Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2022, 06:50 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times

Advertisements

I love my silver hair. I sometimes color it, in a color that washes out in about six shampoos. I often put pink or blue streaks in it. During the winter, when I am not in the sun, I usually get it highlighted a platinum blonde aka white on top (the sides and back are nearly black but I'm whiter on the top naturally). I have a lot of fun with it.

I also got permanent makeup because I don't like messing with my eyebrows or with eyeliner. I didn't do my lips though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2022, 08:31 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
I am also loving my silver hair. I posted pics here almost two years ago when I got the old color lifted, leaving me with a whitish blonde. Now the real grey has grown out, and it's a darker grey, and I really like it. I just got the last of the bleached-out stuff cut off. I do have thick wavy hair, and I'm really enjoying the texture of non-dyed hair for the first time since I was a young adult.

Old 04-23-2022, 12:10 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times
Some people look better than others depending on WHERE their hair grays. For ex, some may think if it grays all throughout the the hair, that it looks nicer than like a line all around the front hairline. I'm not personally saying what looks good, better, or bad, etc., I'm just using an example.

I personally hate how my hair grays. It's like a solid line all the way around the hairline, right up front, so I dye it. My hair is the length down to my butt & the brest of it stays quite dark so I don't need to dye it. I keep dye spray on hand at all times in case I cann't dye ot often enough. A few sprays & I'm looking better in seconds!

Old 10-30-2023, 11:14 AM

19,603 posts, read 12,206,783 times
I'm gonna do it. The more white comes in, the better it looks. When it was some streaks here and there mixed it looked worse and my dark blonde color turned duller at the same time. I've been blending it with demi permanent color, but that turns the non-white parts too dark and makes it hard to keep up with roots. I was busy and didn't keep up with it and noticed the color coming in didn't look bad at all compared to how I expected it to look. My mother had the same platinum white color. I'm excited about not worrying about stupid roots showing and constant color maintenance. Will have to put in highlights to make the transition.

Old 10-30-2023, 11:22 AM

21,880 posts, read 12,936,608 times
I've gotten several compliments on my silver-streaked formerly dark hair recently, and it's always nice to hear those! Who knows? Maybe it's becoming more "acceptable" with inflation.

Old 10-30-2023, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
I've gotten several compliments on my silver-streaked formerly dark hair recently, and it's always nice to hear those! Who knows? Maybe it's becoming more "acceptable" with inflation.
There will always be people who hate it, and tell others they should color it. Even tell you that you look old and could look Years Younger if you color it. blah blah blah. I like when people get complements on it, but most of my fifty+ women friends and family do still color and it is kind of expected. It will be interesting to see if anyone says anything negative or positive when I transition to my natural color.

Old 10-30-2023, 02:00 PM

5,653 posts, read 3,139,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
There will always be people who hate it, and tell others they should color it. Even tell you that you look old and could look Years Younger if you color it. blah blah blah. I like when people get complements on it, but most of my fifty+ women friends and family do still color and it is kind of expected. It will be interesting to see if anyone says anything negative or positive when I transition to my natural color.
As long as YOU love it, that's all that matters. :-)

Old 10-30-2023, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
As long as YOU love it, that's all that matters. :-)
I hope so, I would love to not worry about constant touch ups and how if you can't keep up with it for some reason then you look like a skunk. Want to be free of that and embrace silver crone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care