Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 11:04 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times

Advertisements

I actually haven't had time to google, so I guess that's good. I tried to call to get the tests done next week but the office was already closed.

The thing that worries me is the actual pubic bone hurts. I'll eventually find out what's wrong within the next few weeks.

Wanttomoveeast, every man is different with the "V" My hubby had pain off and on for close to a year. It's just like having a c section or hysterectomy, some people have no problems while others do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 09:59 AM

3,530 posts, read 9,719,487 times
Yeah, we just had a bad doctor. He was skilled, but horrible bedside manner. And he really didn't go over any what if scenarios, just kept pushing how easy and simple it was. Then when my H had problems, he just ignored him, wouldn't even return a phone call. When you search on the net for post-V pain, you get tons of stuff. When I told people about it, they all looked shocked. It's one of those things that people aren't really aware about (complications from V)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Wanttomoveeast, every man is different with the "V" My hubby had pain off and on for close to a year. It's just like having a c section or hysterectomy, some people have no problems while others do.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:43 AM

15 posts, read 55,968 times
Yes. Horrible isn't it. When you tell people they can't relate, but it sounds like you bloggers at this site can. I thought I had ruptured my appendix. The doctor said you would have had gradual pain building but with a ruptured cyst it's instant(isn't that great getting it all overwith in one big bang. I continue to have pain and I am going for another ultrasound today. Last untrasound they said I had another cyst..Yipee! Last ER visit I had internal bleeding, I sported what looked like a 4 month pregnancy belly. The doctors are telling me I should go on birth control pills. There is so much controversy about what will help and what won't help. Can anyone help me with this?
I'd appreciate it!

Last edited by suff4ingirl; 05-20-2008 at 09:03 AM.. Reason: added smiley face

Old 05-20-2008, 09:05 AM

Do you know if it's true that having a "V" can cause memory loss?

Old 05-20-2008, 09:53 AM

Suff: I'm confused. I was talking about vasectomy. And then some of what I was talking about was in relation to the OP's talk about ovarian cysts.

haha, no vasectomy is going to cause memory loss. But it might cause severe pain, some men never get over it. Some (most of whom I talked to) have post-V pain usually are 100% normal after one year.

Re: Cysts and such. I was not on the Pill when I had the cyst. As far as I can remember, the doc did make mention of the Pill keeping them away. My doc now says that yes, while the Pill helps keep fibroids at bay, it's no real reason to stay on the Pill. (My husband had a vasectomy so we were hoping for me to go off the Pill). It's such a gamble. They just don't know. And we all (women) are different. We are all human.

Old 05-20-2008, 10:27 PM

wanttomoveeast: Thanks for your response. I wasn't joking about some males having (short term) memory loss after having a "V", I read that not too long ago.

Found out today cysts are shrinking but pain could be from endometreosis behind ovary..hope I don't have to go through another laporascopy. I think I'll try the pill anyways Too bad we're not healthy humans!

Last edited by suff4ingirl; 05-20-2008 at 10:31 PM.. Reason: accidentally hit return...oops

Old 05-21-2008, 03:54 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
The pill is not something I want nor do I remember him offering it last time I was there.
He did mention it the 1st visit, so we'll see. I understand the pill is different then the one I took 15 years ago but I'm not sure I even want to go that route. I take enough pills with my back, don't want to add more to the mix if I don't have to, especially since I don't need to take them for birth control.

He said I'd need another ultrasound/probe in a few months.

Old 05-21-2008, 10:15 AM

OH! If you don't need to take them for birth control, forget it! I think that's what my doc was trying to say, that taking them just to try to stave off fibroids or further cysts is not justified. They are definitely different than they were 15 yrs. ago. I've been on them for about 20 yrs. They make ones with lighter amts. of estrogen, hence you don't get the headaches, weight gain or craziness. But I'm bad with them these days, can hardly remember to take them. We had a pregnancy scare and that's what prompted my H to get the big V. A real drag that he had post-V pain and problems. But some things are very back to normal and even better than before. : )

Soon I will go off the Pill. I'm a little worried as to what will happen. We need to be absolutely sure he's sterile first.

I don't remember having more than one ultrasound for a cyst. I did have docs would could actually feel my ovaries during the annual exam, and that seemed good enough for them. Mine checks my fibroids to make sure that they don't seem to be growing. He's very good and keeps good notes.

Old 05-21-2008, 10:16 AM

I wasn't sure you were even talking about vasectomy just cuz memory loss seemed so crazy. There is a lot of talk on the web. My H has always had short term memory loss so I can't tell the difference!

Did you have a hard time with your laporascopy? Mine was just god awful. Sorry if you have to have another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suff4ingirl View Post
wanttomoveeast: Thanks for your response. I wasn't joking about some males having (short term) memory loss after having a "V", I read that not too long ago.

Found out today cysts are shrinking but pain could be from endometreosis behind ovary..hope I don't have to go through another laporascopy. I think I'll try the pill anyways Too bad we're not healthy humans!

Old 05-21-2008, 06:02 PM

4,610 posts, read 11,100,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Any of you ladies here ever have an ovarian cyst burst?

Yesterday I was really ill & had severe pain in my right lower abdomen. I've experienced this one other time before where I almost went to the ER as it was almost an all day thing. Yesterday I remembered this pain I had before and after having an MRI (IIRC) my neuro said there was fluid in my overies where a cyst probably burst. From what I remember, it was around the same time but I didn't put it together until yesterday.

I'm due for a checkup and will be making an appointment but I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this?
Roselvr, I'm sorry to hear all of this. I hope your biopsy goes well and the tests come back good. Here I was all consumed about myself and I had no idea you were going through this.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers,

Roma
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness