Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2022, 11:45 AM

1,206 posts, read 1,055,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadfromnc_2000 View Post
Is their anymore room in downtown, near City view apt complex, or did that complex pretty much eat up the land. I feel like another apt complex like that, should be in that aera!
There is considerable room past left field at the ballpark. I wouldn't be surprised if a high-rise (or taller mid-rise) apartment with ground floor retail goes there.

Greenway is such an atrocious waste of space though and does constrict somewhat what can be done... but I do think there's just enough room for what I suggested above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2022, 06:45 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,530,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
There is considerable room past left field at the ballpark. I wouldn't be surprised if a high-rise (or taller mid-rise) apartment with ground floor retail goes there.

Greenway is such an atrocious waste of space though and does constrict somewhat what can be done... but I do think there's just enough room for what I suggested above.
Green spaces and parks for outdoor recreation and peaceful enjoyment are what help makes cities of all sizes more livable. Most people I know would never live in a concrete canyon. When I lived near Old Salem for 10 years, the Strollway and Greenway were absolutes treasures to have so close by for dog-walking and bicycling.

Old 06-30-2022, 07:16 PM

676 posts, read 494,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadpony View Post
Green spaces and parks for outdoor recreation and peaceful enjoyment are what help makes cities of all sizes more livable. Most people I know would never live in a concrete canyon. When I lived near Old Salem for 10 years, the Strollway and Greenway were absolutes treasures to have so close by for dog-walking and bicycling.

I think he meant the Greenway Apartment complex, not the Greenway itself.

Old 06-30-2022, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr BLT View Post
I think he meant the Greenway Apartment complex, not the Greenway itself.
Correct... the two Greenway apartment complexes. The greenway itself is great and needs continued improvement.

Old 06-30-2022, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
Correct... the two Greenway apartment complexes. The greenway itself is great and needs continued improvement.
LOL As a homeowner for 40+ years, I don't keep up with names of most apt complexes. Thanks for the clarification.

BTW, my husband met recently with the W-S Asst. City Manager who has parks in his portfolio so he could share his concerns about Greenway and other bikeway maintenance. They actually rode bikes together this week so the asst, city manager could see firsthand and take a lot of notes. My husband was really encouraged.

Old 06-30-2022, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadpony View Post
LOL As a homeowner for 40+ years, I don't keep up with names of most apt complexes. Thanks for the clarification.

BTW, my husband met recently with the W-S Asst. City Manager who has parks in his portfolio so he could share his concerns about Greenway and other bikeway maintenance. They actually rode bikes together this week so the asst, city manager could see firsthand and take a lot of notes. My husband was really encouraged.
So I got totally mixed up as the poster wad referring CityView which is in Greensboro on the opposite side of the ballpark. Greenway (both of them) is next to the ballpark... in Greensboro.

I'm batting .000 on this thread.

Old 07-01-2022, 06:36 PM

385 posts, read 290,474 times
Sorry. Sinus issues yesterday and wasnt focused.. i did mean city view here in greensboro.. i didnt even think about this thraed being all winston related lol.. sorry!!!

Old 07-02-2022, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadfromnc_2000 View Post
Sorry. Sinus issues yesterday and wasnt focused.. i did mean city view here in greensboro.. i didnt even think about this thraed being all winston related lol.. sorry!!!
Ummm... can you read the title of the thread?

Old 07-02-2022, 08:41 AM

385 posts, read 290,474 times
In my defense there were prior post in this thread mentioning gso, so i just followed suit without thinkijg what the title was. Im also just exicted anyway to talk about both cities and get happy when i see theres new post on this board as it seems to only be a handful of us posting, compared to other city message boards...and now i just had a thought, is nothing going on in Kvegas because i never see any threads on things m up and coming there... guess they just ride the tails of both winston and greensboro

Old 07-02-2022, 09:38 AM

4,605 posts, read 6,427,227 times
Okay, let’s move on …..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point