Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 09:20 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,024,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
I had the same thing happen yesterday, really bad pelvic pain and pressure, vomiting and chills. It felt like something popped inside, like a balloon, and I had a clot the size of a grapefruit, then started soaking through a super-plus tampon every 10 minutes. I went to the ER. They did an ultrasound and said there was nothing going on inside that could explain the bleeding and that I should get my hormone levels checked. They gave me fluids through an IV because of the vomiting. They said I had a UTI and seemed to think the pain I had was from that. I'm kind of scared about how much I'm bleeding but I guess if the ER said it was fine I should quit worrying.
Oh man, I hope you feel better. Good luck with your gyn appointment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2013, 04:09 PM

2,028 posts, read 5,429,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Any of you ladies here ever have an ovarian cyst burst?

Yesterday I was really ill & had severe pain in my right lower abdomen. I've experienced this one other time before where I almost went to the ER as it was almost an all day thing. Yesterday I remembered this pain I had before and after having an MRI (IIRC) my neuro said there was fluid in my overies where a cyst probably burst. From what I remember, it was around the same time but I didn't put it together until yesterday.

I'm due for a checkup and will be making an appointment but I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this?
Yes- it was agony. turned out the cyst was the size of a grapefruit and when it ruptured it twisted the ovary around on its "stalk" cutting off the blood supply to the ovary causing it to effectively necrose ie rot. The pain was very acute for around 12 hrs and then subsided so they diagnosed me with a pelvic infection and gave me ABx and sent me home but I demanded an ultrasound.They told me to come back as an OP 2 days after discharge and then they saw this mass behind my uterus. They weren't sure what it was because of its position. By then I'd bled into my abdomen and the ovary was fairly yukky so I was heading towards septicaemia (blood poisoning). I had to go through 3 hours of surgery to clean out my abdo and remove the ovary and fallopian tube

Now I do sometimes get quite nasty pain round about the time I ovulate and new I had had some small cysts on my ovaries any years ago, but this was a dermoid cyst which you are born with. Things like hair and nail or teeth cells get laid down in the wrong place during embryology and can eventually cause problems. This one of mine had hair and bits of nail in it. Pretty gross.

I just googled and found this youtube video. Don't watch if you're squeamish or hate popping pimples!
Even I felt a little yukky and I'm a RN.

Laparoscopic Ovarian Dermoid Cyst resection - YouTube

I would get it checked out with an US scan-no need for a CT or MRI. If you have a cyst/cysts they can keep an eye on them. You may have been ovulating.

Old 09-13-2013, 04:16 PM

2,028 posts, read 5,429,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Splicer, sorry you had to go through that; thankfully you have it under control.

Thanks for bumping this back up, I've been meaning to do it for the last week.

I ended up in the ER a week ago, extreme abdominal pain. I was there 3 hours, they ruled out a bladder infection. I was told to follow up with a gyn.

I saw the gyno the other day, they want me to go for a mammo, an ultrasound and he wants to do some type of biopsy or something. He thinks my pubic bone pain (new symptom) is the result of my back pain since it is the actual bone that hurts.

The pain is intensified by my ovulating, that much I know. So, we'll see. Hopefully I can fit this all in before we move May 29th as I will not be close to the gyno I see now.
Before I had the surgery my PCP was treating me for Irritable bowel as I used to get awful back and abdo pain lasting about 24hrs and also constipated. Now I think I was probably ovulating and this was the cause of the back and abdo pain. I also used to get very "heavy" legs and they used to wake me up aching during the night. Classic symptom of ovarian cyst.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:45 AM

1 posts, read 2,947 times
I have two cyst left ovary, 2.6 cm 4.8. my pain got worse, so many symptoms, unbearable. I took pain killers, used a heating pad. eventually i went to my ob. He tried to examing me put i was to tender. he stated that a cyst may have ruptured (bases on my symptom) gave me meds and stated we wil do an ultra sound in a week. if the cyst are still there or growing he will go in and remove. he states the nausaes may be from the burst cyst. now i am wondering??? shouldn't he have given me an antibiotic if he thinks it ruptured and why let me go another week in this pain. anybody any ideas......Note: i am actually feeling much better, so then may it was a burst! but now i am worried about an infection

Old 11-13-2013, 12:45 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewilma65 View Post
I have two cyst left ovary, 2.6 cm 4.8. my pain got worse, so many symptoms, unbearable. I took pain killers, used a heating pad. eventually i went to my ob. He tried to examing me put i was to tender. he stated that a cyst may have ruptured (bases on my symptom) gave me meds and stated we wil do an ultra sound in a week. if the cyst are still there or growing he will go in and remove. he states the nausaes may be from the burst cyst. now i am wondering??? shouldn't he have given me an antibiotic if he thinks it ruptured and why let me go another week in this pain. anybody any ideas......Note: i am actually feeling much better, so then may it was a burst! but now i am worried about an infection
A ruptured ovarian cyst will not cause an infection.

The symptoms you are having will get better as the fluid from the cyst is absorbed by your body. It just takes time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness