Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 02:55 AM

5,906 posts, read 5,736,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by subject2change View Post
What would give me pause is, as far as I know, they're all made in China. So I wouldn't trust that there aren't harmful chemicals.
Actually, that depends.

Atomizers and cartomizers (what heats the liquid) are, as far as I know, still made overseas. I am hoping this changes, but I don't know what kinds of copyright issues are at stake.

Depending on the battery (part of a kit vs. a battery 'mod'), that is not exclusively foreign-made.

Juice vendors are extremely well-represented here in the States, with some companies going so far as to make their own nicotine bases themselves. Nicotine-free liquids are available for people who prefer them.

As far as safety is concerned, I can only speak from my own experience. I've now been vaping for a little over 18 mos and have suffered NO side effects...unless you consider vastly improved lung function, the end of annual bronchitis, and better circulation a bad thing.

I've also noticed that I don't vape quite as much as I was 6 mos ago. Your mileage may vary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2012, 10:03 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Default Electric cigarettes

Just wondering how many vapers there are here.

Old 03-23-2012, 10:13 AM

6,896 posts, read 22,524,243 times

Old 03-23-2012, 11:15 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Just one?
At least we can count as 2 now.

Old 03-23-2012, 06:06 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,992,840 times
My nephew...so 3~

Old 03-23-2012, 08:47 PM

There are others that have been involved in other threads; whether they still vape or not, I don't know.

I've been doing this since Sept 2010. Do you need help? Try this link

E-Cigarette Forum

Old 03-23-2012, 11:03 PM

3,320 posts, read 4,129,104 times
I switched over to E-cig after I went in to see the doctor last summer. I had high blood pressure in the 140s over 90s, He put me on a low dose of blood pressure medicine, and I completely quit smoking last October. I have been a heavy user of the E-cig since then, using high strength nicotine juice and use of two E-cig devices at the same time when inhaling the vapor. I'm not saving much money doing that instead of smoking real cigarettes, but I did it for my health.

And the proof is in the pudding. Last week I went on a 28 mile bicycle ride for my first ride of the season, I was very tired and dizzy twards the end of my ride. I got home and felt light headed for a few hours, then thought to check my blood pressure. It was 105 over 64. I quit taking the medicine and have been checking my blood pressure closely. It checks in the normal range of 120s to 130s over 70s to 80s most of the time. I have done little with my diet, other than cut back on fast food, such as hamburgers and pizza.

I honesty believe that switching over to the E-cig is responsible for getting my blood pressure under control. I realize that nicotine does have a slight effect on blood pressure, and I still drink 2 or 3 cans of diet soda every day with caffiene, and that does not help, but I'm not real old so I think I can still have these pleasures in my life. I hope the FDA does not take that away from me in the form of high taxes on my nicotine juice, making the product unaffordable for me.

Old 03-24-2012, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofford View Post
I switched over to E-cig after I went in to see the doctor last summer. I had high blood pressure in the 140s over 90s, He put me on a low dose of blood pressure medicine, and I completely quit smoking last October. I have been a heavy user of the E-cig since then, using high strength nicotine juice and use of two E-cig devices at the same time when inhaling the vapor. I'm not saving much money doing that instead of smoking real cigarettes, but I did it for my health.

And the proof is in the pudding. Last week I went on a 28 mile bicycle ride for my first ride of the season, I was very tired and dizzy twards the end of my ride. I got home and felt light headed for a few hours, then thought to check my blood pressure. It was 105 over 64. I quit taking the medicine and have been checking my blood pressure closely. It checks in the normal range of 120s to 130s over 70s to 80s most of the time. I have done little with my diet, other than cut back on fast food, such as hamburgers and pizza.

I honesty believe that switching over to the E-cig is responsible for getting my blood pressure under control. I realize that nicotine does have a slight effect on blood pressure, and I still drink 2 or 3 cans of diet soda every day with caffiene, and that does not help, but I'm not real old so I think I can still have these pleasures in my life. I hope the FDA does not take that away from me in the form of high taxes on my nicotine juice, making the product unaffordable for me.
Savings depends a lot on what cigs you smoked and the tax rates where you live, and where you buy your juice. If you are paying over $10 for a 30/ml bottle I've got a surprise for you...USA Made Vapor Renu : Electronic Cigarettes Refill Cartridges : Candy Flavorings : E Cig Liquid Nicotine : Cartomizer Refills : Menthol E-Liquid : Flavoring Oils : E Cigarette Refills. Some don't like their juice and others love it. I don't much care about anything besides price and I stick to one flavor; after all the Marlboro's I smoked for 30+ years were one flavor!

Old 03-25-2012, 05:09 PM

3,320 posts, read 4,129,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
Savings depends a lot on what cigs you smoked and the tax rates where you live, and where you buy your juice. If you are paying over $10 for a 30/ml bottle I've got a surprise for you...USA Made Vapor Renu : Electronic Cigarettes Refill Cartridges : Candy Flavorings : E Cig Liquid Nicotine : Cartomizer Refills : Menthol E-Liquid : Flavoring Oils : E Cigarette Refills. Some don't like their juice and others love it. I don't much care about anything besides price and I stick to one flavor; after all the Marlboro's I smoked for 30+ years were one flavor!

Yes, I was buying my cigarettes from Missouri for about 33 bucks a carton for the Marlboro Special Blends, and was smoking 12 to 15 a day. So I was only spending a little over 2 bucks a day on my smoking habit. I have found that the E-cig habit costs me about the same, however, the prices of the e-liquid at the link you posted, is much cheaper than what I have been paying for my E-liquid. I plan to give them a try, especially since they are an American Company. I'm very impressed that they sell 5 gallon containers of E-juice.......lol. I use about 10ml every 5 or 6 days, so if I bought 5 gallons, that would last me 26 years.

The other costs for E-cigs, are the batteries if you need to be mobile, the atomizers, and blank cartridges. Good atomizers cost around 6 bucks each and last me about 2 weeks. Half of the dead ones will come back to life if you boil them in distilled water. I use the DSE-901 and parts for that model, but I save alot by using my E-cig at home with USB powered units that have a cord. I found that after a month or so, the cord likes to break at the tip where it comes out of the device, as the cord will always develope a sharp bend at that point. To fix this problem, I wrap black electrical tape around the end of the device and onto the first few inches of cord, this prevents the cord from ever getting a sharp bend at that weak point, and the insulation will not crack and break apart anymore.

Old 03-25-2012, 05:18 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,677,986 times
As a long term pipe smoker the very concept of a "e-ciggie" is just so very wrong! (and I despise cigarettes !! )

If yer gonna use tobacco then use it as you please but don't settle for a device that mimics the real thing.

Hell, that's like drinking good Jack Daniels Premium Fine Sippin' whiskey diluted with tap water out of a leaky paper cup !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness