Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2023, 11:50 AM

385 posts, read 291,470 times

Advertisements

Putt Shack sounds fun! Hate that something something better isn't going to become of the Macy's building I honestly don't see how storage units are in demand these days, when all the articles I read talk about how people (especially younger) want to live and posses less stuff ?!? .. I can picture 20 years from now alot of storage units gone out of business and turned into something else !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2023, 05:41 PM

36 posts, read 33,042 times
And now there will be another 5-story storage facility on the corner of Markland and Battleground. I really don't understand the demand, but it must be there.

Old 03-13-2023, 05:16 AM

32 posts, read 25,105 times
Those properties are meant to be land investments: extremely cheap to build, almost zero maintenance or labor cost to run, tax write-offs through depreciation that you can't take on unimproved land, and any profits are just icing on the cake. They are not demand driven.

Old 03-13-2023, 06:12 AM

385 posts, read 291,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullCitytoJeanCity View Post
Those properties are meant to be land investments: extremely cheap to build, almost zero maintenance or labor cost to run, tax write-offs through depreciation that you can't take on unimproved land, and any profits are just icing on the cake. They are not demand driven.
Ahhh.. well then I wish Greensboro would have a limit on how many of a certain type of business they will allow. I'd hate to see our city filled with useless things like this when something that actually could add value to the city be built ..

Old 03-13-2023, 08:08 AM

6,161 posts, read 7,229,334 times
I must admit. Too many of these storage facilities are popping up in high investment areas. The folks over in Winston-Salem are sick because Roy Carroll built one on prime real estate neary the ballpark. I think if developers such as Roy Carroll are going to build them at least incorporate residential or something instead of stand alone storage facilities.

Old 03-14-2023, 06:49 AM

32 posts, read 25,105 times
They are truly a scourge and yes, the city should absolutely set limits in how many permits for these types of structures they will allow. They are the type of buildings that have no business being in major commercial areas, but they constantly pop up because of the reasons I listed above and detract from all other businesses in the area.

Old 04-20-2023, 04:12 PM

https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/ne...ng-permit.html

Greensboro Top Golf contractor files for $10 million building permit. Site may include hotels and restaurants. The rendering is also showing a 3 level Top Golf.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 04-20-2023 at 04:22 PM..

Old 07-23-2023, 08:07 AM

1,206 posts, read 1,057,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yinzer1976 View Post
Building permits were filed yesterday for construction of Topgolf-Greensboro. The permit lists this Topgolf as a two story 49,676 square foot complex. Also site plans were approved in December for a Main Event Entertainment next to the Top Golf. Main Event Entertainment centers are owned by Dave and Busters. So it could be either a Dave and Busters which is geared more towards adults or a Main Event Entertainment which is more family friendly.
https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/ne...j4kJ50ODRX0Las

Occam's Razor in action?

Old 07-23-2023, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
This is likely what's going up next to TopGolf in Greensboro. Pretty cool though

In fact there are other TopGolf/Main Event complexes in other parts of the country. It would be the first such complex in North Carolina. The TopGolf site will also include a hotel and restaurants.

https://rejournals.com/entertainment...lated-for-waco

Main Events are large venues that also include bowling.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 07-23-2023 at 09:20 AM..

Old 07-23-2023, 10:20 AM

1,206 posts, read 1,057,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
This is likely what's going up next to TopGolf in Greensboro. Pretty cool though

In fact there are other TopGolf/Main Event complexes in other parts of the country. It would be the first such complex in North Carolina. The TopGolf site will also include a hotel and restaurants.

https://rejournals.com/entertainment...lated-for-waco

Main Events are large venues that also include bowling.
I wonder if this is a sign that Round 1 is either not long for the area... or if Main Event just thinks they can beat out Round One. I certainly dont think the area can sustain both.

But it just makes a lot of sense that that's what it is. It looks pretty cool. In fact, a D&B I used to go to (Columbia, MD) when I was younger has since been rebranded as a Main Event.

Just for grins, I looked at the restaurants near a similar complex in Cincinnati. PF Changs stood out as one missing in Greensboro. Also Red Robin (we have one in Greensboro but not near this area), Twin Peaks, and Smokey Bones as well as an Indian restaurant. PF Chang's looks like a very logical addition. From there, I'm hoping for something better than Red Robin but that would make some sense. A BJ's Brewhouse makes sense to me as well though I continue to hope for YardHouse to enter the Greensboro market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point