Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 12:58 PM

44,620 posts, read 61,584,987 times

Advertisements

You mean like this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLgYAHHkPFs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2015, 10:31 PM

1 posts, read 3,610 times
I have this problem. It started this year when I got into highschool. It mostly only happens when the class is really quiet and I know evryone can hear it. It's really getting to me, especially when Im taking a test or something because I can't focus. Any tips ?

Last edited by Caaatttsss; 03-23-2015 at 10:36 PM.. Reason: Thought I was replying to something

Old 04-23-2015, 12:08 PM

1 posts, read 3,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomingding View Post
Guys, the cure isn't to try to relax nor try to think about something else. It's actually pretty simple. It's your position of your jaw. I had this problem too. The reason why you keep thinking about the saliva is because there is something wrong. The problem is with your jaw position. I'm sure people who have this problem often wonder what is the normal position for your jaw to be in. Well....both the bottom and top teeth are aligned and touching each other. Just picture a skeleton's head, both teeth are on top of each other. Also, make sure your jaw is straight, and not at a diagonal.

BTW: I had this problem for almost a year. I promised myself that I would fix this problem by the end of the year. And I did.
Hi zoomingding, would you mind elaborating specifically on what you mean by "both teeth are on top of each other"? I'm not sure I know what you mean exactly. If you could further you explanation a bit more it would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you so much for your input. Hard to find info on the net or anywhere else regarding this problem a number of people seem to have.

Old 05-08-2015, 05:10 PM

1 posts, read 3,492 times
I keep swallowing like 7 times a minute, is that normal? I'm trying to get to sleep, but can't! Help!!

Old 06-21-2015, 03:04 PM

1 posts, read 3,406 times
Do you have braces/retainers? That will cause the excess amount of saliva because your mouth and lips are farther apart

Old 08-27-2015, 08:56 PM

5 posts, read 28,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staircase321 View Post
Hi zoomingding, would you mind elaborating specifically on what you mean by "both teeth are on top of each other"? I'm not sure I know what you mean exactly. If you could further you explanation a bit more it would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you so much for your input. Hard to find info on the net or anywhere else regarding this problem a number of people seem to have.
I'm sorry for the late reply. What I mean is that when you close your mouth, your top two front teeth should be touching your bottom two front teeth. Once you're used this position, you can do whatever you want with your teeth. Before I realized this, when I closed my mouth, I only felt my teeth in the back which means I was probably doing something wrong with my mouth.

Old 10-07-2015, 02:59 AM

1 posts, read 3,172 times
Default remedys

Hey there, me and my fiance have been together for going on 2 years, and just a couple weeks ago, I started doing that just as you explained, only in bed, the only thing I have found to fix it is rolling over with your back to your girl and focus on sleeping and other stuff, if you can take your mind off of it, and try not to let yourself think of it, that should help. Like I said, I'm goin' through the same thing, homie. Let me know if you found anything that worked for you.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Well I can clarify how I think it all began.

My new girlfriend and I have recently started sleeping in the same bed. When laying that close to someone else and trying to go to sleep you can hear every move they make and everything they do, so when she swallows...I hear it, and it causes me to swallow. Now that I'm conscious of it and I know she can hear me it's stuck on my mind and I can't stop swallowing. Somehow that carried over to the next day and it grew worse and even when I was by myself I couldn't help but swallow or feel my mouth begin to fill up with saliva.

Whether it's an infection in my mouth, some problem with the gland that regulates saliva, or an anxiety issue, I'm not sure what to do.

Old 10-08-2015, 07:05 PM

5 posts, read 28,133 times
I'm sorry to those who didn't find any of my tips useful. One thing that I found out that helps is to try to use your head more than you use your mouth

Old 01-03-2016, 04:17 PM

2 posts, read 5,963 times
Try taking Claritin D-12 doctor suggested I am getting better luckily this has occurred 2 times to me and it is keeping me up all night

Old 01-03-2016, 04:19 PM

2 posts, read 5,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KianaThomsonxo View Post
I keep swallowing like 7 times a minute, is that normal? I'm trying to get to sleep, but can't! Help!!
Get claritin d-12 trust me im getting better right nnow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness