Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2023, 07:55 PM

10,981 posts, read 6,852,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post
Thank you for the details.

Don’t let a quarrel with your wife right before her death haunt you. I understand, but you need to find a way to settle this with her.

Could you visit her grave, bring her favorite flowers or sweets and tell her that you sorry about a quarrel and that you wish you could take it back; tell her you love her.

After that wait for signs: her favorite song is playing or you see a woman on the street wearing a something very similar to your wife’s favorite piece of clothing or in her favorite color - something like that…

She knew/knows that she was the only woman in your life and that you love her.

. . .

Deal with your trauma but concentrate on the well being of your daughters - they are at a difficult age in strange times.

Hopefully their aunts are there for them. Visit them often if you can.

Someday you may meet a kindred spirit woman to become your partner. Your wife would not want you to go through your life alone, you would get her blessing to have a second chance at another loving relationship
Good advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2023, 09:25 PM

22,141 posts, read 19,198,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
If you saw this guy in person would you say it to his face? It is easy to "tut-tut" someone from the safety of anonymity.
it's not "tut tutting" and it has nothing to do with "safety of anonymity." He posted on a public forum specific details and that is inviting comment, discussion, feedback and input. The thread is titled his "journey through life, loss, and fatherhood" and it includes also his journey through infidelity. Readers have generously shared their own views, and their own personal experiences which are related to the topic. Since this is a public forum, the benefits of the discussion are not just for or about the one person who posted his story, but for all the thousands of readers and many thousands of times the post is read. i still get comments and direct messages from posts i made years and years ago on CD. people reading also reflect on their own situations when reading these posts, so many lives are touched and many people are influenced. For the most part people are being sincere and thoughtful in their posts and responses, including pointing out what may be uncomfortable aspects to hear. But they are still sincere and heartfelt.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 07-19-2023 at 09:36 PM..

Old 07-21-2023, 05:45 PM

7,061 posts, read 4,510,340 times
My oldest son was adopted by my second husband when he was 4. This was in 1977 and back then they did alter his birth certificate. It didn’t matter because I didn’t want him to forget that he was adopted and then it would be a shock later.

When he turned 18 I gave him all the information he needed to find his biological dad. He never had an interest in doing that but it was his decision. He considers my second husband to be his only dad and is glad to have his name even though we have been divorced since he was 24.

The danger of a parent allowing adoption is that in the event of a divorce the adoptive parent can fight for custody. I understand why the OP wasn’t willing to risk it. The downside for the adopter is that they could end up paying child support for a child that isn’t theirs.

Old 11-09-2023, 11:32 PM

1 posts, read 394 times
OP, I am so sorry for the loss of your wife and the mother of your children. You and your family are in my prayers.

Old 11-11-2023, 07:10 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
My oldest son was adopted by my second husband when he was 4. This was in 1977 and back then they did alter his birth certificate. It didn’t matter because I didn’t want him to forget that he was adopted and then it would be a shock later.

When he turned 18 I gave him all the information he needed to find his biological dad. He never had an interest in doing that but it was his decision. He considers my second husband to be his only dad and is glad to have his name even though we have been divorced since he was 24.

The danger of a parent allowing adoption is that in the event of a divorce the adoptive parent can fight for custody. I understand why the OP wasn’t willing to risk it. The downside for the adopter is that they could end up paying child support for a child that isn’t theirs.
Maybe it varies by state. My brother was adopted in 1969 and I don't believe his birth certificate was altered. Anyway, he was Asian and always knew he was adopted.

Anyway, I do agree with most of your post.

Old 12-10-2023, 05:37 AM

116 posts, read 34,950 times
Hi,

I know that it has been awhile since I posted on here, as I am busy focusing on my kids and job. However, I just wanted to give a quick life update.

My late first wife's married best friend (who is an important part of my kids' lives) introduced me to a divorced mother of three and we hit it off. She was a former All-American Swimmer at Clemson and is a up and coming physician.

I am hoping and keeping faith that this will go well.

Just wanted to give a quick update!

Old 12-10-2023, 04:40 PM

34,993 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WidowedBuckeyeDad90 View Post
Hi,

I know that it has been awhile since I posted on here, as I am busy focusing on my kids and job. However, I just wanted to give a quick life update.

My late first wife's married best friend (who is an important part of my kids' lives) introduced me to a divorced mother of three and we hit it off. She was a former All-American Swimmer at Clemson and is a up and coming physician.

I am hoping and keeping faith that this will go well.

Just wanted to give a quick update!
And I wish you well.

Old 12-11-2023, 01:19 PM

1,392 posts, read 1,398,417 times
good deal, it is nice to read a good outcome and promising future prospects in this thread.

as has been mentioned before, just keep swimming!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning