Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2023, 01:56 PM

38 posts, read 48,599 times

Advertisements

The Triad was missing a meadery... but it looks we have one now! Wandering Sun Meadery opened in Madison in November 2022. My wife and I are definitely checking this place out soon.

Wandering Sun Mead
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2023, 10:07 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,068,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlynFoma View Post
The Triad was missing a meadery... but it looks we have one now! Wandering Sun Meadery opened in Madison in November 2022. My wife and I are definitely checking this place out soon.

Wandering Sun Mead
Not a meadery per se, but Nomad Wine Works out of High Point's Catalyst Social District makes not only wine but mead as well. I've been once and their mead is pretty good. They also sell some other beers and wines (some of the wine they make themselves and some is outside).

https://www.nomadwineworks.com/

That said, Wandering Sun is on my list for one of these days as well.

Old 09-03-2023, 11:17 PM

Some slightly sad news with Kernersville Brewing Company is ceasing operations by the end of the month... but as a bit of consolation, Little Brother Brewery will be opening their 2nd location in the spot.

Old 09-27-2023, 01:30 PM

Brewery news in the Triad seems to be coming in steadily over the last few weeks.

First, Natty Greene's seems to be officially looking to make its way back into serious brewing with their upcoming expansion. My understanding was that the weren't going to brew anymore but I guess they had "quietly" been brewing in-house... but now with their expansion and brewhouse space (which is basically on the current property). It actually looks like it'll be a cool outdoor space right in Downtown Greensboro.

In Winston-Salem, Joymonger's Barrel Hall is partnering with a restaurant up the street called "That Place in the West End" (or just "That Place") starting on October 1. It appears that the arrangement is that Joymongers customers will be allowed to park at That Place and in return, Joymongers will have menus for That Place available throughout their taproom and order food right from the taproom which will be delivered (walked over I guess?). I've been to That Place once and I love the variety on their menu, from poke to burgers to sandwiches.... IMO it looks like a great combination and a humongous win-win.

Old 05-09-2024, 05:10 PM

38 posts, read 48,599 times
Incendiary Brewing Company is opening a tap room at Revolution Mill later this year:

https://www.wfmynews2.com/article/fe...3-34bc3dbade4e

Old 05-10-2024, 06:49 AM

392 posts, read 298,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlynFoma View Post
Incendiary Brewing Company is opening a tap room at Revolution Mill later this year:

https://www.wfmynews2.com/article/fe...3-34bc3dbade4e
This is a nice addition to the mill, but I do hope another restaurant or ( bar that would serve food) will come along also. Kinda like a greys Taven style place! Kau is amazing, but fills up fast, especially when the nice spring/ summer evening weather comes along!

Old 05-11-2024, 05:54 PM

124 posts, read 159,640 times
Not quite brewery, but alcohol-related:
Disappointed that the Bearded Goat Revolution Mill location closed down. They were my favorite karaoke spot. Westerwood has been a great replacement, but they are MUCH more crowded and have less convenient parking. Love the vibe there, though.

Old 05-11-2024, 09:28 PM

694 posts, read 504,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KL77 View Post
Not quite brewery, but alcohol-related:
Disappointed that the Bearded Goat Revolution Mill location closed down. They were my favorite karaoke spot. Westerwood has been a great replacement, but they are MUCH more crowded and have less convenient parking. Love the vibe there, though.
how long has it been closed?

Old Yesterday, 05:20 AM

124 posts, read 159,640 times
Not sure. We just noticed a couple weeks ago, so I think it's fairly recent.

Old Yesterday, 06:15 AM

392 posts, read 298,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KL77 View Post
Not sure. We just noticed a couple weeks ago, so I think it's fairly recent.
Sad to hear. The times I was there, there was always a had full of people but not overly crowded. Id go there for drinks before or after I had dinner at Kau. If I were a resident at the mill I would of loved to have had a bar like that in walking distance from my living room. But I do see where a bar like that could struggle since they depend on high foot traffic. Most people want to bar hop which is something you could do at their downtown location. I doubt alot of non mill residents would drive to the mill just for that one bar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point