Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 05:12 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times

Advertisements

Yes, I know. I have back problems, so moving isn't easy to begin with.

I told our agent we need to figure out a solution to the few things they want addressed from the inspection, with the end date being Monday. It's been a month since their inspection, they then went on their honeymoon and no one could get ahold of them. Hopefully I can get them back to our house to look with their own eyes as I'm not sure they even did that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 10:58 AM

324 posts, read 883,364 times
Yes, I actually recently had this happen in March. I felt a really severe pain and then I fainted while I was at the gym. It was really scary. You should definitely talk to your doctor since you've had it happen more than once. After I came back from the ER I learned a lot from Healia Communities about the condition. If you are looking for more information, it is a great resource. Good luck and I hope you get it all sorted out.

Old 05-15-2008, 12:32 PM

3,530 posts, read 9,719,487 times
I had this happen to me when I was in my late teens. It started with this awful ongoing pain for weeks. Had the ultrasound. Doc said, well, let's just wait awhile and see if it bursts on its own, otherwise surgery. So after that a week or so later, for about a full day I was in omg so much pain. I couldn't even sleep on my side. Went to the doc, cyst had burst.

This was the beginning of my reproductive organ problems. Later in my mid-20s after an annual pap, they found abnormal tissue. I must be really sensitive or the doc was not so gentle because the biopsy really hurt. I had to have surgery to remove the tissue, although it was cryo surgery (non-invasive) and wasn't all that bad. This happened to me several times throughout my 20s. Finally, my doc tests for HPV, it was new to docs by this time, and sure enough, I have it. So I just go in for regular paps and if it's abnormal repeat the above procedure.

Flash to me benig 30, I got married, bought a house and was working full-time while going to college. The day after we move into our new home, I have gut stabbing pain in my side. Go to the doc, he has no idea what it is. They do a pelvic ultrasound, it's fibroids.

After about 3-4 days, the pain went away. I've had rare occasions of pain, but nothing like that since. It does not really interfere with my life, but they are there, so I have tests run every year to make sure they aren't growing. I did consider hysterectomy, but so many people have serious problems when they rush to have one done. I'm young and since it's not a major interference, I'm doing the wait and see tactic. Much better than run and go under the knife tactic.

I hope you feel better. The trick with our bodies is to not ignore pain and issues, watch our body carefully for changes, and see a doc asap.

Old 05-15-2008, 02:27 PM

Thank you for the replies.

wanttomoveeast, HPV was something that hit me last night when a commercial came on. While I don't know much about it, I think I'll be ok with a diagnosis of that.

Do you have the bad pain in the pubic bone? The 1st time I saw the gyno he said it was the bone, but unfortunately I didn't think to ask the other day. He thinks the bone pain was due to my back being out of whack.

The last time I was checked out was about 2 years ago, everything was fine. My pain management doctor thought my uterus was tipped giving me the back pain but they checked that out. The symptoms are pretty new so hopefully I have that on my side. I'm usually healthy and not one to run to doctors since I get enough of that with my back.

Old 05-16-2008, 09:26 AM

My cervix is curving the other way which is interesting but I don't think interferes at all. Except for when I had the laparascopy (sp.?) and they couldn't get the tube in my cervix. Boy that was really painful, even with the local anesthesia.

I don't have the pain in my pubic bone.

As to HPV, I'm ok with it too. It was hard to tell my husband and explain to him what it was. It's contracted by having intercourse, and usually it's the teens getting it because they are having unprotected sex. The teens are more at a danger because they don't see their gyn's as much as they should, hence it can turn to cancer. That's why you should always have your annual.

You can also pass this on to men, in fact, recently in the news they were talking about men asking why they can't get the vaccine too. (There is now a vaccine for it -- too late for me). It does affect your immune system, although I'm pretty healthy. It can make you tired, but I really didn't notice. I never would have known if I hadn't been tested. Since I'm happily married and committed, it's not a big deal to me. It sure would be if I was single though.

My doc said to make sure to take care of myself, eat healthy and exercise and I'll be fine.

As to the fibroids, who knows... I wonder if the two are linked.

Old 05-16-2008, 01:16 PM

Thanks, I'm going to get a google search going.

I'm going to try to call today to reschedule the tests for next week. We've had a busy week with the new house & just got home from the 1st walk through.

Old 05-18-2008, 02:05 AM

4 posts, read 55,506 times
Roslevr
lol don't worry you should be fine i last week ended up back in A&E which i would say is your ER. I had really bad pain, vomiting, wasted a whole day down there. They sent me home said we will bring your appointment closer to see the consultant again which is now next month so i went to see my GP . She told me that if i was having pain on my right as well as my left it still can be the cysts on my left ovary it does that. Don't go googling for things it can put to much in your mind which can worry you. Take care splicer.

Old 05-18-2008, 02:09 AM

4 posts, read 55,506 times
To everyone doesn't life suck i have said it many times in my next life i'm coming back as a man they don't get non of this, the only thing they can get is prostrate problems in later life and then they all don't get it so i think life will be simpler, don't you think.
P.S historectomy sounds good but the other day i turned 36 and i have'nt had any children yet so i have to contiune to suffer until i've had my kids thats if i get blessed with any. My disadvatanges is i have endometriosis as well. Life can be crap.

Old 05-18-2008, 10:35 AM

splicer: I'm so sorry! I guess I'm lucky, I don't want kids. The docs said it was a good thing for me only because of my curved cervix, they said it would have been a difficult pregnancy.

Oh and don't worry, men can have big problems. Mine had the big V and 2 months later he's still in pain. He can't ride an upright bike, and while many days he's fine, one day he'll wake up in pain. It's been hard, because he was told it was simple, no problems, go back to work in a few days. He took off 2 weeks.

As to hysterectomy, I hear you. I woke up in pain this morning and I know it's the fibroids. Thing is, you have a major surgery like that and you are taking major risks. I say, if you can live with minor bouts of pain or occasional pain, do that. It's just not worth risking your livelihood. Surgery should be a last resort kind of thing. I hope you get to feeling better.

p.s. - When I come back in my 2nd life, I want to be a cat. Ours is an indoor cat who is sometimes treated better than other people's kids!!! hahahaha

Old 05-18-2008, 10:36 AM

Hey, try not to freak. And really, HPV is not the end of the world. I think there is much worse. Things will work out, they always do. Take care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Thanks, I'm going to get a google search going.

I'm going to try to call today to reschedule the tests for next week. We've had a busy week with the new house & just got home from the 1st walk through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness