Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 11:34 AM

50,363 posts, read 63,948,892 times

Advertisements

Do not fool with this or you will get scarring. If over the counter stuff worked, nobody would have acne. Get thee to a dermatologist NOW.
As others have said, Proactive does work on certain types of acne, but if you are getting cysts you will need antibiotic treatments to get on top of it. I agree you've got something hormonal going on, so maybe your gyno can shed some light too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2010, 02:32 AM

1 posts, read 1,032 times
Hi, I just want to say that I tried a lot of these solutions and very few of them showed any real results.

If you want a solution that is guaranteed to work 100% (Personal experience) then check out my blog here:

[URL="http://cleanser-for-oily-skin.com/"]Cleanser for oily skin blog[/URL]

I am constantly writing new articles on how to solve oily skin/acne/rosacea issues. You might also want to check out the diet plan that helps

combat oily skin, it is very affective when you also use a skin cleanser that I recommend.

Old 08-11-2010, 02:18 PM

1,173 posts, read 1,534,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSoBe View Post
Getting tested for allergies is a good idea.

If you're touching your face you should stop. You might be amazed at how often a person rests their head/face on their hands. It's usually the same spot on the face which leads to pimples and clogged pores. Chins are pretty popular.

Whatever soap you use try to wash your face for at least two minutes. It makes a huge difference. Most of the time we aren't cleaning our faces well enough. It may seem like a lot at first but it isn't really.

Because you'll be washing your face for two minutes stay away from extra strength cleansers. It may also prove helpful to buy both a creamy and a liquid formula (of the same cleanser) in case you need to switch up. One may be too strong on some days.

The other advice I would offer is to moisturize with jojoba oil. It balances out your oil production so your face isn't producing more than it needs. It's also identical to your natural sebum but is not greasy at all. The amount you need is generally 1/3 of dime. Be sure to purchase a quality brand. You get what you pay for. Try adding an essential oil like geranium or grape seed to the jojoba. These oils (which aren't oily) also help to adjust sebum production, remove inflammation from existing acne and are great for the skin.

If you can, try wiping your face with witch hazel after washing. It's a wonderful and inexpensive toner that works to speed healing and decrease scarring.

Good luck.
I totally agree with what you said about touching your face. I'm a frequent nail biter then I'll rest my nasty hands on my chin, face, forehead, etc. It makes a HUGE difference when I catch myself and stop doing this.

Old 05-02-2013, 09:56 PM

6 posts, read 5,628 times
Hey, there may be chances that because of some hormonal changes you are getting pimples. Try to wash your face 4-5 times a day. This may reduce oils and keep your face clean. You can try Moderator cut: need at least 10 other posts to make specific recommendations n oil free moisturizer which will prevent your skin from getting oily and dull. This may also reduce the appearance of pimples on your face. Exercise and healthy food is also important for skin, which gives it a fresh feel all through the day.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 05-03-2013 at 08:58 AM..

Old 05-02-2013, 11:12 PM

910 posts, read 2,293,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrina_d2d View Post
My skins going crazy. I'm 37 with oily skin but I've never broken out before until now. I keep getting terrible breakouts and big cyst like pimples on my chin only. I keep switching skincare and most for acne dry me out too much. Has anyone had any luck with Dermalogica, Kinerase, Epionch, and Clarins? I need a good skincare regime fast. Any suggestions?
Have there been any other changes in your life and/or health? Things like that don't happen in a "vacuum", something must've triggered this, it could be taking some medication or being under a lot of stress.

If you've been under a lot of stress try taking a B-complex and maybe extra B5 (pantothenic acid), this vitamin helps protect against the downsides of stress and helps control oil production.

Old 05-03-2013, 05:37 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,776,455 times
You're asking questions to a poster who started the thread 5 years ago, and hasn't posted in almost as long. She won't be answering your question.

Old 05-03-2013, 04:47 PM

910 posts, read 2,293,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
You're asking questions to a poster who started the thread 5 years ago, and hasn't posted in almost as long. She won't be answering your question.
That's fine, those are things for others with similar problems to consider, now or in the future.

Old 05-04-2013, 04:00 PM

52 posts, read 57,874 times
One of the most important things is to drink lots of water. At least 6 glasses of water a day. And not just splashing water on your face but drinking it. One of the root causes of acne is a lack of moisture to the skin. Your body and skin needs moisture to replenish itself. When its not getting enough moisture your skin gets clogged up and you get acne.

Everyone is different. Just because you don't drink enough water doesn't mean you will get acne. But those with acne prone skin usually do. Everybody need lots of water in their diet so if someone isn't drinking enough water their health will suffer in other ways even if it doesn't show on their face.

Acne is also caused by lack of nutrition. If you're not getting enough fruit and vegetables in your diet and you're eating a lot of junk food your skin will go bad and you start to break out.

Again, not everyone with a poor diet will suffer from acne break outs, only those who have acne-prone skin. But your health will suffer from having a poor diet in other ways if not necessarily on your face (obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, etc).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness