Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2006, 09:38 AM

1,942 posts, read 8,490,195 times

Advertisements

I hate to have to come here and ask, but it is Sunday, and the doctor is closed. I don't think it's an emergency that warrants a trip to the hospital. I have already did searches on the web with no luck.
My youngest son is 6 years old. Yesterday and today him and I have noticed that there is yellowish-greenish ?discharge? on the inside of his underwear, that sometimes made his underwear stick to him. We can't see where it actually is leaking from. It has a foul odor, and so does the tip of his ***** (yes, I only did notice this when I went to smell to see if it did have an odor; it's not like it was so pungent that I noticed it beforehand). The tip of his ***** is reddish, and he says it itches a little bit.
My husband had always said he wasn't circumsized (sp) correctly because he has too much skin left (I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but wanted to let you know). He has been a little inflamed before and had white stuff beneath the folds that we do clean out.
Any ideas? I know that there aren't any doctors, but I am hoping for mothers that might have had the same problem and can help me here, until I take him to the doctor.

Old 09-17-2006, 09:55 AM

2,098 posts, read 6,328,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshvo View Post
I hate to have to come here and ask, but it is Sunday, and the doctor is closed. I don't think it's an emergency that warrants a trip to the hospital. I have already did searches on the web with no luck.
My youngest son is 6 years old. Yesterday and today him and I have noticed that there is yellowish-greenish ?discharge? on the inside of his underwear, that sometimes made his underwear stick to him. We can't see where it actually is leaking from. It has a foul odor, and so does the tip of his ***** (yes, I only did notice this when I went to smell to see if it did have an odor; it's not like it was so pungent that I noticed it beforehand). The tip of his ***** is reddish, and he says it itches a little bit.
My husband had always said he wasn't circumsized (sp) correctly because he has too much skin left (I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but wanted to let you know). He has been a little inflamed before and had white stuff beneath the folds that we do clean out.
Any ideas? I know that there aren't any doctors, but I am hoping for mothers that might have had the same problem and can help me here, until I take him to the doctor.

Anything that has discharge, odor and redness needs immediate attention. Get off of here, go call your doctor's emergency service (they all have one, just dial the doctor's office #) and inform them of the situation. They'll ask you your child's name and number and have the on-call doctor call you back. Who will then probably advise you to go to the ER. Or you can simply go to the ER, but insurance jerks might require you call the Pediatrician first, so I'd just do it the first way. Go!!!!!!

Old 09-18-2006, 01:09 AM

421 posts, read 469,004 times
Default Infection

I think it is an infection of some kind...bacteria. He might have gotten ***** on it...or had something on his hands..be sure to go to the doc right away...

Old 09-18-2006, 09:29 AM

153 posts, read 563,228 times
mrshvo,
Please keep us updated about your son, and let us know what the doc said. I'm sure everything will be OK, but with a son of my own who is not circumcized, i'm interested in what you find out about his condition.

Old 09-19-2006, 05:52 PM

1,942 posts, read 8,490,195 times
Default doublet

Well, I took my son to the doctor. he did say it was a mild infection, sorta like a yeast infection for girls but not as bad. But, he did say it was common in boys that either weren't circumsized, or weren't circumsised (sp) as much as my son should have been. It was because of a build up of smega beneath all of those folds. Make sure he rinses out that area. Probably not with soap as it might sting and burn, but with just water, and then dry it, because if it is warm and wet...that is where stuff can build in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness