tahini butter, olive oil, coconut oil, grapeseed oil, sesame oil, avocado oil, basil, bay leaf, cloves, dill, oregano, sweet basil, thyme, cayenne, onion powder, sage, sea salt, sugar dates, agave, etc.

But you have your opinion and are entitled to it, though its an interesting one as you've clearly haven't tried any Dr. Sebi products, yet want to write so authoritatively on them Your opinion doesn't sway me in the least. Nor does it sway the many thousands of people who have been helped by Dr. Sebi.

Old 08-30-2019, 11:10 AM

Quote:

So advocating for the following cell foods is nonsense? Amaranth greens and grains, watercress, zucchini, turnip greens, tomatillo, tomato, squash, sea vegetables, onions, olives, okra, mushrooms, lettuce, kale, garbanzo beans, dandelion greens, cucumber, Mexican squash, avocado, arugula, apples, bananas, berries, cantaloupe, cherries, currants, dates, figs, grapes, limes, mango, melons, oranges, papayas, peaches, pears, plums, prickly pears, prunes, raisins, coconuts, soursops, kamut quinoa, rye, spelt, tef, wild rice, walnuts, brazil nuts, tahini butter, olive oil, coconut oil, grapeseed oil, sesame oil, avocado oil, basil, bay leaf, cloves, dill, oregano, sweet basil, thyme, cayenne, onion powder, sage, sea salt, sugar dates, agave, etc.

But you have your opinion and are entitled to it, though its an interesting one as you've clearly haven't tried any Dr. Sebi products, yet want to write so authoritatively on them Your opinion doesn't sway me in the least. Nor does it sway the many thousands of people who have been helped by Dr. Sebi.
Can't agree stronger on this OP. 1000%

Old 08-30-2019, 12:01 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times
Quote:

So he was advocating a vegetarian diet? I'm fine with that, but what are "cell foods"? Looks like just food to me.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-30-2019, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
So he was advocating a vegetarian diet? I'm fine with that, but what are "cell foods"? Looks like just food to me.
He did advocate a vegetarian diet, but excluded certain processed and genetically modified vegetables from the diet. While he was strictly vegetarian and advocated for vegetarianism, Dr. Sebi did tell people who found it difficult to give up meats that there were certain kinds of meats that he recommended over others, etc. This was the foundation of Dr. Sebi's diet: you are what you eat.

Here's a list of the "cell foods" or foods that he recommended as part of a whole diet (I already listed most all of them in my prior post): https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c8/e4...aef1695b35.jpg

But Dr. Sebi also called his nutritional supplements and tonics--which were high in certain natural vitamins, minerals, etc.--"cell foods."

Old 08-30-2019, 12:22 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times
So "cell food" is food, generally accepted healthy foods. I would never buy tonics, supplements or vitamins from someone like this, and I would pay for any of the advice. But I do support the premise of vegetarian, or the addition of quality meats.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-30-2019, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
So "cell food" is food, generally accepted healthy foods. I would never buy tonics, supplements or vitamins from someone like this, and I would pay for any of the advice. But I do support the premise of vegetarian, or the addition of quality meats.
Mikala, everyone makes choices...not everyone can stand in the kitchen and work with so many of the foods listed. Perhaps you can and that is just FINE. I can't and do use "real" foods but I have been supplementing for many years. We've had these discussions so many times and so many want to argue against cell foods and/or supplements. It goes on and on.

An example of this issue is myself first and then I have a lot of older friends who can't stand in their kitchens and prepare all the foods they did in their younger lives. A 93 yr old in spite of her age and her advanced OA would love to prepare all her foods and she cannot. She even gets meals on wheels at this point, not the greatest but it's food. So for her supplements are keeping her vital and going.

It's amazing how many don't look at the BIG pictures.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 08-30-2019 at 12:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness