Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 11:50 PM

44,625 posts, read 61,603,272 times

Advertisements

This yellow flashing happened to me. I called our eye doctor (ophthalmologist) he immediately had me come in for an examination and he found that I had a detached retina and we went to the hospital immediately for laser surgery to repair it. It's a serious situation.
Read this web site, good information: http://www.docshop.com/education/vis...e/eye-symptoms

Flashes
Like floaters, flashes are eye symptoms associated with of retinal detachment. People who see flashes often describe them as being like an arc of light across the field of vision, or a light bulb going on and off. In more common and less dangerous cases, flashes are caused by vitreous detachment. Because of the danger of retinal detachment and its long-term consequences, though, people who see flashes are advised to see a physician immediately.
Eye and Vision Problems and Their Symptoms
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2015, 05:02 PM

2 posts, read 65,144 times
The bows of my glasses were making indention deep into my temples. Had them adjusted and my yellow disappeared.

Old 04-20-2015, 12:51 AM

12 posts, read 25,176 times
Are you on a Med called Digoxin? Too high of a dose can cause people to see yellow.

Old 04-20-2015, 05:44 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
When the whites of the eye are yellow this indicates jaundice. What color are the white of the eye when this is happening? When was the last time you had an eye exam? A physical? I think I'd start with an MD and see what they think first.
I don't think the OP is talking about the whites of his/her eyes. She is talking about waking up and seeing some yellow. This is very different from yellow whites.

I just noticed this thread keeps getting revived. It started years ago, no one seems to have any real idea why some see yellow often or on occassion but we keep discussing it. I hope some of you will let us know what the doctor has to say.

Old 06-24-2015, 02:12 AM

1 posts, read 6,963 times
Default Fluorescent yellow or green saturation upon awakening

Quote:
Originally Posted by medtronic1 View Post
I see yellow, upon awakening, as well. Not every time, but sometimes, when I am dozing in a chair or resting, I see yellow when I first open my eyes and I look around. It doesn't last long, but it is definitely yellow. I saw an ophthalmologist right away about this because I was alarmed (this was several years ago). I immediately thought there must be a tumor in my brain! The Dr. completely down played my concerns. He told me it was "probably something metabolic". He advised me to "wait a few weeks", and it would probably go away. I thought his explanation was rather vague and useless. I have tried to do some research on this issue, but I haven't found much. This is the first time I have read about someone who see's yellow just when they first wake up. So that's two people with the same symptoms! I have not seen another Dr; I'm not sure why. I guess I don't want to know what's going on if it is serious. Rather childish I know,but I'm just being honest. We can't be the only two people to present with these symptoms: who might know something more about this?
No, there's now a third person with virtually identical symptoms. Like Medtronic1, I too experience a bright yellow--or sometimes a fluorescent green--'backdrop' of everything that is within my field of vision. It could be a sofa, chair, table, wall, etc. It most often occurs just after awakening from a short afternoon nap in my recliner chair. It only lasts 10 to 15 seconds and everything quickly returns to its original color and tone. I started experiencing this about 3 months ago and while initially it startled me, I have learned to deal with it. It rarely occurs when I'm lying flat in bed so I'm wondering if the propped up head position in a chair may have something to do with it. While I do occasionally visit my doctor to renew my high blood pressure medication, I have not mentioned this to him. (Yes, during my next visit I will advise him of this.) To be sure, laypersons should not attempt to engage in self-diagnoses; however, I continue to believe that certain medications have the propensity to cause some rather unusual side effects. For those experiencing similar color saturation symptoms, you may be interested to know that I take two kinds of BP medications: Metoprolol and Ramipril.

Old 06-26-2015, 11:06 PM

1,950 posts, read 3,526,857 times
Art, Vision, & the Disordered Eye - Xanthopsia

Old 06-26-2015, 11:15 PM

1,950 posts, read 3,526,857 times
Hydrochlorothiazide can cause xanthopsia, along with many other drugs. Double check the ramipril and see if it has a HCTZ component (ie. Is it a combo drug?). Regardless, xanthopsia causes greenish and/or yellowish discoloration and can indicate drug toxicity. You should mention it to your doc!

Old 08-04-2015, 05:51 PM

1 posts, read 6,864 times
Default Seeing yellow?

I have been having this same issue for the last few days. It began out of the blue (no pun intended). I just wake in the am, or after a nap, and for 30 seconds to a minute everything is yellow, as though I were looking through transparent yellow glass. I'm on the search for answers and have a biannual optical visit in 2 weeks. I also have mild glaucoma and I'm diabetic. If I get any answers, I will post.
I just saw the age of the original post, oops. Interested in the post about Metoprolol, I take it.
(Oh and I remember once as a teenager, I got so angry I LITERALLY saw red; like through a red lens.)

Last edited by Rondagc; 08-04-2015 at 06:01 PM.. Reason: saw age of original post after the fact. Saw more posts.

Old 03-17-2016, 09:16 PM

2 posts, read 13,233 times
I sometimes see a yellow aura on faces on TV after I doze for several minutes and wake up. I spend a lot of time on the desktop iMAC and the yellow often happens when I watch, say FOX, around 7 pm and end up dozing. A few days ago the yellow was very intense (not as yellow as the orange/yellow box above but more yellow and clear). Asked my opthamologist about 18 months ago and he had never heard of it. My eye check was fine, but I am red/green (Deuteranomaly?) but the yellow aura only started past 3 years or so. But color blind forever. I also have controlled high blood pressure and some have suggested that is the cause. I don't think so. I suspect it from staring at the PC so long and my eyes begin to readjust when I close my eyes and sleep. I have search several times for an answer and so far nothing of substance.

Old 03-17-2016, 09:25 PM

2 posts, read 13,233 times
converstion 360. one responder mention taking two kinds of BP medicine. We both take Metroprolol. This could mean something. I also take Lyrica that is suspect to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness