Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 05:14 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,157,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I started vaping about 4 or so years ago. Two years ago I had a heart attack, and while in the hospital, I vaped up a storm. Both cardiologists who saw me (it was a holiday weekend, so one was the fill-in) said vaping was OK.

Before vaping, I tried my best to suck down 3 packs a day.

I use eGo 1000 mAh batteries and regular Joye 510 atomizers. I get my juice (chocolate/coffee) from Tasty Vapor. I like what I use, equipment-wise, and see no need to experiment with big mods and goofy bongs. There's way too much stuff out there, and it makes it confusing for a newby. I can see why folks would get frustrated and not give vaping a fair try.
I agree. I've bought a Provari and actually wasn't that impressed with it. Maybe I don't get the whole variable voltage thing (and it still confuses me) plus quite frankly something the size of a flashlight or marital aid isn't that comfortable for me to use.

I've been using mostly the eGo/KGO batteries and clearomizers.

Although I recently got a box mod and love love love it because it is so comfortable to hold and use plus the battery life is incredible. Been vaping on it for two full days and it's still going. I got this one; there are cheaper options but I like this supplier:

iTaste MVP Variable Voltage / Starter kit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2013, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eras View Post
I just now stumbled onto this thread.
Hi! I am a vaper too.

Annie, when you take a puff, let some of it escape, then inhale/exhale. That might help.

I haven't read the entire thread yet, just jumped from front to back, but will go back to page 1 and read up. In the meantime, I will post this link about the Drexel published study that clearly states that ECigs are quite alright.

http://publichealth.drexel.edu/SiteD...0e603/ms08.pdf
Oh cool thank you for posting this!
A study was just published in Lancet (the UK equivalent to the AMA journal) positing that personal vaporisers/e-cigs were more effective than the patch as a quit-smoking aid.

Old 09-14-2013, 05:19 PM

102 posts, read 168,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I have a beautiful hand made electric pipe, but still love the smell of pipe tobacco.

A couple of questions for everyone here who vapes...

1) What device do you use most, and what devices do you own?

2) atomizer or carto

3) Favorite liquid.

My answers...
1) I have a GLV mini, several Ego types, a fist pack, a pipe, and a Apex ultra.
2) Cartos mostly.
3)Deej stuff, Tiramisu, English toffee, and strawberry cheesecake.
1. Vision Spinner & Mini Provari both get the most use. I like the option of choosing the volt output, plus the Provari also reads the resistance of my cartons or atomizers. I can send back duds before the DOA deadline is up.
2. Kanger T2 works swell on the Spinner. The mini Provari has a Richman RBA which I like a lot.
3. DIY. I like to make my own Flavors. I do randomly try others, and like a lot of them. RY4 is a favorite from almost any vendor. If it doesn't have enough vanilla, I will add a drop of vanilla (water base flavoring a only!). Or caramel, or tobacco. Right now a popular flavor at a vendors is Unicorn Blood at FuzionVapes.
3b. I started at 24mg nicotine strength and am now down to an avg of 6mg strength. My goal is to become totally nicotine free, comfortably, and then start working on hand to mouth habit, until I can become just a Social Vaper.

I have smoked my entire life, nothing helped ease the craze of needing a cigarette, until the eCig came along. It's amazing, it really is.

Old 09-14-2013, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
Oh cool thank you for posting this!
A study was just published in Lancet (the UK equivalent to the AMA journal) positing that personal vaporisers/e-cigs were more effective than the patch as a quit-smoking aid.
You're welcome!
Thanks, to you as well, I'll google the Lancet.

Last edited by Eras; 09-14-2013 at 05:38 PM..

Old 09-14-2013, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronenborg View Post
...and, just in case anyone had any misconceptions about e-cigarettes, in the US they are regulated in the same way as tobacco (as opposed to medicines) - in other words there is absolutely no evidence of their safety.
They are not a tobacco product and they are not a drug product. Not yet anyway.
There is proof they are not harmful. http://publichealth.drexel.edu/SiteD...0e603/ms08.pdf
It is published in the medical journals now too.
Electronic cigarettes for smoking cessation: a randomised controlled trial : The Lancet

Note that the nicotine mg level was low, or the results would have been even better, in the Lancet study.

There have been other studies too, that back these up.

Old 09-14-2013, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I have a beautiful hand made electric pipe, but still love the smell of pipe tobacco.

A couple of questions for everyone here who vapes...

1) What device do you use most, and what devices do you own?

2) atomizer or carto

3) Favorite liquid.
1: KGO/eGo 1100 mAh batteries. And recently, my new 2600 mAh box mod.

2: Cartos. I use clearomizers and tanks.

3: Many. Mostly from Backwoods Brew: Casablanca, 555 Exotic, NY Cheesecake. Also Ahlusion Vurley or Devil Dog.

Old 09-14-2013, 09:22 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,524,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I started vaping about 4 or so years ago. Two years ago I had a heart attack, and while in the hospital, I vaped up a storm. Both cardiologists who saw me (it was a holiday weekend, so one was the fill-in) said vaping was OK.

Before vaping, I tried my best to suck down 3 packs a day.

I use eGo 1000 mAh batteries and regular Joye 510 atomizers. I get my juice (chocolate/coffee) from Tasty Vapor. I like what I use, equipment-wise, and see no need to experiment with big mods and goofy bongs. There's way too much stuff out there, and it makes it confusing for a newby. I can see why folks would get frustrated and not give vaping a fair try.
I don't have a need to experiment either, but I am going to try some different flavor juices now that I'm getting into DIY after 3 years as a vaper. I couldn't afford it buying premixed juice but now I've found a huge cost difference that makes DIY a necessity. I can't afford to smoke traditional cigarettes anymore! I sure would love to get hubby to switch but he is not interested in vaping. We can't afford for him to smoke traditional cigarettes either, but he thinks its a necessity and I can't get him to see otherwise.

Old 09-15-2013, 01:55 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,562,431 times
I am so glad I am not new to this. I started vaping years ago, then put it aside and started buying cigs again. I still have my old 510's that are simple to me, compared to what's on the market today. I don't know what they are talking about with volts, ohms, atomizer resistance and don't think I need or want to know. I direct drip, that keeps it simple for me. I never found a pre-filled cartomizer that I liked. I think carto is the word, you have to learn a whole new language with this industry.

I am going to look into this man's recommendations. Now that I'm going back to the e-cigs, there is a harshness that makes me cough. So perhaps if I experiment a little bit, I can find one that's smoother.

My favorite Ecig - What I Vape Most Often - YouTube

Love Backwoods Brew coffee flavors for juice.

For those trying to figure this stuff out, DIY stands for do it yourself. Some people are making their own juices. Juice is the flavoring plus nicotine, that gives us the vapor.

Old 09-15-2013, 05:41 PM

Volts are pretty easy to understand, once you're accustomed to the term.
I use a variable volt device (battery) so that I can adjust the power. Think of Volts as power.
Some vapers need wispy amounts of vapor, like the gas stations have. Those are probably at 3.2volts to 3.5volts. This range is good when you have a cold or flu too. (Which is rare to get once you switch to vaping).
When your lungs begin healing, a nice 3.7volt - 4.2 volt is right nice. Most Flavors like this range.
When you're back to being iron man, 4.2 volt to 6.0volt will rock your world. A lot of unflavored juices like this range.

A variable Volt device, (Vv) like say the Provari, lets us dial in to all of the above, wherever we want or need to for our flavor or vapor production.
The higher the volt, the more the vapor. Tim the tool man vaper vapor, if you will, especially with the right atomizer and VG/pg mix.

I am a 4.2 volt vaper mostly.
I start every new flavor at 3.1volt, and gradually raise it up until the flavor sings for me. Some Flavors never do sing, they just die or burn, but most qflavors have their sweet spot.
I've never had to go up beyond 5.0volts yet, thank goodness, but its good to know I have the power if I need to. Like Bruce Almighty, I got the power!

The resistance is trickier, but not too hard.
Low, medium, high.
The higher the resistance, the more coils on the wrap. The more coils on the wrap, the more liquid is on the coils. The more liquid on the coils, the better the flavor.
But, a high resistance atomizer/carto, needs power to heat those extra coils. That's where 5.0volts on up to 6.0volts shines.
The lower the resistance atomizers have fewer coils, heat up faster, and are preferred by the average devices or the all mechanical devices.
Medium is middle, of course.

I'm not the person to give lessons, but that is how I understand it. It's worth researching, studying, especially when the perfect setup, with the perfect for you flavor, keeps you from lighting up.

Old 09-15-2013, 06:41 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,562,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eras View Post
Volts are pretty easy to understand, once you're accustomed to the term.
I use a variable volt device (battery) so that I can adjust the power. Think of Volts as power.
Some vapers need wispy amounts of vapor, like the gas stations have. Those are probably at 3.2volts to 3.5volts. This range is good when you have a cold or flu too. (Which is rare to get once you switch to vaping).
When your lungs begin healing, a nice 3.7volt - 4.2 volt is right nice. Most Flavors like this range.
When you're back to being iron man, 4.2 volt to 6.0volt will rock your world. A lot of unflavored juices like this range.

A variable Volt device, (Vv) like say the Provari, lets us dial in to all of the above, wherever we want or need to for our flavor or vapor production.
The higher the volt, the more the vapor. Tim the tool man vaper vapor, if you will, especially with the right atomizer and VG/pg mix.

I am a 4.2 volt vaper mostly.
I start every new flavor at 3.1volt, and gradually raise it up until the flavor sings for me. Some Flavors never do sing, they just die or burn, but most qflavors have their sweet spot.
I've never had to go up beyond 5.0volts yet, thank goodness, but its good to know I have the power if I need to. Like Bruce Almighty, I got the power!

The resistance is trickier, but not too hard.
Low, medium, high.
The higher the resistance, the more coils on the wrap. The more coils on the wrap, the more liquid is on the coils. The more liquid on the coils, the better the flavor.
But, a high resistance atomizer/carto, needs power to heat those extra coils. That's where 5.0volts on up to 6.0volts shines.
The lower the resistance atomizers have fewer coils, heat up faster, and are preferred by the average devices or the all mechanical devices.
Medium is middle, of course.

I'm not the person to give lessons, but that is how I understand it. It's worth researching, studying, especially when the perfect setup, with the perfect for you flavor, keeps you from lighting up.
You explained that very well, thank you much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness