Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2023, 02:42 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaikikiWaves View Post
I've had a few operations, mostly sports related. Many broken bones. Like I said, "If I were you". I would not take pain meds that merely masked the pain for a chronic condition. The OP seems to have concerns with her doc advising her to take OTC pain meds only.
I take pain killers for a chronic condition. It helps me be able to exercise more intensely, and stay active doing things like riding dune buggies over sand dunes (something that would aggravate my condition).

It works perfectly because staying active also helps RA immensley.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2023, 02:51 PM

1,207 posts, read 535,394 times
From a metaphysical perspective, arthritis indicates unprocessed anger - so if you're so inclined, process your anger.

There is also a book called "You're Just Thirsty" (or something like that) that says arthritis sufferers are often dehydrated, and that water greatly improves everything, including arthritis.

Old 12-28-2023, 09:40 PM

423 posts, read 282,904 times
Exercise will help your arthritis in your back. But if you have never exercised before or know what to do to help ease the pains, get a prescription for physical therapy from your doctor. Next you could Google YouTube and search for core exercises or back exercises. There are tons on there from Physical Therapist that will definitely help you. And check out Dr Jo. Shes really good. I think that is her name. She's a Physical Therapist and has tons of exercise on there for all your body parts.

Old 12-29-2023, 02:06 PM

5,675 posts, read 5,885,028 times
Quit fiddle farting around and go see a rheumatologist. Thats what they do!

Old 12-29-2023, 02:12 PM

9,294 posts, read 14,911,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetiredone View Post
I have arthritis in my hands and just got a shooting pain which is more frequent lately. The Doctor offered me an injection, but I refused. I do take supplements which I thought was helping somewhat but I don't know now if they are or not since this lately is a daily occurrence at times. I do exercise and it does help my other body parts that have arthritis. I don't seem to be in pain as much just my hands and wrists at times.
This sounds like it could be RA.

Old 12-30-2023, 05:58 PM

547 posts, read 330,236 times
supplements/foods for joints/connective tissue. i had severe RA that ate up several of my big joints. i've come a long way back from those dark days. here is my daily routine re connective tissue

1. bone broth, chicken
2. glucosamine
3. multi collagen
4. type 2 collagen (in addition to multi)
5. msm
6. gelatin capsules
7. hyaluronic acid capsules
note --- must take vitamin C too. it's a key player in this
note2 --- i also take whey protein -- it's a good all around building material - bones, joints, muscles, etc. imo everyone over 50 ought to consider whey

Old 12-30-2023, 09:36 PM

423 posts, read 282,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
This sounds like it could be RA.
Yeah, that's what my Rheumatologist told me.

Old 12-31-2023, 06:31 AM

3,803 posts, read 3,000,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetiredone View Post
Yeah, that's what my Rheumatologist told me.
I’ve had RA for 6 years now.
Hands and wrists were badly affected, along with general pain.
Further work up is needed to get the diagnosis.
Blood tests are usually diagnostic (I am strongly seropositive), along with X-rays and other tests.
The good news is it’s treatable, although my range of joint motion has never been the same since.
On the OP, it sounds like a broad mixture of inflammatory problems , and further tests are needed.

Old 12-31-2023, 07:03 AM

547 posts, read 330,236 times
cause of RA = bad gut. it's reversible. been there done that. rheumy was clueless -- an embarrassment. gave her a nice card and box of candy as a departing gift. her mouth was agape as i told her where RA comes from and how i made it disappear.

bonus -- virtually all autoimmunes, like RA, and other chronic diseases have the same root cause - and the same cure

info here -- https://www.city-data.com/forum/alte...egins-gut.html

edit -- how RA happens -- bad mix of bacteria in the intestines and/or leaky gut. these conditions lead to toxicity in the blood - rheumatoid's base word is river (of blood). the blood is sacred ground to the body. body, cleaning the blood, finds places to store the toxics. in RA the body stores in the connective tissue. this triggers the body defense systems to attack this stuff that's not supposed to be there -- hence autoimmune name.

in other autoimmunes the body stores the toxics in other places -- like fibromyalgia, it stores the toxics in the muscles.

the great thing about all this is that the diagnosis is not important. because the fix is the same for all of the dozens of autoimmunes. toxics getting into the blood stream via bad bugs and/or leaky gut.

go on leaky gut repair protocol and gut bacteria optimization protocol. takes a while to turn the thing around, for me it was three or four months. ymmv

urge anyone interested in autoimmunes/chronic diseases to visit link above

Last edited by cheka; 12-31-2023 at 07:24 AM..

Old 12-31-2023, 05:11 PM

3,803 posts, read 3,000,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheka View Post
cause of RA = bad gut. it's reversible. been there done that. rheumy was clueless -- an embarrassment. gave her a nice card and box of candy as a departing gift. her mouth was agape as i told her where RA comes from and how i made it disappear.

bonus -- virtually all autoimmunes, like RA, and other chronic diseases have the same root cause - and the same cure

info here -- https://www.city-data.com/forum/alte...egins-gut.html

edit -- how RA happens -- bad mix of bacteria in the intestines and/or leaky gut. these conditions lead to toxicity in the blood - rheumatoid's base word is river (of blood). the blood is sacred ground to the body. body, cleaning the blood, finds places to store the toxics. in RA the body stores in the connective tissue. this triggers the body defense systems to attack this stuff that's not supposed to be there -- hence autoimmune name.

in other autoimmunes the body stores the toxics in other places -- like fibromyalgia, it stores the toxics in the muscles.

the great thing about all this is that the diagnosis is not important. because the fix is the same for all of the dozens of autoimmunes. toxics getting into the blood stream via bad bugs and/or leaky gut.

go on leaky gut repair protocol and gut bacteria optimization protocol. takes a while to turn the thing around, for me it was three or four months. ymmv

urge anyone interested in autoimmunes/chronic diseases to visit link above
I have to respectfully disagree about the cause of Rheumatoid Arthritis.
There maybe some gut or dietary involvement, but it’s one of many contributing factors.
Like most autoimmune diseases, the exact cause usually cannot be identified.
Osteoarthritis and other degenerative forms may benefit more from diet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness