Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2024, 03:33 PM

1,229 posts, read 1,078,296 times

Advertisements

https://greensboro.com/news/local/bu...8ee93154a.html

So it looks like movement is starting to happen on the Samet Rd connection from Penny Rd to Wendover, which will bring the two sides of this road together.

From there, it shouldn't be long before Palladium South begins hopefully. This has been on the radar for a few years now and appears to be a similar (though smaller scale) project to Palladium which is across Wendover. They will probably build the apartments first considering there's nothing really committed to on the retail side.

On the retail side, it looks like a mix of stores, sit-down restaurants, and quick service restaurants. It looks like there will be another convenience store involved (and a gas station as well I'd assume). I do wonder though how much will be new to the area (Triad, High Point, etc). I wonder for instance if Gianno's might move from it's current location (considering the parking trouble there) and/or Chili's will leave the area by the mall. Maybe that would also bring a department store (like a Dillard's or JC Penney).

Doesn't look like anything other than the road is imminent. But it will be interesting to see how this comes together over the next few years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2024, 11:10 AM

https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/ne...n-project.html

So the road project begins for real now. Some plans have been released for what to expect. Included is a grocery store with 48,848 square feet of leasable space. That has been a magic number for Publix in the past. Considering Publix attempted to build a location a few miles down Skeet Club in an area with no retail a couple years ago, I think Publix is the safe bet here.

Otherwise, it looks like there will 12 more lots, 11 of which are also retail and then a multi-family apartment development. The apartments will have 4 4-story 60 unit buildings and two parking garages, so this appears to be something a little more than your standard suburban apartment complex. The retail will be built in two phases. The grocery anchor and five additional lots will be built first. Then the other six will be built.

The road itself will be (hopefully) completed in April 2025. We'll probably know more about incoming retail tenants before then.... even Publix is a guess but an educated one. It looks like the retail element may have been scaled back a little... but it's hard to know for sure until more details plans are public.

Old 05-24-2024, 07:15 AM

1,796 posts, read 2,393,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/ne...n-project.html

So the road project begins for real now. Some plans have been released for what to expect. Included is a grocery store with 48,848 square feet of leasable space. That has been a magic number for Publix in the past. Considering Publix attempted to build a location a few miles down Skeet Club in an area with no retail a couple years ago, I think Publix is the safe bet here.

Otherwise, it looks like there will 12 more lots, 11 of which are also retail and then a multi-family apartment development. The apartments will have 4 4-story 60 unit buildings and two parking garages, so this appears to be something a little more than your standard suburban apartment complex. The retail will be built in two phases. The grocery anchor and five additional lots will be built first. Then the other six will be built.

The road itself will be (hopefully) completed in April 2025. We'll probably know more about incoming retail tenants before then.... even Publix is a guess but an educated one. It looks like the retail element may have been scaled back a little... but it's hard to know for sure until more details plans are public.
Thanks for the update. Publix is a good guess because what else would it be with that square footage amount? There's already a Food Lion, a Harris Teeter, and a Walmart Neighborhood Market in that area--those are the major grocery stores that operate in the Triad. It can't be a Kroger because they operate under the Harris Teeter brand there.

Old 05-24-2024, 08:39 AM

9,918 posts, read 7,757,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspe4 View Post
Thanks for the update. Publix is a good guess because what else would it be with that square footage amount? There's already a Food Lion, a Harris Teeter, and a Walmart Neighborhood Market in that area--those are the major grocery stores that operate in the Triad. It can't be a Kroger because they operate under the Harris Teeter brand there.
Publix is in High Point. 6.1 miles away from the Palladium. Already have a HT, Wal-Mart Market, and Food Lion in that area.

I just hope they make it walkable. Have a fountain and a play area in the middle.

Old 05-24-2024, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Publix is in High Point. 6.1 miles away from the Palladium. Already have a HT, Wal-Mart Market, and Food Lion in that area.

I just hope they make it walkable. Have a fountain and a play area in the middle.
Publix wanted to build on the corner of Skeet Club and Johnson. This was denied a couple years ago. They're clearly interested in another HP location and this is a site already on the way. Personally, I'd rather see Lowes (grocery) enter High Point. I also wish the Skeet Club/Johnson location wasn't shut down.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with this development. I'm hoping some new to High Point establishments take some of the other spots.

Old 05-24-2024, 03:23 PM

9,918 posts, read 7,757,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
Publix wanted to build on the corner of Skeet Club and Johnson. This was denied a couple years ago. They're clearly interested in another HP location and this is a site already on the way. Personally, I'd rather see Lowes (grocery) enter High Point. I also wish the Skeet Club/Johnson location wasn't shut down.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with this development. I'm hoping some new to High Point establishments take some of the other spots.
Lowes be cool. Does anyone remember what grocery store used to by Fast Freddy's in that area?

Only grocery stores can think be a huge draw be Lidls, Lowes, Wegmans, Publix, or Kroger. I hope a Kroger that be awesome!

Old 05-25-2024, 10:43 PM

11 posts, read 8,519 times
Quote:
Lowes be cool. Does anyone remember what grocery store used to by Fast Freddy's in that area?
Earth fare.

Old Today, 10:00 AM

1,796 posts, read 2,393,493 times
Quote:

I think that area is dense enough that Publix will see no problem putting another store there. Also realize that there are at least two more Food Lion stores within 7 miles of the one at Brian Jordan Place--one is in Jamestown (3.8 miles) and another in Greensboro (6.4 miles).

Old Today, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspe4 View Post
I think that area is dense enough that Publix will see no problem putting another store there. Also realize that there are at least two more Food Lion stores within 7 miles of the one at Brian Jordan Place--one is in Jamestown (3.8 miles) and another in Greensboro (6.4 miles).
For sure, not to mention that there's considerable growth happening in that area over the next few years. There are two fairly large apartment complexes going up near Palladium. One is across from Palladium next to Andy's (currently clearing land for it now) and the other is about a mile further up 68 (planned, but no clearing yet)... and that's not to mention Palladium South's apartments which is also a pretty large development. Then further up Skeet Club, you have two different communities being built that between them will bring about 600 moderately priced townhomes and another 100 or so moderately priced single-family homes. The area is due for at least one new (nice) grocery store.

I do think the area has enough Food Lions though. There's also the one on North Main (6 miles from Brian Jordan).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point