Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2022, 08:30 PM

6,156 posts, read 7,218,316 times

Advertisements

Its official....Top Golf is coming to Greensboro at Bridford Pkwy and Guilford College Rd just off of I-40. Total average is 30 but the parcels will also include hotels and indoor entertainment venues so all together this will be more than just an isolated Top Golf.

https://myfox8.com/news/north-caroli...to-greensboro/

Last edited by gsoboi78; 07-19-2022 at 09:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2022, 09:44 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,051,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Its official....Top Golf is coming to Greensboro at Bridford Pkwy and Guilford College Rd just off of I-40. Total average is 30 but the parcels will also include hotels and indoor entertainment venues so all together this will be more than just an isolated Top Golf.

https://myfox8.com/news/north-caroli...to-greensboro/
Glad to see this become official. I wonder what other entertainment is in the works.

Old 07-19-2022, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
Glad to see this become official. I wonder what other entertainment is in the works.
Yes I'm curious as well....more than likely the Top Golf itself will probably not have 100 bays. It would probably be a 3 level Top Golf with 70 bays like in Greenville, SC which is still very large. Honestly I dont care. A difference of 30 bays doesn't make one better over the other....This is Top Golf! This is very exciting because usually Top Golfs don't include hotels and other entertainment venues. They are mostly isolated venues. It's a great area to build one. There are already other entertainment venues nearby such as Celebration Station, Spare Time Bowling Alley, Wendover Ave retail, and both PTI and the Koury Convention Center are a short drive away. I think economic news like Boom and Toyota coming to the Greensboro area helped seal the deal. Top Golf is an amenity that will in part help attract other companies. Companies look at the quality of life in cities and their amenities. When you add the Tanger Center, downtown revival, other attractions, parks, low cost of living, Greensboro is becoming an attractive city to set up shop for companies. 25 years ago Greensboro was nicknamed Greensboring. Haven't heard that in years. Greensbooming has recently become a nickname for the city. I do know the city of Greensboro has been working on luring Top Golf for three years. It was suspected early this year when a South Carolina developer who builds Top Golfs purchased 30 acres at Guilford College Rd, Bridford Pkwy and I-40. Now we finally know and Triad residents will no longer have to drive to Charlotte or Raleigh.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 07-19-2022 at 10:25 PM..

Old 07-20-2022, 08:07 AM

According to the Triad Business Journal the 8 acres of the 30 acres set aside for Top Golf would likely be on the small side so we are probably looking at a roughly 50 bay venue. The average for 70 bays is 13 acres. But then again it could still be more. Interestingly the Las Vegas Top Golf sits on 8 acres also and it has 4 levels and 100 bays. So we won't know the exact number of bays until more details are released. But like I said the size is not what matters, we are getting a Top Golf and the other acres will include what most Top Golfs don't have such as hotels and other entertainment venues on site.

Old 07-20-2022, 08:19 AM

676 posts, read 492,259 times
I'm pretty sure the hotels and other entertainment venues referred to in the WGHP article are the existing hotels and venues around the 40/wendover and 40/Guilford College interchanges. Of course I could be wrong.

Old 07-20-2022, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr BLT View Post
I'm pretty sure the hotels and other entertainment venues referred to in the WGHP article are the existing hotels and venues around the 40/wendover and 40/Guilford College interchanges. Of course I could be wrong.
They are referring to new development on the remaining 30 acres. Top Golf will be the "anchor" of the development. I think that's what makes it more exciting. It won't be a typical stand alone venue.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 07-20-2022 at 10:22 AM..

Old 07-20-2022, 10:26 AM

385 posts, read 288,510 times
Dont forget the exotic carwash near by ;p.. no round of golfs complete without a spin thru it ... lol.. anyway woulr be nice if they were walking about new hotels being built and not the ones currently in aera...

Old 07-21-2022, 07:02 AM

102 posts, read 121,658 times
I wish Winston would get a Top Golf

Old 07-21-2022, 07:51 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,051,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catamountalum2004 View Post
I wish Winston would get a Top Golf
That's why I thought this would actually go in the empty spot next to the Farmers Market since it's a bit more central to the Triad (though as I speculated in the other thread, I wonder if that would be an FAA issue with the airport nearby).

That said, Top Golf usually picks one spot per medium sized metro. Even Hampton Roads which is larger than the Triad and split into 7 cities only has one (on the Western end of VA Beach, close to the line with Norfolk).

Old 07-21-2022, 02:36 PM

511 posts, read 510,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
That's why I thought this would actually go in the empty spot next to the Farmers Market since it's a bit more central to the Triad (though as I speculated in the other thread, I wonder if that would be an FAA issue with the airport nearby).

That said, Top Golf usually picks one spot per medium sized metro. Even Hampton Roads which is larger than the Triad and split into 7 cities only has one (on the Western end of VA Beach, close to the line with Norfolk).
I thought that would have been a good, more centralized location too. But the spot they picked is still only 23 minutes from downtown Winston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point