Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 11:23 PM

2,098 posts, read 6,330,009 times

Advertisements

Okay, you guys are scaring me...starting menopause in your early 30's!! I know one person who had that happen...now I'm hearing more. That is one of my biggest fears is starting menopause before I have another kid or two. I guess whatever's meant to be, right? I don't think I've started yet, but I've been irregular forever anyway. As for palps...I used to get them bad, started after my mom died. She had kidney failure but her actual cause of death was Congestive Heart Failure (due to the toxin/fluid build up from the kidneys, I suppose). Dad died of Coronary Heart Disease (as did anyone who's deceased in his family...that's just peachy). Needless to say, you can understand my paranoia. I would constantly get it and go to the ER. I was petrified (actually still am) of blood clots or aneurysms...petrified. But I have literally NEVER had high BP, thank God (mom's had it all her life...hence, bad kidneys). Anyway, after several trips to the ER, I realized it was anxiety. And I've calmed down a lot since...twice a year now is a lot for me. All tests (recent onces) cardio/echocardio (sp?) BP all norm. My next door neighbor (who's just like me) would joke with me..."how many heart attacks did you have this week, because I had 9".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2006, 12:10 AM

2,290 posts, read 2,472,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieshmoo View Post
Okay, you guys are scaring me...starting menopause in your early 30's!! I know one person who had that happen...now I'm hearing more. That is one of my biggest fears is starting menopause before I have another kid or two. I guess whatever's meant to be, right? I don't think I've started yet, but I've been irregular forever anyway. As for palps...I used to get them bad, started after my mom died. She had kidney failure but her actual cause of death was Congestive Heart Failure (due to the toxin/fluid build up from the kidneys, I suppose). Dad died of Coronary Heart Disease (as did anyone who's deceased in his family...that's just peachy). Needless to say, you can understand my paranoia. I would constantly get it and go to the ER. I was petrified (actually still am) of blood clots or aneurysms...petrified. But I have literally NEVER had high BP, thank God (mom's had it all her life...hence, bad kidneys). Anyway, after several trips to the ER, I realized it was anxiety. And I've calmed down a lot since...twice a year now is a lot for me. All tests (recent onces) cardio/echocardio (sp?) BP all norm. My next door neighbor (who's just like me) would joke with me..."how many heart attacks did you have this week, because I had 9".

WOW!! THIS IS GREAT I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER I"M NOT WEIRD!
I'm paranoid of blood clots right now because I had ankle surgery. I have trouble sleeping and keep thinking I need to go to the emergency room to get checked for one. LOL

echocardio that's the other test I had, I couldn't think of the name. My husband thought I was nuts. I don't wish those panic attacks on anyone, they are horrible!

Old 09-17-2006, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700 View Post
WOW!! THIS IS GREAT I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER I"M NOT WEIRD!
I'm paranoid of blood clots right now because I had ankle surgery. I have trouble sleeping and keep thinking I need to go to the emergency room to get checked for one. LOL

echocardio that's the other test I had, I couldn't think of the name. My husband thought I was nuts. I don't wish those panic attacks on anyone, they are horrible!

What do you mean you have trouble sleeping? I ask this because (even though I know I have extra pounds on me and it's probably just putting pressure on my feet), I get weird numbing in my knees and ankles sometimes. Let's say I'm laying on the couch watching TV. If I have my foot on the edge of the couch (not necessarily dangling, just near the edge), my knee and ankle will get weird. It's not tingly numb or painful numb, it's just uncomfortable numb. I don't even know if I shoud use the word numb at all to describe it...I don't lose feeling or get pins and needles, nothing like that. It's more like my foot/leg got bored or something. I have to give it a little shake or flex and point my feet and sometimes change positions a bit. It doesn't hurt, it just annoys me. I assume it's poor circulation from the extra weight and not quite "working out" on a regular basis. However, the other odd thing is that when I sit too long (mostly at a desk chair or kitchen chair) my feet start to swell. When I stand up I have to limp because my heels are so tender and sore. If I walk too much this happens too because once I stop, I guess I sit too long and then get up and they're sore...you get the picture. Sometimes after I wake up they are sore too, as if they got "stale" from not using them all night. Again, I'm sure it's all circulation problems from the extra weight, but don't circulation problems lead to clots?!

