Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2020, 08:47 AM

121 posts, read 158,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post

A few months ago, it was looking like High Point was going to get yet ANOTHER brewery added to the lineup in High Pint Brewery and Taphouse. I haven't heard or seen anything on them in about 5-6 months though so I guess we'll see.

As for the newer breweries, I added Radar to my list about 2-3 months ago. Pretty cool place with some good brew options. Definitely a candidate for future stops.
I read that Austin's Steakhouse (who is taking over Liberty's old building) plans to start brewing their own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2020, 02:11 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,060,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KL77 View Post
I read that Austin's Steakhouse (who is taking over Liberty's old building) plans to start brewing their own.
I had heard they were considering it but it depended on a few things. I'd probably go if they did brew their own beer, even if their food is kind of average (like Liberty).

Old 10-20-2020, 04:32 AM

107 posts, read 112,412 times
Natty Greene’s just filed for bankruptcy. Will ceases brewing.

Old 10-20-2020, 03:20 PM

6,161 posts, read 7,236,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAdmiralHalsey View Post
Natty Greene’s just filed for bankruptcy. Will ceases brewing.
One thing to note, this does not affect Natty Greene's restaurant downtown. It just means no more of its craft beer in the restaurant. They'll likely sell a name brand beer.

Old 10-21-2020, 06:05 AM

773 posts, read 647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
One thing to note, this does not affect Natty Greene's restaurant downtown. It just means no more of its craft beer in the restaurant. They'll likely sell a name brand beer.
Nor anywhere else.

Old 10-21-2020, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Yep. Their beer brewing operations are over. After Kayne Fisher left to focus on Kau, I wonder if that was the beginning of the end.

As far as their beer goes, it was honestly fairly average/generic. Their Witflower was actually pretty decent though. I think they were a brewer that was ahead of their time initially, but over time everyone else caught up. Then their competition passed them and they never did anything to catch up.

Old 10-21-2020, 11:24 AM

185 posts, read 199,632 times
Natty Greens Along with McCouls seem like a staple of downtown Greensboro. I couldnt ever picture downtown with out either of those places. Glad it's just the brewery side of their operations ending for Natty Greens. I have enjoyed the menu at KAU and they have great price points too! Its always nice to find a restaurant that offers a great atmosphere and nice food at price points that are t high off the charts.

Old 10-21-2020, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadfromnc View Post
Natty Greens Along with McCouls seem like a staple of downtown Greensboro. I couldnt ever picture downtown with out either of those places. Glad it's just the brewery side of their operations ending for Natty Greens. I have enjoyed the menu at KAU and they have great price points too! Its always nice to find a restaurant that offers a great atmosphere and nice food at price points that are t high off the charts.
I suspect that once all the bankruptcy (and COVID) stuff blows over, the Natty Greene's restaurant may start brewing beer again. Similar to the recently closed Liberty Steakhouse. I don't think Natty Greene's is going anywhere. Their beer was mediocre, but their spot is really cool. Little Brother across the street though has a lot of really good stuff (as well as a lot of collaborations).

As for Kau, I've been once since they transitioned and really enjoyed it. I need to stop off at the butcher shop one of these days for some filet mignon or other prime steak.

Old 10-21-2020, 03:45 PM

6,161 posts, read 7,236,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
Yep. Their beer brewing operations are over. After Kayne Fisher left to focus on Kau, I wonder if that was the beginning of the end.

As far as their beer goes, it was honestly fairly average/generic. Their Witflower was actually pretty decent though. I think they were a brewer that was ahead of their time initially, but over time everyone else caught up. Then their competition passed them and they never did anything to catch up.
I actually prefer Foothills beer in Winston over Natty Greene’s. As far as the restaurant, it really depends on how long the Pandemic continues. It's not just Natty Greene’s, its restaurants and businesses all over the country. Long term the pandemic may cause serious havoc on the national economy. But a good portion of Natty Greene’s restaurant profit comes from alcohol sales so it will be interesting to see how they adjust. The location use to be a sofa lounge before Natty Greene’s moved in.

Old 10-25-2020, 03:23 PM

37 posts, read 48,177 times
Guess what's coming to Greensboro at the Gibbs location? Bull City Ciderworks!

https://www.reddit.com/r/gso/comment...nto_old_gibbs/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point