Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 03:16 AM

604 posts, read 583,609 times

Advertisements

We generally watch WYFF for news. While some of their on-air staff has been there for years, some just disappear. Sometimes they say where they are going, like Beth Brotherton and Jimmy Watt. Others simply aren't there anymore, no explanation.

What happened to Myra Ruiz? Ally Miles? Marc Dopher? Pamela Wright has been missing for a while now, although she is still shown on their website. I wish they would say something. Maybe they can't due to contract stipulations? After seeing them every day, they become like friends, and then- poof!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2018, 04:15 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,871,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MushCreek View Post
We generally watch WYFF for news. While some of their on-air staff has been there for years, some just disappear. Sometimes they say where they are going, like Beth Brotherton and Jimmy Watt. Others simply aren't there anymore, no explanation.

What happened to Myra Ruiz? Ally Miles? Marc Dopher? Pamela Wright has been missing for a while now, although she is still shown on their website. I wish they would say something. Maybe they can't due to contract stipulations? After seeing them every day, they become like friends, and then- poof!
Myra Ruiz | WACH

https://www.linkedin.com/in/aly-myles-655b7419

https://twitter.com/marcdopher?lang=en

Pamela Wrights facebook page indicates shes still with WYFF.

Old 05-25-2018, 04:39 AM

1,998 posts, read 4,606,962 times
I suspected as with everything these days it's all about $$$

I have to take my kids to swimming practice early AM Saturdays - always had WYFF on while getting ready/making breakfast - enjoyed Myra Ruiz/Pamela Wright - now, gone - their replacements are AWFUL - don't watch anymore

Aly Myles was great - big loss to WYFF - now with Live PD (?) - the only television program I watch live (besides sports) - IMO, the best produced television program currently

Honestly, the local new programs are getting worse - terrible quality, reporting, "stories" - I actually watched a news piece this AM on WSPA re a bunch of senior citizens in a pool at Tryon Estates hitting a beach ball - couldn't believe what I was watching - basically a commercial for the senior living facility

Last edited by drfranklin; 05-25-2018 at 05:58 AM..

Old 05-25-2018, 06:23 AM

39 posts, read 73,054 times
Default WYFF Line up

Wyff

here is WYFF current lineup

Old 05-25-2018, 06:51 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,010,765 times
Many of them just transfer/move on to other jobs at other stations in larger markets since these stations are so corporate owned now they probably promote from within many times. I think some of them just get over the hours like nights and weekends and move on to other jobs.

I don't think Pam Wright is gone. She may just be on a leave of absence. She is still listed.

Old 05-25-2018, 07:00 AM

I wish WSPA would move Gordon Dill back to the 10:00 news on 62. He and Amy Wood were a good team on that news. I think they have him doing the newly expanded hour at 7:00 on Ch.7.

Old 05-25-2018, 07:03 AM

321 posts, read 406,480 times
I think all these folks are just trying to advance their career . More recently the best way to do that seems to be to job-hop rather than work your way up within your company. In my memory, it seems that quite a few have built experience here then moved back closer to home.

Try not to get too attached.

Old 05-25-2018, 07:12 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,229,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
I wish WSPA would move Gordon Dill back to the 10:00 news on 62. He and Amy Wood were a good team on that news. I think they have him doing the newly expanded hour at 7:00 on Ch.7.
I noticed this recently. Scene on 7 ceased production in April.

If speculation is realized, WSPA-TV may be airing 7 News at 4:00 PM (1600 hours to 1700 hours) and at 6:30 PM (1830 hours to 1900 hours) on WYCW-TV.

Old 05-25-2018, 07:23 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,229,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
I don't think Pam Wright is gone. She may just be on a leave of absence. She is still listed.
WYFF-TV is seeking a Meteorologist for weekend weather anchoring and an Anchor.

The Meteorologist need could support speculation Pamela Wright has departed. I initially thought the schedule could be weekday morning if Dale Gilbert is retiring.

Old 05-25-2018, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
WYFF-TV is seeking a Meteorologist for weekend weather anchoring and an Anchor.

The Meteorologist need could support speculation Pamela Wright has departed. I initially thought the schedule could be weekday morning if Dale Gilbert is retiring.
Interesting. She has been listed on the WYFF.com news team page all this time and they always keep it pretty much up-to-date. I think they have a new morning weekend anchor who started recently. Maybe it's for Weekend nights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area