Old 09-17-2006, 12:49 AM

Quote:
What do you mean you have trouble sleeping? I ask this because (even though I know I have extra pounds on me and it's probably just putting pressure on my feet), I get weird numbing in my knees and ankles sometimes. Let's say I'm laying on the couch watching TV. If I have my foot on the edge of the couch (not necessarily dangling, just near the edge), my knee and ankle will get weird. It's not tingly numb or painful numb, it's just uncomfortable numb. I don't even know if I shoud use the word numb at all to describe it...I don't lose feeling or get pins and needles, nothing like that. It's more like my foot/leg got bored or something. I have to give it a little shake or flex and point my feet and sometimes change positions a bit. It doesn't hurt, it just annoys me. I assume it's poor circulation from the extra weight and not quite "working out" on a regular basis. However, the other odd thing is that when I sit too long (mostly at a desk chair or kitchen chair) my feet start to swell. When I stand up I have to limp because my heels are so tender and sore. If I walk too much this happens too because once I stop, I guess I sit too long and then get up and they're sore...you get the picture. Sometimes after I wake up they are sore too, as if they got "stale" from not using them all night. Again, I'm sure it's all circulation problems from the extra weight, but don't circulation problems lead to clots?!

I'm having trouble sleeping because I have this big uncomfortable cast on and my ankle still burns too,I have a 3 and a half inch plate on one side of my ankle and a 1 and a half inch plate on the other side and a bunch of screws around it, you should see the x-ray, but I do have circulation problems and always have.
Yes I heard circulation problems can cause clots and stuff like that, that scares me. My hands get cold easily and my feet do too. When I sleeping I have to sleep with a pillow under my feet because my arms fall asleep and get pins and tingly. My dad had poor circulation and bad arthitis, I guess I take after him. He died of Lung Cance though, he smoked for many years and then quit for like 20 years but I guess the damage was done.

You sound like you have that restless leg syndrome. Look that up and see if the symptoms are what you have. I'm not sure what to do with my poor circulation, my doctor doesn't seem think it's a problem but I don't trust doctors anyway. Maybe I should start and aspirin regimen,or start taking garlic supplements or cayenne pepper and Coq10.

Old 09-17-2006, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700 View Post
I'm having trouble sleeping because I have this big uncomfortable cast on and my ankle still burns too,I have a 3 and a half inch plate on one side of my ankle and a 1 and a half inch plate on the other side and a bunch of screws around it, you should see the x-ray, but I do have circulation problems and always have.
Yes I heard circulation problems can cause clots and stuff like that, that scares me. My hands get cold easily and my feet do too. When I sleeping I have to sleep with a pillow under my feet because my arms fall asleep and get pins and tingly. My dad had poor circulation and bad arthitis, I guess I take after him. He died of Lung Cance though, he smoked for many years and then quit for like 20 years but I guess the damage was done.

You sound like you have that restless leg syndrome. Look that up and see if the symptoms are what you have. I'm not sure what to do with my poor circulation, my doctor doesn't seem think it's a problem but I don't trust doctors anyway. Maybe I should start and aspirin regimen,or start taking garlic supplements or cayenne pepper and Coq10.
Oh! How stupid do I feel, asking you why you can't sleep? Well, the cast, plates and screws would definitely do it....sorry. So what the heck did you do to yourself to end up with all of that?!

It's funny you mentioned Restless Leg Syndrome. I saw a commercial on it the other day (can't remember if it was about medicine, which I don't like to take, or just the syndrome itself, etc.). I will be sure to look it up, as I bet that's what it is, that's the perfect word to describe it. Restless. However, with my luck, Restless Leg Syndrome will turn out to be some weird disease that comes from a rare species of ants in Zimbabwe that ended up on a boat to NY that had a box which was delivered to NJ....that's truly just my luck.

