Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 08:59 PM

1 posts, read 36,243 times

Advertisements

I too have a high white count, 13 is the number, my dr sent me to a hemotologist who had already diagnosed me as CLL. Should I go to another doctor. I feel fine. I did have a bladder infection for about a month. Could that be the cause?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 11:16 AM

2,222 posts, read 10,646,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimmerb View Post
I too have a high white count, 13 is the number, my dr sent me to a hemotologist who had already diagnosed me as CLL. Should I go to another doctor. I feel fine. I did have a bladder infection for about a month. Could that be the cause?
Bladder infections do not cause leukemia. Did your doctor request a bone marrow biopsy?

Old 01-13-2014, 01:05 PM

4 posts, read 272,146 times
Grimmerb, Beth is certainly correct.....but i don't understand your "13" number. Did you mean 13,000? Normal is between about 5000 and 10,000 (depending on the lab), so 13,000 is not extremely high, but though infections can cause this number to rise, only your Doc can say whether is is too high for that to be the cause. I'm interested in how the CLL diagnosis was made without a bone biopsy though. You will feel fine until the white count gets very high (mine was 73,000 and except for shortness of breath at times, I felt fine too). So don't rely on how you feel....get the tests done. There are some great treatments now for Leukemia.

Old 04-17-2014, 05:33 PM

1 posts, read 35,750 times
Default I am also looking for some info!

I am currently 27 yrs old and yes i am a smoker and i do like anyone have a lot of stress but over the past 7 years i have had 13 cdc done and every time my wbc has gone up atleast 1000. As of last year it was over 19,000 and im waiting right now for the dr to call me back and give me todays wbc and he was brushing me off saying its just from smoking and stress. BUt to me for it to have kept going up every time and and me always being sooo tired, my hair falling out, headaches, muscles aches, severe back pain, constant swelling in my hands and feet, and blurry vision from time to time. I just dont understand how this is nothing!

Old 04-17-2014, 06:07 PM

37,106 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davismommy86 View Post
I am currently 27 yrs old and yes i am a smoker and i do like anyone have a lot of stress but over the past 7 years i have had 13 cdc done and every time my wbc has gone up atleast 1000. As of last year it was over 19,000 and im waiting right now for the dr to call me back and give me todays wbc and he was brushing me off saying its just from smoking and stress. BUt to me for it to have kept going up every time and and me always being sooo tired, my hair falling out, headaches, muscles aches, severe back pain, constant swelling in my hands and feet, and blurry vision from time to time. I just dont understand how this is nothing!
Are you being seen by a hematologist? If not, do so.

Old 04-18-2014, 10:51 AM

2,222 posts, read 10,646,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Are you being seen by a hematologist? If not, do so.
I totally agree with suzy q ---

There are many reasons your wbc can go up. But at 19,000, I would want answers. If your current doctor is unwilling to refer you to a hematologist, I would get copies of my medical tests/file and find another doctor.

Old 11-02-2014, 12:35 PM

2 posts, read 38,365 times
I just got bloodwork done and have a wbc count of 18000, I am really worried. What could that number mean? I just when to a bloodwork center for further testing. But anyone have a similar case? I'm 19 btw. I also have experience extreme weight loss, back pain. Bad vision occasionally, and maybe it's just me but I feel my hair comes out more than it should when brushed. Thanks everyone.

Last edited by Monkeyman14; 11-02-2014 at 12:39 PM.. Reason: Update

Old 03-20-2015, 07:37 AM

1 posts, read 33,878 times
I went to dr four weeks ago .. Wbc 11 thousand.. Then I went a week ago it's 15 thousand. They want me too see hematologist.. Worried not the word. Scared to death.. I'm driving myself crazy.. What could it be? What am I going to be tested for?

Old 06-08-2017, 04:36 AM

1 posts, read 20,384 times
I'm going today for the same rigamarole. High wbc and a referral to hematology/oncology. Regardless of what kind of tumor or cancer or bone marrow myeloproliferation I will not be submitting to medical treatment. I know this could hasten my death but i refuse to spend the rest of my years suffering side effects from chemo. I'd rather die.

Old 06-08-2017, 09:30 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim123456789 View Post
I'm going today for the same rigamarole. High wbc and a referral to hematology/oncology. Regardless of what kind of tumor or cancer or bone marrow myeloproliferation I will not be submitting to medical treatment. I know this could hasten my death but i refuse to spend the rest of my years suffering side effects from chemo. I'd rather die.
I just went thru a knee infection that wasn't found for over 2.5 months and my wbc was elevated. Two months abx drugs and I'm improving but still have knee issue. Dreading knee replacement.

Hope you are going to be OK, I feel the same about the drugs. Let us know how things are OK. J
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness