Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2023, 10:58 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,052,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadfromnc_2000 View Post
Ok, I could see where a Cinebistro would work , provided the food is good and no so so... I have never ate at one, but if I'm paying a high price tag for food I want it to be good. Or otherwise I'd go to a local restaurant to eat before the movie !Also.. is this aera using part of the old Macy's building. I can't remember what has become of that or if it's still there!
Directly across the highway from the Macy's.

Just a thought, perhaps THAT could be repurposed as a theater as well. Looking at the site plans (if someone else can view the graphic more clearly please correct me), it appears D&B is the larger site which would likely rule out Cinebistro/Paragon.

TopGolf is affiliated with Putt Shack I do believe. Those appear to be 20-25k square feet. So maybe that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2023, 11:31 AM

385 posts, read 288,852 times
Yes that Macy's building needs to be utilized as new(ish) as it is.. Poor Macy's . I went to the one at Friendly a few wknds ago and it's just not what it use to be. This new entertainment section will add lots of life to college Rd aera. And definitely will have an advantage with Guilford college students so close by! Still surprised they didn't try to put it closer to downtown thou like the Midtown aera.

Old 03-08-2023, 12:13 PM

6,156 posts, read 7,219,632 times
Quote:
Yes that Macy's building needs to be utilized as new(ish) as it is.. Poor Macy's . I went to the one at Friendly a few wknds ago and it's just not what it use to be. This new entertainment section will add lots of life to college Rd aera. And definitely will have an advantage with Guilford college students so close by! Still surprised they didn't try to put it closer to downtown thou like the Midtown aera.
I think Roy Carroll purchased the Macy's building and there are plans to convert it to a Bee Safe Storage.

Old 03-08-2023, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
I think Roy Carroll purchased the Macy's building and there are plans to convert it to a Bee Safe Storage.
Thank goodness our dearth of storage facilities is being resolved!

Old 03-08-2023, 04:27 PM

36 posts, read 32,700 times
And....a Car Cave.

Old 03-09-2023, 07:52 AM

511 posts, read 510,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
Actually, I think this is just the kind of market where a company like Cinebistro would do well. I think the days of simply going to the movies, sitting in a seat, and munching on popcorn/soda may be fading. But I think the market is migrating towards making going to the movies "an experience" (a necessary migration given the direction movie ticket prices are going). Sure, movie-goers still have the option to buy a (higher priced) ticket and munch on popcorn and soda as they did in the past. But with the more premium prices we are seeing these days just to get in the door (not that they were cheap before either), providing more premium services is a key.

With the theater recently closing down by Four Seasons, IMO it would make sense. These theaters typically provide more entertainment than simply going to the movies. They usually incorporate bowling, larger scale arcades (probably not so necessary in this case if D&B will be next door), premium food options (when I went to a Cinebistro a while back, I had Ribs with Dr. Pepper sauce), a full bar etc. The seats are typically far more comfortable than the simple padded seats (usually they're leather/pleather, recline, are larger, etc). IMO, something like this would complement D&B well.

I'm drawing a blank on other possible entertainment ideas that are as large as this appears to be. I thought about IFly, but those locations appear to be about 4-6K square feet which appears to be far smaller than what we're looking at here.
Just to clarify, it was the AMC theater on Koger Blvd that closed, not the one by Four Seasons.

Old 03-09-2023, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebermudatriad View Post
Just to clarify, it was the AMC theater on Koger Blvd that closed, not the one by Four Seasons.
Good catch. I looked up where it was when it closed and I must have just eyeballed it and assumed.

I'd go back and fix it, but alas that's not allowed.

Either way, I don't think it'll be a theater after looking further into it. I'm thinking PuttShack (affiliated with Top Golf). Maybe something else all together. Indoor rock climbing maybe? Or maybe something like a trampoline park (which is obviously less exciting).

Old 03-10-2023, 05:41 AM

385 posts, read 288,852 times
A putt putt would be fun. Definitely if it had a neat landscape to it like the ones at the beach do!! The putt putt in Winston on Stratford always has people on it when it's opened so I'm sure one could do great here in Greensboro . Which just as I was writing this I remembered Celebration Station. I think they have a putt putt or maybe once did?!? I haven't been there in a long long time so not sure about that place or how the upkeep has been. Dave and busters would be awesome there too.. the boxcar downtown is like a Chucky cheese for college crowd and doesn't fit my age range very good ...pretty sure I was the oldest there last time I went.. not a great feeling ...

Old 03-10-2023, 09:35 AM

6,156 posts, read 7,219,632 times
Quote:
A putt putt would be fun. Definitely if it had a neat landscape to it like the ones at the beach do!! The putt putt in Winston on Stratford always has people on it when it's opened so I'm sure one could do great here in Greensboro . Which just as I was writing this I remembered Celebration Station. I think they have a putt putt or maybe once did?!? I haven't been there in a long long time so not sure about that place or how the upkeep has been. Dave and busters would be awesome there too.. the boxcar downtown is like a Chucky cheese for college crowd and doesn't fit my age range very good ...pretty sure I was the oldest there last time I went.. not a great feeling ...
Years ago Greensboro had about 2 or 3 Putt Putts. One was on Battleground Ave and the other on High Point Rd (Gate City Blvd)

Old 03-10-2023, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Putt Shack is actually more like D&B meets Putt Putt (a similar chain is called Puttery which is oddly aligned with Top Golf competitior Drive Shack). Indoor mini golf, but also full bars and food options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point