As for your arm problem, might I suggest Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Now, before you think I'm nuts, let me explain. I never had it in my life until I became pregnant with my youngest. My arms would get numb, tingly, painful, you name it. And it would be sore in between the muscle on my upper arm (where someone might punch you joking around). Then, after a while of that, it would travel down to my hands. They would feel so swollen that I couldn't bend my fingers or make a fist for the first few minutes or so after I'd get up. But if you looked at them, they weren't swollen! I started having to sleep sitting up with my arms dangling at my sides, which in turn would cause pins and needles, but I could live with that. Upon telling my doctor, he told me it sounded like carpal tunnel which could be activated by major weight gain, which of course weight gain is activated by pregnancy. I was a few pounds heavier before getting pregs and then once I was pregnant, well, let's just say fat loves me when I'm pregnant. That put pressure on the nerves in my arm which in turn run down your arm to your carpal tunnel (that spot you can push on right in the center of where your hand and wrist meet) which in turn leads to all the nerves in your hand. He predicted it would get better with the weight loss (which it did) but once you have it, you have it. It can be remiss or flare up whenever it simply feels like it.

Old 09-17-2006, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Oh! How stupid do I feel, asking you why you can't sleep? Well, the cast, plates and screws would definitely do it....sorry. So what the heck did you do to yourself to end up with all of that?!

It's funny you mentioned Restless Leg Syndrome. I saw a commercial on it the other day (can't remember if it was about medicine, which I don't like to take, or just the syndrome itself, etc.). I will be sure to look it up, as I bet that's what it is, that's the perfect word to describe it. Restless. However, with my luck, Restless Leg Syndrome will turn out to be some weird disease that comes from a rare species of ants in Zimbabwe that ended up on a boat to NY that had a box which was delivered to NJ....that's truly just my luck.

As for your arm problem, might I suggest Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Now, before you think I'm nuts, let me explain. I never had it in my life until I became pregnant with my youngest. My arms would get numb, tingly, painful, you name it. And it would be sore in between the muscle on my upper arm (where someone might punch you joking around). Then, after a while of that, it would travel down to my hands. They would feel so swollen that I couldn't bend my fingers or make a fist for the first few minutes or so after I'd get up. But if you looked at them, they weren't swollen! I started having to sleep sitting up with my arms dangling at my sides, which in turn would cause pins and needles, but I could live with that. Upon telling my doctor, he told me it sounded like carpal tunnel which could be activated by major weight gain, which of course weight gain is activated by pregnancy. I was a few pounds heavier before getting pregs and then once I was pregnant, well, let's just say fat loves me when I'm pregnant. That put pressure on the nerves in my arm which in turn run down your arm to your carpal tunnel (that spot you can push on right in the center of where your hand and wrist meet) which in turn leads to all the nerves in your hand. He predicted it would get better with the weight loss (which it did) but once you have it, you have it. It can be remiss or flare up whenever it simply feels like it.

I broke my ankle in the ocean Aug 9th on my first day of vacation in Carolina Beach NC. I was playing in the waves ankle deep may I add and then a wave came and I said oh this looks like a fun wave so I ran to it to play around and it swept my ankle and knocked me over and broke it. I knew it right away it felt like a knife or something or a bat and I just knew it was broke. I couldn't get up and the waves kept coming and I screaming for my husband to help me and he said just get up and I said I can't and he kept walking away and I screamed help me. So he comes over to me and takes my hand and says get up and I said I can't my ankle is out or something. I lifted my foot up and it looked like my ankle was on backwards or something, it was all out of place and deformed, needless to say it was broke and I had to go to the hospital and have surgery that very day. The vacation was ruined

Hmmm Carpel Tunnel I think that's it. I work at a desk all day on the computer not to mention all time I put in on this forum. I think I've had it for awhile, I've worked on the computer since the 80's.

Restless leg, yeah I saw the commercial too, that's where I heard it. I hate taking meds too, it's a phobia of mine. Although in the hospital they gave me this king daddy narcotic they hate to give out, it's suppose to be the strongest thing out there it begins with a D. It zonked me into another planet. I only took meds the first week then I stopped because I hate that stuff, I rather have pain.

Old 09-17-2006, 09:47 AM

Probably Demyrol (sp?). It's pretty funky stuff...had it with c-sections (also percoset....but that makes me sick). I'm sorry about your ankle, that's awful. I know how you feel though, I fractured 2 of my ribs while riding on a speed boat in the bay, at the beginning of the summer (4th of July weekend to be exact) when I was 20. They couldn't wrap me because they were in two different spots (the 2nd one up from the bottom...and the other was the one that is actually under your breast. Unfortunately for me in that situation, I'm pretty well endowed so between all the space between the two, and the endowment, which is why they couldn't wrap me). So I spent 4 months total, healing. The whole summer was shot. I got tan because all I could do was lay down, so I layed in the yard. The last week of August, we went to OC, Md. for family vacation. I was actually starting to feel pretty good, thought maybe I'll attempt a small walk on the boardwalk, etc. Well, I sneezed all of a sudden. BAD mistake, I actually heard a crack again and I ended up back to square one for the rest of that 4 months! For a long time after, even until recent years, I would get tender there when I would push my body to the limit or when the weather was getting bad, rain/snow, etc. And this happened a little over 12 years ago!!!! But I can't actually remember the last time it happened, maybe a year or two ago, so that's a good sign. Make sure you do everything you're told, you're carrying the weight of your body on your feet, ankles and knees so they need to be in shape and your ankle needs to heal properly....good luck with it!

Ps. I type too and yes, that's the leading cause of CTS. My friend's mom has it and had surgery for it. It didn't go away, but it relieved a lot of pressure. I don't want surgery. Losing weight, eating right and using those cushy things by the keyboard really help out alot. Also, I take B-50 vitamins (which is for your nervous system) and it too helps a lot. And you MUST sleep comfortably or it will act up more.

Old 09-17-2006, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Probably Demyrol (sp?). It's pretty funky stuff...had it with c-sections (also percoset....but that makes me sick). I'm sorry about your ankle, that's awful. I know how you feel though, I fractured 2 of my ribs while riding on a speed boat in the bay, at the beginning of the summer (4th of July weekend to be exact) when I was 20. They couldn't wrap me because they were in two different spots (the 2nd one up from the bottom...and the other was the one that is actually under your breast. Unfortunately for me in that situation, I'm pretty well endowed so between all the space between the two, and the endowment, which is why they couldn't wrap me). So I spent 4 months total, healing. The whole summer was shot. I got tan because all I could do was lay down, so I layed in the yard. The last week of August, we went to OC, Md. for family vacation. I was actually starting to feel pretty good, thought maybe I'll attempt a small walk on the boardwalk, etc. Well, I sneezed all of a sudden. BAD mistake, I actually heard a crack again and I ended up back to square one for the rest of that 4 months! For a long time after, even until recent years, I would get tender there when I would push my body to the limit or when the weather was getting bad, rain/snow, etc. And this happened a little over 12 years ago!!!! But I can't actually remember the last time it happened, maybe a year or two ago, so that's a good sign. Make sure you do everything you're told, you're carrying the weight of your body on your feet, ankles and knees so they need to be in shape and your ankle needs to heal properly....good luck with it!

Ps. I type too and yes, that's the leading cause of CTS. My friend's mom has it and had surgery for it. It didn't go away, but it relieved a lot of pressure. I don't want surgery. Losing weight, eating right and using those cushy things by the keyboard really help out alot. Also, I take B-50 vitamins (which is for your nervous system) and it too helps a lot. And you MUST sleep comfortably or it will act up more.

Nope not Demeral this was king daddy legal type heroin, it was dellato or something like that. Maybe some on here here knows how to spell it, I was researching it once and it seems the prescription drug abusers even think it's too strong to take. They don't like giving it, but they gave it to me because morophine makes my blood pressure drop too low.

I was just telling my husband I need to eat better and get on some vitamins.

Old 09-17-2006, 01:59 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
it is called Delodin, and it is great stuff!!!!!

Old 09-17-2006, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsbabe1 View Post
it is called Delodin, and it is great stuff!!!!!
That's it! It's a zonker but I needed it desperatly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness