Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 12:23 PM

753 posts, read 758,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viralmd View Post
Please, get a GRIP!!!!

I'm an infectious diseases physician and the threat of H5N1 has been exaggerated. As they tell us in training: in an emergency, take your own pulse first. CALM DOWN.
Hi, where did you go to med school?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2006, 07:29 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,475,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viralmd View Post
Please, get a GRIP!!!!

I'm an infectious diseases physician and the threat of H5N1 has been exaggerated. As they tell us in training: in an emergency, take your own pulse first. CALM DOWN.
I work in a hospital and part of our training on this we where told the same thing. More ppl die of chicken poks. this is way over done. compare deaths with other known flue strains and virises. don't go to a web site that does bird flu only thats like going to a DEM or REP web site they always over exzagerate. lol

Old 11-08-2006, 11:53 PM

148 posts, read 419,124 times
Try World Health Organisation -avian flu and look at the cumulative totals especially the Egyptian figures, which is not exactly a far eastern country

Old 11-09-2006, 09:44 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,621,420 times
Frankly, I don't worry much about the bird flu. Guess I have other things to worry about that are more pressing. I can't do much about it, anyway. Other than taking care of myself as well as possible, and avoiding overexposure to other folks, just like you would do during cold season. Good gracious! If we worried about every thing that comes down the pike at us, we'd drive ourselves nuts! I have much better things to do with my time. Besides, I'm not much of one for running to the doctor.

Old 11-09-2006, 11:48 AM

613 posts, read 798,348 times
Default Pilgrim's Pride Statement

I work for Pilgrim's Pride Corporation in Pittsburg, TX.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING

Pilgrim's Pride statement regarding avian influenza ("bird flu")
The widely publicized type of avian influenza affecting poultry flocks, and some humans, in parts of Asia and Europe is called H5N1 highly pathogenic avian influenza (H5N1HPAI). There is no history of H5N1 highly pathogenic avian influenza in the United States, and it is not here now.
We emphasize that according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), avian influenza poses no threat to food safety, and there is no evidence that any human cases of avian influenza have ever been acquired by eating poultry products. Poultry products that are thoroughly cooked pose no risk to human health.
Additionally, while a limited number of humans in Asia have come down with
H5N1 highly pathogenic avian influenza, this is still a very rare occurrence, and scientists believe that these individuals contracted the virus through direct contact with infected birds. There are many other, less dangerous, low pathogenic strains of avian influenza that can affect poultry. While the milder forms are not endemic in commercial poultry, they do appear occasionally. When this happens, the poultry industry in the U.S. works cooperatively with federal, state and local authorities to contain and eradicate the disease before its becomes widespread. Pilgrim's Pride's top priority is to provide a safe, nutritious, affordable product for consumers, and to ensure the health and well being of our flocks, employees and contract growers. Accordingly, Pilgrim's Pride consistently practices stringent biosecurity measures, conducts regular testing, and takes necessary precautions aimed at keeping avian influenza out of our flocks and insuring the health and well being of our employees and growers.

For further information on avian influenza, please visit the National Chicken Council's web site at www.nationalchickencouncil.com/aboutIndustry/detail.cfm?id=21 (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness