Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 08:54 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,213,639 times

Advertisements

Has anyone ever tried these? Apparently they contain no tobacco or nicotine, but do unfortunately contain the same tar and carbon monoxide as regular cigarettes.

I am a smoker trying to cut down as a start, and I was thinking about giving these a try.

Please spare me the “do you know how bad smoking is for you??!!!?!?!?!?!?!” replies.

Thanks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2010, 09:13 PM

23,223 posts, read 29,056,523 times
I'm a smoker and have never tried these, I'm concluding, even before I try one, it's not going to work.

Just don't turn to rolling your own with natural, chemical free tobacco. I started that 8 years ago, and I'm more hooked than ever. The taste is superior to name-brand cig's, that's what'll get ya!

No, I don't cough or hack anymore, but I'm doubtful if I'll ever give them up now.

Old 10-12-2010, 11:39 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,213,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I'm a smoker and have never tried these, I'm concluding, even before I try one, it's not going to work.

Just don't turn to rolling your own with natural, chemical free tobacco. I started that 8 years ago, and I'm more hooked than ever. The taste is superior to name-brand cig's, that's what'll get ya!

No, I don't cough or hack anymore, but I'm doubtful if I'll ever give them up now.
What are the big differences? Do they not contain things that filtered cigarettes do?

Old 10-13-2010, 03:47 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,056,523 times
I smoke filtered cigarettes, using natural tobacco. You can buy a box of empty filtered cigarettes. I don't think I could smoke them unfiltered.

Old 10-14-2010, 11:11 AM

8,954 posts, read 20,685,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
Has anyone ever tried these? Apparently they contain no tobacco or nicotine, but do unfortunately contain the same tar and carbon monoxide as regular cigarettes.

I am a smoker trying to cut down as a start, and I was thinking about giving these a try.

Please spare me the “do you know how bad smoking is for you??!!!?!?!?!?!?!” replies.

Thanks.
Sorry, but smoke in the human lungs of any kind is bad for the body.

If you really want to cut down or , in time quit, then consider switching to the pipe. The damage is much less with all , or more, of the satisfaction of a good smoke.

However, pipe tobacco is much stronger 'cause it's REAL tobacco not that crap in cigarettes so don't even think of inhaling unless you have the lungs of Superman !!

Old 10-14-2010, 02:21 PM

610 posts, read 1,295,974 times
isnt' tobacco aswell as weed, herion etc herbs to begin with? they're plants anyway...

Old 10-14-2010, 02:27 PM

1,236 posts, read 3,918,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgeek20 View Post
isnt' tobacco aswell as weed, herion etc herbs to begin with? they're plants anyway...

What?

Old 10-15-2010, 12:12 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,816,709 times
I quit smoking (3 weeks so far!) using an e-cig. I have half a carton in my glovebox and haven't even been tempted to smoke a real cigarette since getting this thing. I was skeptical about it for the longest time, but figured why not give it a shot. I'd tried cold turkey and the pill and gum and nothing worked.

But now I can't put my e-cig down, and I have to keep ordering more atomizer cartridges because I'm going through them like crazy!

Old 10-15-2010, 06:35 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,287,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy View Post
I quit smoking (3 weeks so far!) using an e-cig. I have half a carton in my glovebox and haven't even been tempted to smoke a real cigarette since getting this thing. I was skeptical about it for the longest time, but figured why not give it a shot. I'd tried cold turkey and the pill and gum and nothing worked.

But now I can't put my e-cig down, and I have to keep ordering more atomizer cartridges because I'm going through them like crazy!
My sister used those, as well. She started with the same level of nicotine that her regular brand had, and went down from there until she was only using the e-cig for the oral fix. Now she only uses them when she's stressed; times when she'd be likely to relapse into old habits.

Old 10-15-2010, 11:05 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,816,709 times
I have some 0 nicotine atomizers, as well as low (11 mg - same as in a "light" cig). The menthol tastes really good. I never smoked menthols (unless it was the only thing around, and I had to bum a smoke off someone), but the 0 mg menthol safe cig tastes... refreshing! No tobacco or tar, just mint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness