Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 08:03 AM

23,869 posts, read 33,575,259 times

Advertisements

Still no results. I called yesterday, apparently they'd just come back, the doctor hadn't read them yet so hopefully I will know something today.

It's been a hard 14 days but not as bad as it was after seeing the 1st doc. Thankfully I've been able to keep busy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2008, 08:14 AM

2 posts, read 19,612 times
Question ovarian cyst

A few weeks ago well it will be 3 weeks on Aug.20, 08 I had experienced the worse pain besides the labor of my child who is now 12. At first I thought I was passing kidney stones, the pain was persisant and was getting worse by the min. So my husband rushed me to the nearest ER..They took blood, urine test and a CT..and a mild pain killer to ease the pain till they got the results..a few hrs later the doc comes in and tells me its not kidney stones but a Ovarian cyst that was about 2cm..they injected demoral into the IV for the pain and sent me home. I was surprised that they didnt no anymore testing on me like a ultrasound of some sort. So I waited for a few days went to my family doctor..he got the test results from them and to my surprise the cyst is a lil bigger then what they told me and they failed to tell me that i have a clusters of stones in my kidney. And now my abdomen is sore and im nauseated majority of the day..I was just wondering if that cyst burts and if it didnt what are the talltell signs of a bursted ovarian cyst?

Old 08-16-2008, 09:12 AM

All I can tell you is that the pain is so bad you can't breathe. I know I have 2 or 3 more, so I'm waiting for those to burst as well.

I would follow up with a gyn, they'll probably do the ultra sound and vaginal probe. Also find out what type of doctor you need for the kidney stones. My son's cousin just had stones, they had to give her some type of bag, not sure if it was a cath but my son said you could see a stone in the bag. She let hers go which is why she was as bad as she is.

Good luck & let us know how you make out.

Old 08-16-2008, 04:58 PM

566 posts, read 1,418,086 times
Roselvr did you ever get your test results back? I hope all turned out okay!

Old 08-17-2008, 11:41 AM

Sorry, I thought I updated this.

Yes, so far there was no cancer. The doctor left a message on my machine that I need to repeat everything in 3 months so I'm almost due to call and get the ball rolling again. I will also ask for an HPV test this time.

Old 08-17-2008, 06:59 PM

566 posts, read 1,418,086 times
So far so good on the cancer side of things...awesome! Please keep us updated. You have been in my thoughts.

Old 09-08-2008, 08:06 AM

107 posts, read 307,575 times
happened to me a couple years ago. one minute i was fine the next i was curled up in a ball on the couch not able to move. my mom came over to take me to the er and that's what they said, an ovarian cyst had burst. i was in so much pain i thought i was about to die! the pain left as quickly as it came though and haven't had a problem since.....(knocking on wood)

Old 12-02-2008, 08:13 AM

5 posts, read 75,085 times
Has anyone had horrible back pain with a cyst that burst? I have a hemorrhagic cyst on my left ovary. I had my first ultrasound (which showed this cyst and several fibroids) about 6 weeks ago. I have a second one scheduled for next week. Yesterday I started with sudden severe back pain that I still have; moving almost makes me feel sick to my stomach. The back pain is horrible and nothing helps (heating pad, pain relievers) and I have a dull aching pain in my left abdominal area. Not sure if this could be a result of the cyst or not?? Wondering if anyone had this sort of back pain with their cyst??

Old 12-02-2008, 08:46 AM

BTW, to those wondering, I go Friday for my next pap.
All of my scripts (mammo, ultra sound) expired. The doctor won't prescribe new ones to see me so I have to drive the hour there, then finish up with him and will find a GYN closer if this continues, unless I decide they are worth the drive.

I do not like that they charge $10 to copy my records.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl2008 View Post
Has anyone had horrible back pain with a cyst that burst? I have a hemorrhagic cyst on my left ovary. I had my first ultrasound (which showed this cyst and several fibroids) about 6 weeks ago. I have a second one scheduled for next week. Yesterday I started with sudden severe back pain that I still have; moving almost makes me feel sick to my stomach. The back pain is horrible and nothing helps (heating pad, pain relievers) and I have a dull aching pain in my left abdominal area. Not sure if this could be a result of the cyst or not?? Wondering if anyone had this sort of back pain with their cyst??
Yes Cheryl but I have back problems to begin with.
When my cysts start hurting, it radiates to the back

The pain you're describing, how it almost makes you sick.. you feel like you're going to puke? Can you pinpoint the back pain, is it to the left of your (sorry to say) butt crack or farther over or up more? Can you describe the back pain?

Can you push on your pubic bone to see if that is painful? Does the bone itself hurt?

Old 12-02-2008, 09:20 AM

5 posts, read 75,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
BTW, to those wondering, I go Friday for my next pap.
All of my scripts (mammo, ultra sound) expired. The doctor won't prescribe new ones to see me so I have to drive the hour there, then finish up with him and will find a GYN closer if this continues, unless I decide they are worth the drive.

I do not like that they charge $10 to copy my records.

Yes Cheryl but I have back problems to begin with.
When my cysts start hurting, it radiates to the back

The pain you're describing, how it almost makes you sick.. you feel like you're going to puke? Can you pinpoint the back pain, is it to the left of your (sorry to say) butt crack or farther over or up more? Can you describe the back pain?

Can you push on your pubic bone to see if that is painful? Does the bone itself hurt?
The back pain is very low and goes from probably mid-back (spine area) to almost my left side. And yes, it makes me feel like I could vomit, and also gives me the sensation of having the wind knocked out me sometimes when I move and it hurts. The pain is there even when I'm sitting (and when I get up after sitting it takes me some time to be able to take a step); it just hurts to move at all really. Sleeping was difficult too because it hurt to roll over. Its hard to bend over, or kneel down, but, once I do, then its hard to get back up again. Sometimes the pain even seems to go down into my leg. The discomfort in my left abdominal area is not as severe as the back pain; it's more dull and, for lack of a better word, a "heavy" feeling - although I understand the cyst was nothing too large after my last ultrasound. The pelvic bone itself doesn't hurt.

I just can't figure out if this is cyst related, or just a bad back?

Thanks Rose!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness