Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2023, 05:16 PM

423 posts, read 283,198 times

Advertisements

It also can come from aging and family genes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2023, 05:21 PM

50,378 posts, read 64,007,408 times
Go to an ortho group with a pain management doctor. Both my husband and I do this. They have all the resources to help you. Arthritis is not something that can be cured, but managed. Some joints need to be replaced, some joints need to be shot up with cortisone on a regular basis..

Old 12-31-2023, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Go to an ortho group with a pain management doctor. Both my husband and I do this. They have all the resources to help you. Arthritis is not something that can be cured, but managed. Some joints need to be replaced, some joints need to be shot up with cortisone on a regular basis..
I've been to a Rheumatologist and had x-rays and bloodwork, but I am not going to take any injections. I have medication I take now and then when it gets really bad. My joints are not curing up, but some are protruding a little bit. I belong to a gym and do high intensity exercises and weights. But with the cold weather of 60 degrees my joints are bothering me more than usual.

Old 01-01-2024, 10:34 AM

5,714 posts, read 4,294,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetiredone View Post
I've been to a Rheumatologist and had x-rays and bloodwork, but I am not going to take any injections. .

Why?

And high intensity weights? Is that good for arthritis?

Old 01-01-2024, 10:50 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Why?

Won't know until they go to doctor. Osteo? RA?

Reasonable weights are good for RA, probably not for osteo (not sure as I only have RA).
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-01-2024, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Won't know until they go to doctor. Osteo? RA?

Reasonable weights are good for RA, probably not for osteo (not sure as I only have RA).

They said they have been to a rheumatologist and were offered injections

Old 01-01-2024, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Why?

I do an exercise class that is high intensity and use from 2.5 lbs. to 7.5 lbs. depending on the exercises. When I do other things at the gym, I do a combo of the machines and free weights and it doesn't bother me to do a bench press of 45 lbs for example. I don't know if it is good, but it helps me and always have done it. My arthritis isn't that bad and if I don't exercise, I am in pain.

And why should I take an injection when my exercises help my pain as well as supplement that are natural?

Old 01-01-2024, 09:43 PM

Quote:
I do an exercise class that is high intensity and use from 2.5 lbs. to 7.5 lbs. depending on the exercises. When I do other things at the gym, I do a combo of the machines and free weights and it doesn't bother me to do a bench press of 45 lbs for example. I don't know if it is good, but it helps me and always have done it. My arthritis isn't that bad and if I don't exercise, I am in pain.

And why should I take an injection when my exercises help my pain as well as supplement that are natural?

If you don't need injections don't get any. You sounded like you were in pain, and rejecting them anyway

Quote:
I have arthritis in my hands and just got a shooting pain which is more frequent lately. The Doctor offered me an injection, but I refused.

Old 01-01-2024, 10:05 PM

7,597 posts, read 3,260,039 times
My back is always better when the cold dark part of the year is over and I get out and do a bunch of yard work. In other words moving, lifting, exercising... I take the Max dose of Extra Strength Tylenol and have done so for 3-4 years now. Back (I think it is L4/L5) is inoperable.

I went to my doctor and asked for physical therapy because I also had a broken kneecap. The physical therapy for the back is primarily working your core. If you are moving weird your muscles can get sore. Heat relaxes muscles (epsom salt bath and large heating pads).

Old 01-02-2024, 11:35 AM

At the time I posted I was having shooting pains which is not often. I also use a hemp salve and oil which helps more naturally than an injection. Doctors like to push thing from my experiences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness