Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 02:38 AM

6,380 posts, read 6,270,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
I don't know the reason, but, your symptom is major. It's your eyesight! Your vision! Not to be treated casually. Go immediately, if not sooner, to see about it.

^THIS

You need an apt ASAP. The first thing that comes to my non MD mind is that pressure on the optic nerve is causing darkness. Increased pressure can lead to glaucoma which can lead to vision loss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2014, 01:30 PM

1 posts, read 10,972 times
I have dry eye and floaters. I sleep with an eye mask and using a nightime eye drop or ointment. I woke up today with one eye's vision having a dark spot in my vision.

I am thinking it may be that I did NOT use the ointment. Instead I just used the drops. The ointment causes no problems when I awake. I have also taped shut both of eyes.

This started from my apparent sleeping with my eye/s open and using a fan. Fans are no, no's. However, I cannot sleep without a fan.

So, I am going with the belief that if I consistently use the ointment I should have no problem. That's what happens when you try to take a cheaper shortcut!

Old 12-19-2014, 07:50 AM

1 posts, read 10,846 times
It's comforting to know others have the same thing! Mine is my right eye going 'dark'. I sleep on my left side and think I have linked it to looking at my bright phone prodimintely with my right eye whilst lying on my side. But in a hotel I was sleeping the otherside and still my right eye had darker vision after looking at my phone. I think my eye might be slightly 'lazy' I have noticed occasionally in photographs so I wonder if that has anything to do with it?!

Old 02-12-2015, 06:06 PM

1 posts, read 10,607 times
The same thing has happened to me this morning. Dark vision in my right eye upon waking up. Left eye was fine- right eye had a very dark tint to everything like someone turned on a dimmer switch. Scared me with all the MS stuff because I know it's common for symptoms to present to women in their 20s- that's me. Going tomorrow to my eye dr to see if I can get some answers.

Old 02-25-2015, 02:05 AM

1 posts, read 10,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dentalhygienist1322 View Post
The same thing has happened to me this morning. Dark vision in my right eye upon waking up. Left eye was fine- right eye had a very dark tint to everything like someone turned on a dimmer switch. Scared me with all the MS stuff because I know it's common for symptoms to present to women in their 20s- that's me. Going tomorrow to my eye dr to see if I can get some answers.
I have the exact same thing in my right eye. I am waiting on results from an MRI. Was wondering if you received any information from your doctor.

Old 02-25-2015, 02:09 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
My left eye always adjusts to darkness slower than my right.
Get yearly eye checks, glaucoma check, retinal scan, visual fields, and I have had MRI/A.

I attribute it to my dry eye being worse on that side.

Old 03-31-2015, 07:32 AM

1 posts, read 10,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Bewitched View Post
I usually sleep on my right side, or on my belly. For a couple times now, when I wake up- whether in the middle of the night or in the morning but while it's still darker outside/inside, I have vision trouble in my left eye. It's not blind- when I cover my right eye, I can see out of my left, but the sight is "dark, dim"- I can't see things well at all. I don't know if I would say blurry, my first thoughts are it's like someone pulled a dark transparent sheet over that one side of the eye- I can make out shapes, but everything's darker and I can't see well at all. I wouldn't get up and walk around if it was in both eyes- it's that close to seeing really nothing- no light really gets through. My right eye is fine. After getting up and turning the lights on, it goes back to normal.

Coincidentally, I just went to my eye doctor for my yearly eye check up, last week, so I had the whole normal eye testing done. I totally forgot to mention this issue to my eye doctor! But, they didn't see anything wrong- my normal everyday vision did get a little worse in my left eye- I do wear glasses 24/7 for long distance...but nothing out of the normal popped up for them.

No, I don't have any headaches or anything like that. I am not overweight.

Has anyone experienced the same thing, or has any ideas??
hello my name is Michelle I have a experience the same thing when I wake up I noticed my left eye seems to be darker or dimmer than my right eye then sometimes it will be in my right eye that is dumber than my left eye has seems to go back and forth from one eye to the other but more noticeable in my left eye I just had lasik surgery the beginning of this month and I have noticed it immediately I keep forgetting to tell my doctor every time I go in for my check ups has anybody heard anything back about what this could be is this just a side effect from having LASIK or is it going to cause permanent damage if someone would please let me know I really appreciate it thank you

Old 04-01-2015, 10:02 AM

1,134 posts, read 1,123,691 times
My one sis had the same thing and I don't remember what it's called, but they did laser surgery in the office. It was short & sweet and she hasn't had problems since.

Old 06-30-2015, 05:22 PM

1 posts, read 10,102 times
Yes I am also facing the same issue in my left eye..when it happened first time I could not figure it out and thought it to be some junk or eye discharge blocking the view..then after splashing water in eye didn't help and I was sure that this is due to some defect may be this temporary darkness..I have contacts of -4.00 and -4.25 in left and right eye respectively.. I guess this s a temporary issue and with intake of essential eye nutrients it may cure ..

Old 07-21-2015, 05:23 AM

1 posts, read 10,001 times
I have the same thing! I have the same thing! I have the same thing!

Go see your doctor. It could be serious.

See an eye care professional.

I saw an eye care professional. He said my vision is normal.

......... anyone noticing a pattern here?

The problem is, ophthalmologists have NO CLUE what this is or how to fix it.

I think what it is, is an actual problem with your brain, not your eye. There's damage to the area of your brain the processes vision. This may be due to low oxygen levels getting to the brain, or inadequate neurosteroid levels, or adrenal insufficiency, or thyroid issues.

One thing I do know is doctors DONT KNOW. What else is new?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness