Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2021, 11:55 AM

12,120 posts, read 17,903,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Monkey View Post
I suspect we are likely at around 60% now. I believe the CDC indicates around 59% of the eligible population has initially been vaccinated. There seems to be a discrepancy between CDC and state numbers. 52% might mean fully vaccinated, and the difference of 7% are people waiting for a second injection. It is not entirely
clear. A bit like mud.
Ige’s 70% “goal” isn’t eligible population. It’s total population which is why we may not ever get there. If it was 70% of eligible population we are close.

Hardly anyone is getting vaccine nowadays in Hawaii. Hawaii no longer orders it’s eligible allotment of vaccine and outer islands haven’t ordered the Pfizer vaccine for at least 2 weeks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2021, 12:55 PM

959 posts, read 1,215,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Hardly anyone is getting vaccine nowadays in Hawaii. Hawaii no longer orders it’s eligible allotment of vaccine and outer islands haven’t ordered the Pfizer vaccine for at least 2 weeks
Yeah, but now you’ve got free Zippy’s as an incentive !! Lol

Old 06-06-2021, 02:28 PM

451 posts, read 411,845 times
Quote:
Ige’s 70% “goal” isn’t eligible population. It’s total population which is why we may not ever get there. If it was 70% of eligible population we are close.

Total population. I stand corrected.

But with 59% percent of the population with at least one jab, we are reasonably close. That pesky waiting period between Pfizer and Moderna dosing slows the uptick in the total vaccination percentage rate. We are not that far off 70%. My WAG is we eventually open near 70% with at least one jab being the criteria. We'll see.

Old 06-06-2021, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaikikiBoy View Post
Yeah, but now you’ve got free Zippy’s as an incentive !! Lol
You can enter as long as your vaccinated. One million travel miles on Hawaiian...that ought to get
the long suffering Mrs. Rain Monkey to the mainland and back.. at least once. Dinner for six at
Merriman's? We'll use the travel miles to fly the ohana to the BI for dinner in Waimea.

Old 06-06-2021, 02:53 PM

Quote:

But with 59% percent of the population with at least one jab, we are reasonably close. That pesky waiting period between Pfizer and Moderna dosing slows the uptick in the total vaccination percentage rate. We are not that far off 70%.
It is farther that a lot of people think - we essentially need all the people with 1 jab to get the second (about 78,000 people to get to 59%) and we know not everyone gets the second shot AND get another 140,000 people to get in line and start getting a shot.

Old 06-06-2021, 03:20 PM

Quote:
It is farther that a lot of people think - we essentially need all the people with 1 jab to get the second (about 78,000 people to get to 59%) and we know not everyone gets the second shot AND get another 140,000 people to get in line and start getting a shot.
What is the percentage of those opting out of the second injection? Can you cite the Hawai'i data? I haven't found it. 140K is around 10% of the population. Really, not many. Should be doable.

Old 06-06-2021, 04:22 PM

344 posts, read 250,658 times
Quote:
What is the percentage of those opting out of the second injection? Can you cite the Hawai'i data? I haven't found it. 140K is around 10% of the population. Really, not many. Should be doable.

I think the next 10% will be difficult to get. Anyone who wants the vaccine has mostly taken it already. There is probably something like 20-30% that will simply refuse to take it at all. So, perhaps there is something like 10-20% of persuadable people that might be convinced to take it eventually. It is not clear what will really persuade them. It is going to take some effort, and time to get the next 10%, I think...

Old 06-06-2021, 04:31 PM

344 posts, read 250,658 times
Quote:
It is somewhat dated information, but the link below show state-by-state breakdown of missed second doses as of mid-February. Hawaii was somewhere between 4.3 (missed) - 6.8% (not taken yet, but still in window). Nationwide it was between 3.4-8.6% by the same measure.

I would think the early takers were more motivated to get vaccinated, so the missed rate now is probably higher than it was back then.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/...e2.htm#F1_down (scroll down to Table 2)

Last edited by KohalaTransplant; 06-06-2021 at 04:39 PM..

Old 06-06-2021, 05:01 PM

Quote:
140K is around 10% of the population. Really, not many. Should be doable.
Nearly 20% of the population isn't eligible based on age.

You haven't needed an appointment in Hawaii for a vaccine shot in nearly 6 weeks.

Parents of kids under 18 who aren't getting a vaccine are unlikely to get the kids vaccinated.

140,000 people who by now could've gotten the shot if they wanted is likely tough.

Ige does have an out - he did say if the infection rate is low, he may abandon the 70% threshold.

My next prediction everything dropped after the 4th of July holiday regardless of vaccination rate.

Old 06-06-2021, 05:59 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,827,955 times
Quote:
You can enter as long as your vaccinated. One million travel miles on Hawaiian...that ought to get
the long suffering Mrs. Rain Monkey to the mainland and back.. at least once. Dinner for six at
Merriman's? We'll use the travel miles to fly the ohana to the BI for dinner in Waimea.
I believe the one million miles represents 10 prizes at 100k each.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii