Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 08:59 PM

10,113 posts, read 19,396,101 times

Advertisements

Ok, I know, I should see an eye doctor for this, and probably will. with all mysterious symptoms, I prefer to wait and see if they go away on their own.

For about the last 304 weeks, I have been seeing yellow when i wake up. I know it sounds odd. When I wake up, when I'm half-awake and not quite "with it" I see bright yellow light. I don't mean spots, I mean it looks like the wall or door or whatever is a bright yellow. Once i thought the house was on fire! I usually wake up when dh gets up, he says I often ask if there's something yellow in the room.

This morning I went out to the kitchen, my dd said I asked if there was a yellow light on. I don't remember that. Later this afternoon, I was taking a nap, woke up and thought my dd was in my room with a boquet of yellow flowers, she insists she wasn't even home at that time.

What on earth could this be? I never "see yellow' when fully awake, only when coming out of sleep. Could there be something wrong with my eyes? Anyone ever hear of this before?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 09:18 PM

3,605 posts, read 9,055,938 times
I'm hoping you mean 3 or 4 weeks, not 304.

Honestly don't know what it could be, but the eye dr. would be a good place to start.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:19 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,267,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Ok, I know, I should see an eye doctor for this, and probably will. with all mysterious symptoms, I prefer to wait and see if they go away on their own.

For about the last 304 weeks, I have been seeing yellow when i wake up. I know it sounds odd. When I wake up, when I'm half-awake and not quite "with it" I see bright yellow light. I don't mean spots, I mean it looks like the wall or door or whatever is a bright yellow. Once i thought the house was on fire! I usually wake up when dh gets up, he says I often ask if there's something yellow in the room.

This morning I went out to the kitchen, my dd said I asked if there was a yellow light on. I don't remember that. Later this afternoon, I was taking a nap, woke up and thought my dd was in my room with a boquet of yellow flowers, she insists she wasn't even home at that time.

What on earth could this be? I never "see yellow' when fully awake, only when coming out of sleep. Could there be something wrong with my eyes? Anyone ever hear of this before?
For almost 6 years? And you've counted the weeks? Might not be anything but you said you are planning to see a doc. Well, you've been steadfastly counting the weeks but never got around to asking a doctor? Have you been to a doctor at all during that time?

Old 11-16-2011, 09:21 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post

304 WEEKS?? You mean you've been going thru this for 6 YEARS?

And you are waiting to see if it "goes away on its own"??

I am just completely speechless I'm afraid.

Hopefully this is nothing. Buy why you would wait so long to check out something as precious as your eyesight is just beyond me.

Get yourself checked out by your doctor - this could be diabetes or some other serious condition you don't want to mess around with!

Old 11-16-2011, 09:31 PM

19,697 posts, read 20,225,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
for almost 6 years? And you've counted the weeks?

lmao

Old 11-16-2011, 10:02 PM

10,113 posts, read 19,396,101 times
oops, a typo----I meant 3 or 4 weeks, not 304 weeks

Any ideas what it could be? I do plan to see an eye doctor soon---maybe in 203 weeks----I meant 2 or 3 weeks

Old 11-16-2011, 10:29 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,921,932 times
I doubt it is an eye issue . . .the brain controls the eyes, correct?

I would think of everything yellow you can think of from the third chakra, to lemons, the sun, "chicken" (being called "yellow"), etc. I would take the role of "curious one" and ask myself, "If I KNEW why I am seeing yellow when I wake up, what would I think the reason is?"

I think you said you saw a yellow bouquet of flowers . . .I would follow the "symptoms" and work with it as if it were a dream . . .from a Jungian perspective . . . Of course, see a doctor, blah, blah, blah . . .you probably should do that to rule anything else out . . .

I personally would also do a painting in all yellow and see what I produce . . .

Old 11-17-2011, 06:28 AM

6,896 posts, read 22,519,774 times
When the whites of the eye are yellow this indicates jaundice. What color are the white of the eye when this is happening? When was the last time you had an eye exam? A physical? I think I'd start with an MD and see what they think first.

Old 11-17-2011, 08:50 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,267,233 times
Well thank goodness that was a typo!

Old 11-17-2011, 09:04 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,861,727 times
The medical term for seeing yellow is xanthopsia.

It can be caused by jaundice, overdoses of certain medications, cataracts (but if that was the case, it would be constant and not just when you woke up), and possibly by low blood sugar.

Sounds like it's time for a trip to the doctor!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness