Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2018, 09:42 AM

853 posts, read 648,144 times

Advertisements

Hi,

The story started on the last weekend. I felt a throat ache and feeling bad sleeping more hours than usual even sleeping in afternoon. I went to work on monday but yesterday thursday I was heavily congested at work but did my schedule. At night, I was ready to go bed while suddenly I felt really cold, I was shivering and couldnt move at bed. I thought I was able to work and went there, I had a jacket while everybody was with short t-shirts. My superior told me please to leave, I left at 12.30 in the morning, took a taxi to go home and since then I am at bed, It seems that I had been sleeping. I am now writing from my bed. Now is weekend. How can I cure this?

Thank you in advance, I feel embarrasing to not going work, I want to go there on monday, because I was hired a month ago.

Old 09-07-2018, 09:54 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,080,364 times
You know there is something to be said for hot tea , lemon , whiskey and honey and drink it while it is hot and drink all of it and then wrap yourself up in a quilt and you will sweat and then when you wake up you might just feel better . My grandmother used this to cure all us kids when we were little and caught either the flu or one heck of a head cold . Good luck and God bless and hope you get well soon .

Old 09-07-2018, 09:55 AM

14,303 posts, read 11,692,440 times
Oh, please don't go to work while you are ill. You need rest in order to heal, and it is not nice to expose your coworkers to flu germs.

If you have a virus, you can't cure it with medicine. Treat the symptoms--if you have fever, take Tylenol or ibuprofen; if you are congested, take a decongestant before you sleep; if you have a cough, try a spoonful of honey. Eat light but nourishing food (chicken soup really is the best). Rest and sleep as much as you can. Your body will heal itself, if you give it a chance. And your employer will understand that everyone gets sick sometimes.

If your symptoms get worse--for example, if you develop a high fever or severe headache that isn't reduced by medicine, or signs of a bacterial infection (sinus or chest pain with lots of thick mucus), go to a doctor.

Old 09-07-2018, 10:19 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,852,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Oh, please don't go to work while you are ill. You need rest in order to heal, and it is not nice to expose your coworkers to flu germs.

If you have a virus, you can't cure it with medicine. Treat the symptoms--if you have fever, take Tylenol or ibuprofen; if you are congested, take a decongestant before you sleep; if you have a cough, try a spoonful of honey. Eat light but nourishing food (chicken soup really is the best). Rest and sleep as much as you can. Your body will heal itself, if you give it a chance. And your employer will understand that everyone gets sick sometimes.

If your symptoms get worse--for example, if you develop a high fever or severe headache that isn't reduced by medicine, or signs of a bacterial infection (sinus or chest pain with lots of thick mucus), go to a doctor.

Great post.

They don't want you at work when you are sick....

Old 09-07-2018, 11:41 AM

5,404 posts, read 15,992,840 times
Influenza will run it's course. Tamiflu may help, if you started taking it right away...might be too late, now. Figure about 10 days till the worst is over. The "flu" sucks....and can be dangerous. Don't try to rush your recovery.

Old 09-07-2018, 11:43 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,080,364 times
Quote:

ty saibot I did not even think of the last paragraph he could have pneumonia it is more prevalent now than it used to be yep pneumonia is making a comeback according to my dr . but you are right . He has no business going to work being as sick as he is .

Old 09-07-2018, 12:55 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
It look as if it might me an early flu season: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/06/pass...e-the-flu.html. There have been two flights that had passengers quarantined for 'flu like' symptoms.

Old 09-07-2018, 05:40 PM

17,569 posts, read 13,344,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge ChemE View Post
Hi,

Thank you in advance, I feel embarrasing to not going work, I want to go there on monday, because I was hired a month ago.
As a boss, I would rather you stay home than come to work making more people sick

Old 09-07-2018, 09:46 PM

6,148 posts, read 4,511,316 times
Drink a lot of fluid and sleep all your body wants. Soup is good because salt will help you retain liquid. Eat what you can, light like someone above told you.

Call your work on Monday and tell your boss how you feel (related to flu) and that you'd like to come in because you've only been there a few weeks and then do whatever he tells you.

Old 09-07-2018, 09:53 PM

1,892 posts, read 2,532,419 times
Quote:

Totally agree. I used to get terrible bouts with the flu, much worse than what the OP has described. The best course of action is to rest as much as you can, even if you sleep all day and night. Treating symptoms so you can sleep is the best advice.

During my 20s I had about a 5 year period where I just got awful, repeated bouts of the flu. I'm talking 105 degree temperature at night, burning up so bad I had to take cold showers, having a hard time even getting out of bed to get a cup of water, sleeping literally 16 hours a day and still feeling exhausted, feeling so sick I thought I may not wake up the next morning, missing up to 2 weeks of work at a time, and having 3 or 4 cases within a couple months due to stress. I have no idea why I had such terrible flu cases. Much less in my 20s when you're supposed to be at your strongest. I rarely get the flu now, and when I do it's not nearly as bad as when I was younger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness