Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 09:02 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,629,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo384 View Post
Why do you need and want it so much?
Does it matter to anyone but the person who made the statement ?

I have considered taking up E Cigs because the hand to mouth thing is apparantly a big item with me. I have an addictive personality so I would never take up cigarette smoking ever again. Been quit since 1993 and weigh about 500 lbs now....jk....but way, way too much. I substituted food for cigarettes in a stressful life. So, I am thinking I might try the ECigs to keep the food out of my mouth. But, one of my daughters had an ECig, I tried one puff and doggone near choked to death.....so, I wonder if I can keep from inhaling......

I don't know why I need cigs so badly, I don't know why I need food so badly, everything is excessive in my life but, it is me and I am now too old to try and change it. I always envied the people who did things and took life in moderation. It must have been wonderful. I am what I am and I need something to stop eating...LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 09:24 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,629,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
You are not a fanatic about your health if you smoke and are trying to rationalize about continuing to do so.

FDA Warns of Health Risks Posed by E-Cigarettes

USPharmacist.com > A Profile of Electronic Cigarettes
I can't help but think the second website is funded by big tobacco...lol. Also, remember the FDA has warned us about buying drugs from Canada and all the big chain pharmacies buy their drugs in the very same place....a market place that stock generic drugs from all over the world, whoever is cheaper at the time of sale. Thats a fact. So, I don't put much stock in the FDA.

I think people smoke for many reasons and if they find a safer alternative, thats okay. I hated the smell, the beautiful clothes I burned holes in and the stigma but, I love the nicotine and the way it made me feel, plus the hand to mouth ritual. So, this may work for me. I hope so. I have tried Yoga.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:09 PM

1,237 posts, read 1,948,765 times
I smoked for nearly 20 years. Been on E-cigs for a little over a year now. Feel better, don't cough, it's awesome. I use Tornado products (same as Vapor King). Prefer the smaller tanks and atomizers over the bigger, bulkier ones. Vape all kinds of flavors. Whatever I feel like. Blueberry, Chocolate, doesn't matter.

Old 02-28-2013, 06:34 AM

6,896 posts, read 22,524,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealtite View Post
I smoked for nearly 20 years. Been on E-cigs for a little over a year now. Feel better, don't cough, it's awesome. I use Tornado products (same as Vapor King). Prefer the smaller tanks and atomizers over the bigger, bulkier ones. Vape all kinds of flavors. Whatever I feel like. Blueberry, Chocolate, doesn't matter.
It's a great feeling being free of those nasty cigs! Congratulations!!!

Old 03-04-2013, 04:09 PM

4,713 posts, read 9,701,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Not sure what you mean here.
Ongoing use of e-cigarettes continues the nicotine addiction.

True - but nicotine is also pretty much the least harmful chemical in any cigarette - its all of the other crap in them that makes them a true health hazard. In fact, use of nicotine is about as dangerous as caffeine. Vaping nicotine alone (without all of the other toxic chemicals typically found in cigarettes) as is done with an e-cig is not really any worse for you than having a couple of cups of coffee each day.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:44 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,524,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Does it matter to anyone but the person who made the statement ?

I have considered taking up E Cigs because the hand to mouth thing is apparantly a big item with me. I have an addictive personality so I would never take up cigarette smoking ever again. Been quit since 1993 and weigh about 500 lbs now....jk....but way, way too much. I substituted food for cigarettes in a stressful life. So, I am thinking I might try the ECigs to keep the food out of my mouth. But, one of my daughters had an ECig, I tried one puff and doggone near choked to death.....so, I wonder if I can keep from inhaling......

I don't know why I need cigs so badly, I don't know why I need food so badly, everything is excessive in my life but, it is me and I am now too old to try and change it. I always envied the people who did things and took life in moderation. It must have been wonderful. I am what I am and I need something to stop eating...LOL.
You didn't "doggone near choked to death" on your first cigarette? Most do yet they keep going back to them and eventually that goes away. The same is true of e-cigs too. Taking one puff and saying this isn't for me is foolish...especially if you light a cigarette afterward! It takes times to adjust to an e-cig; please don't give up so easily!

Old 08-04-2013, 07:25 AM

1,369 posts, read 2,273,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
A couple of questions for everyone here who vapes...

1) What device do you use most, and what devices do you own?

2) atomizer or carto

3) Favorite liquid.
My main vaping setup is a Kanger Protank with a Vision 1300 MaH spinner battery. I rebuild my own coils using 3mm silica wick and 32 ga. kanthal wire getting about 1.5 - 1.8 ohms resistance on each coil.

As for the favorite liquid I don't know yet, I'm starting to mix my own. I can't tell at all from the names they give them what a commercially sold flavor is going to taste like most of the time. What on earth might Darkness or Red Dragon, or 721 or Bob's Boogie Blend taste like?

Old 08-04-2013, 07:38 AM

1,369 posts, read 2,273,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
count me as another vaper

Old 08-07-2013, 08:44 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,761,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
True - but nicotine is also pretty much the least harmful chemical in any cigarette - its all of the other crap in them that makes them a true health hazard. In fact, use of nicotine is about as dangerous as caffeine. Vaping nicotine alone (without all of the other toxic chemicals typically found in cigarettes) as is done with an e-cig is not really any worse for you than having a couple of cups of coffee each day.
I sure hope you're right on the nicotine caffeine analogy. I have been without cigarettes for a month now after a 30 year cigarette habit.

I have no intention of going back to cigs. I've been journaling on here about the journey. It isn't easy. I'm using Green Smoke. I haven't tried the flavors yet, just tobacco.

Good luck to all that try this method!

Old 08-08-2013, 10:38 AM

4,713 posts, read 9,701,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amylewis View Post
My main vaping setup is a Kanger Protank with a Vision 1300 MaH spinner battery. I rebuild my own coils using 3mm silica wick and 32 ga. kanthal wire getting about 1.5 - 1.8 ohms resistance on each coil.

As for the favorite liquid I don't know yet, I'm starting to mix my own. I can't tell at all from the names they give them what a commercially sold flavor is going to taste like most of the time. What on earth might Darkness or Red Dragon, or 721 or Bob's Boogie Blend taste like?
I keep it simple. I have no desire to rebuild coils and make my own wicks. I have two setups: One is an eGo battery with a tank atomizer and a 3 mil tank, which I generally use at home. My other is an eRoll, which is what I use when I'm out and about, mainly because I prefer something that is a lot more like an analog in size and shape at those times.

My main vape is Halo menthol ice, occasional switching to cola or cherry flavors from Velvet Vapors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness