Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids metro area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 05:34 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,845,845 times

Advertisements

Post em if ya got em!

I'll start. Hot and muggy day in Grand Rapids? Head to Millennium Park. Even with the entrance fee that they charge to get into the beach/spray park area, it's still pretty cheap ($6 for 4 of us, $40 family season pass).

I can't get over how beautiful the first phase is:

10:30 AM on a weekday is a perfect time to go (if you can make it). No crowds.

OK, so the splash pad area was a bit crowded:

I'll post more here in a day or two. Anyone else, feel free to join in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2008, 09:05 PM

195 posts, read 972,295 times
nice pics Magellan! Millenium beach is wonderful! Just brought the family there the other day. It was about 90º I think.. However the beach was just perfect, the water was warm enough, not too crowded, the barbecues were empty so we were able to make use of them.

Are you aware of a map online that indicates exactly where the trails are? I love birdwatching and would hope that is possible there.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by windfarmer View Post
nice pics Magellan! Millenium beach is wonderful! Just brought the family there the other day. It was about 90º I think.. However the beach was just perfect, the water was warm enough, not too crowded, the barbecues were empty so we were able to make use of them.

Are you aware of a map online that indicates exactly where the trails are? I love birdwatching and would hope that is possible there.
Yeah, here at this link:

Phase 1 of Master Plan (http://www.millennium-park.org/about/phase1_1.htm - broken link)

With 8 more miles of paved paths to be completed this year, and 12 more in the next 2 years:

Construction on 16 miles of new Millennium Park trails begins this summer - Latest News - The Grand Rapids Press - MLive.com

Another place you can take the family windfarmer is Rockford. Nice little downtown with a lot of little shops and restaurants right next to the Rogue River. You can rent kayaks and/or canoes down the Rogue, or take bikes and ride the White Pine Trail.

Last edited by magellan; 07-21-2008 at 08:42 AM..

Old 07-21-2008, 09:37 AM

195 posts, read 972,295 times
Thanks for the links Magellan. It's nice to see the overview of the park.. Like I said I haven't ventured beyond the beach area.

Rockford looks like a nice quaint town. I'm a big fan of canoeing – definitely a must before the summer ends.

Old 09-09-2008, 12:48 PM

78 posts, read 348,249 times
This should be made into a sticky. Let's see somemore Grand Rapids/West Michigan photos!

Old 09-10-2008, 05:35 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,724,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christoph83 View Post
This should be made into a sticky.
Done
Yac.

Old 09-17-2008, 06:30 PM

2 posts, read 34,424 times
Default where is millenium park?

where in holland is millenium park?or is it in grand rapids.i never heard of this park.i just moved back to grand rapids,after12 years living out of state.and now im back.can you tell me where is this beach?

Old 09-17-2008, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josie3461 View Post
where in holland is millenium park?or is it in grand rapids.i never heard of this park.i just moved back to grand rapids,after12 years living out of state.and now im back.can you tell me where is this beach?
Kent County Park, Southwest of Grand Rapids (near the Grand River and Johnson Park):

Millennium Park

Maps & Directions (http://www.millennium-park.org/maps/index.htm - broken link)

Old 11-06-2008, 04:17 AM

1 posts, read 29,079 times
BEAUTIFUL PHOTOS!!!Man, I lived in Grand Rapids for almost 17 years and when I look at this photos it brought tears to my eyes. I love Michigan a lot, what a beautiful places!!! I remember all this places and I can say from the bottoms of my heart that MICHIGAN IS A LOVELY PLACE!!! yehh, the fall season is the best, the colorsand also the winter time. You guys believe or not I do LOVE SNOW!!!I´m back to my country that is Brazil but I still miss Michigan a lot. Great Place and great people!Best to You all and keep it coming more photos!...

Old 12-01-2008, 02:53 PM

Here are some shots I've taken recently.

First snowfall of the season:

A beautiful old hotel on South Division being renovated for apartments and retail:

Ionia Ave entertainment district in the Heartside Historic Area:

Also, if you haven't checked it out, the Grand Rapids flickr group has 730 members and some great Grand Rapids scenery:

Flickr: Grand Rapids, Michigan (http://www.flickr.com/groups/grandrapidsmi/ - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Grand Rapids metro area