Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 11:16 AM

6,610 posts, read 9,029,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
Everyone is giddy for the Brookstown Ballpark Village to start construction. It will transform center city.
Yeah there was already a thread for that one, so I didn't include it here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2015, 11:28 AM

4,639 posts, read 6,378,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
Yeah the Publix site is moving along...I go by there a couple of times each week and I'm amazed at the size of the lot. I'm wondering how they will fit parking into the site.
The store itself will sit on top of a parking deck.

Old 05-29-2015, 09:25 AM

Winston-Salem is really developing its reputation as a competitive cycling hub:

US pro cycling championships coming to Winston-Salem - Winston-Salem Journal: Local News

Quote:
USA Cycling announced Thursday that Winston-Salem has been selected as the host of the 2016 and 2017 professional road and time trial national championships, an event that brought last year’s host a significant economic boost.

The announcement comes as professional men and women cycling teams based in the U.S., Canada, Latin America and Europe start to arrive for this weekend’s Winston-Salem Cycling Classic – and five months after USA Cycling said that the city had been selected to host the 2016 and 2017 masters road national championships.

In addition to next year’s pro and masters national championships, the next edition of the Winston-Salem Cycling Classic will take place during a nine-day stretch culminating Memorial Day with the Classic's UCI-level road race. Back-to-back weekends of top-tier races further solidify the city’s prominence on the national stage as a premiere hub for the sport, according to USA Cycling, the sport’s national governing body. “Winston-Salem is an excellent cycling town and is well equipped to host this nine-day celebration of road cycling next year,” Micah Rice, USA Cycling vice president of national events, said in a news release. “Combining the three pre-existing events into one occasion will make Winston-Salem the epicenter of American cycling next spring, and we are proud to partner
Last year's championships brought the host city a $5.9 million economic impact along with 30,000 spectators. The city gets a lot of national exposure during this event along with the Winston-Salem Open, a pro tennis event on the ATP tour that is aired on ESPN.

Old 05-30-2015, 08:22 PM

Wake Forest School of Medicine is repurposing a former RJ Reynolds factory building in the Innovation Quarter. The former 60-series complex will house a medical training facility that furthers the school’s reputation as one of the highest quality programs in the country. The 168,000 square foot building is being developed in partnership with Wexford + Technology LLC, a BioMed Realty Company, and is expected to be completed by July 2016.

455 vine wake forest school medicine - Bing Images

455 vine wake forest school medicine - Bing Images

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 01-19-2017 at 01:19 AM.. Reason: hotlinking

Old 06-01-2015, 04:09 PM

The 1928 Pepper Building in downtown Winston-Salem is yet another rehab project of a historic building. Developer Mike Coe is turning the 49,000 square foot/6 story building at 104 W. Fourth Street into 54 apartments at a cost of $9 million. It will also house a Brazilian steakhouse on the first floor. It is part of the larger Civic Plaza development that is still in the planning stages.

pepper building redevlopment winston - Bing Images

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 01-19-2017 at 01:19 AM..

Old 06-02-2015, 07:42 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,959,034 times
Nice, i really like the pepper building, Also do they plan on building a parking deck for the WFIQ?

Old 06-02-2015, 07:59 AM

7,330 posts, read 15,381,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSOCitizen View Post
Nice, i really like the pepper building, Also do they plan on building a parking deck for the WFIQ?
The Innovation Quarter's master plan includes quite a few parking decks. There's already one at Research 1, and there are public decks around the periphery. Master Plan at Innovation Quarter

Old 06-02-2015, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSOCitizen View Post
It is a beautiful art deco building that has sat empty for way too long. I'm so glad something is happening there - especially more residential, which is currently in high demand downtown.

Old 06-07-2015, 08:19 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,959,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
It is a beautiful art deco building that has sat empty for way too long. I'm so glad something is happening there - especially more residential, which is currently in high demand downtown.
Very true, i love hearing of old historic buildings being given a modern touch but keeping there original facade I'm also looking forward to hearing more info on the developments in and around WFIQ As that will be a MASSIVE catalyst of growth for downtown WS in the Coming years.

Honestly Reynolds,Man i remember that tragic fire like it was yesterday,I was actually living in winston at the time(around university parkway by patterson, it was so smokey for days). i'm so glad the buildings were savaged and put to use as they are today, Lexington needs to really take a page from Tre4's Play book and do the same to the downtown Dixie.

Old 06-09-2015, 11:23 AM

2,668 posts, read 7,156,229 times
The new Hickory Tavern on Stratford Rd. is scheduled to open tomorrow. Been to a couple of them in other cities--food is pretty good, and the beer selection is great. Always good to have another watering hole!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point