Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2024, 05:56 PM

15,626 posts, read 10,380,316 times

Advertisements

finding a conservative man for a partner has more to do with your career choice, some careers draw more conservative people, and friends, people who share your values, than where you live. there are conservative, single men in every city.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 03-28-2024 at 06:25 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2024, 07:36 PM

7 posts, read 6,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by achtung baby View Post
^^depends on where in FL.

Anecdotal, but the most bible-thumping, god-loving, vanity hunting (in Africa) and conservative-leaning person i know lives in Austin. (And she has many local tribes.)

OP sounds like she’ll find her tribe in Dallas. A lot of “Southern Preppy”, prissy and pretty, church-going, prim and proper sweet ol’ former sorority sisters who end up marrying pastel-wearing, weekend hunting, finance bros (who were formerly frat bros) who live in the Park cities with their 2.5 kids and wall-to-wall wallpaper drawing room & their impeccable life.

Atlanta, too. Piedmont Driving Club, Buckhead, genteel, Southern Preppy.
I'm pretty reserved so I'm not sure if what you described is really what I'm looking for, but I definitely agree that DFW is a good option for me to explore.

I appreciate the help!

Old 03-28-2024, 07:57 PM

9,374 posts, read 20,787,825 times
Default Texas Cities politically

All the downtown cores in Texas, voting by tract/block. I would argue that El Paso, the most overlooked Texas city, is the most liberal of all them. The blank spot in NE El Paso is Fort Bliss and Biggs Army Field. All these cities are 85-15 (darkest blue) for Democrats.
Attached Thumbnails
Best cities for young conservative women-austin.jpeg   Best cities for young conservative women-houston.jpeg   Best cities for young conservative women-san-antonio.jpeg   Best cities for young conservative women-dallas.jpeg   Best cities for young conservative women-el-paso.jpeg  

Old 03-28-2024, 07:59 PM

7 posts, read 6,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
finding a conservative man for a partner has more to do with your career choice, some careers draw more conservative people, and friends, people who share your values, than where you live. there are conservative, single men in every city.
I agree to some extent, but if an area is dominated by people with one perspective, it's harder to find people with an opposing one, especially since people tend to hide their opinions if they're in the minority. It's a bit how I feel where I am now, both for friendships and finding a partner. I'd like to be somewhere that's more balanced, at a minimum, but am hoping for somewhere where I just feel more at home and not like I have to hide as much.

Old 03-28-2024, 08:28 PM

1,029 posts, read 561,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisySonata View Post
I'm pretty reserved so I'm not sure if what you described is really what I'm looking for, but I definitely agree that DFW is a good option for me to explore.

I appreciate the help!
You’re very welcome.

I’m a woman also, I sensed you weren’t only talking about politically conservative but rather socially conservative and carry yourself in a certain way that’s different from where you were/are. I’m not a politically conservative person but I think I can relate to what you were talking about. I like proper, white collar environment. I don’t drink/smoke/do drug/lead a rambunctious lifestyle and I don’t like to be loud in public. I’m careful with boundaries, I would be mortified if I ever come across as rude or “trashy”, and I’m never a partying type. Manner and social etiquette are very important. I would venture to guess you meant “values” in these sorts, and you like to be around people who share the similar attitude as you.

If you’re moving to Dallas/DFW area, and if you happened to be in sorority or any professional women’s organization, find your local chapter and network with the locals. Or find the local “women owned” small business.

I’m sure many women/men in Dallas can be down for a good time but as far as social presentation and the preferred values, within a certain socioeconomic range I think you probably will feel more at home there than say Madison or Eugene.

Old 03-28-2024, 08:48 PM

12,805 posts, read 9,532,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkwensky View Post
Someone else brought up the comparison with SF.
Who?

Also can you elaborate on the slc vs Austin comparison?

Old 03-28-2024, 08:49 PM

Quote:

I appreciate the help!
Miami is reasonably conservative as well

Old 03-28-2024, 08:54 PM

2,848 posts, read 2,165,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Who?

Also can you elaborate on the slc vs Austin comparison?
see #16

Only after you elaborate on why you think Austin is more liberal than Denver.

There is a new thread on the Austin forum on how liberal it is. Let's take it there and let OP get her thread back.

Old 03-28-2024, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkwensky View Post
see #16

Only after you elaborate on why you think Austin is more liberal than Denver.

There is a new thread on the Austin forum on how liberal it is. Let's take it there and let OP get her thread back.
Oh I see. Actual data from an unbiased source. Got it

No need for me to venture into the Austin thread. Not sure I even have a post there even though I lived there for ten years

I’m a Californian now but do find it interesting when citizens or former citizens of Texas’s big three go after Austin. Something about Austin I guess

Old 03-28-2024, 09:15 PM

2,848 posts, read 2,165,384 times
Quote:
I agree to some extent, but if an area is dominated by people with one perspective, it's harder to find people with an opposing one, especially since people tend to hide their opinions if they're in the minority. It's a bit how I feel where I am now, both for friendships and finding a partner. I'd like to be somewhere that's more balanced, at a minimum, but am hoping for somewhere where I just feel more at home and not like I have to hide as much.
When you say conservative are you talking about politics or personality/lifestyle in general? What is the largest city you've lived in? Any city over a million should have enough of any persuasion where you don't have to hide. If you think that's not the case can you elaborate with an example? Cities that large usually won't have too strong of a rowdy frat scene, with the possible exception of Austin.

I'll give you an example of my own. I used to live in Houston, a blue leaning city, but I worked for energy companies mostly, except for a year in county government. In these environments I often find myself to be the one who has to keep my opinion or eyeroll to myself. One of the mid sized upstream energy company used to start prayers at company events, while some of my colleagues at the County like to share what he just read on Q Anon. No matter where you go you have to deal with people whose view you don't like.

You're probably right to ask about gender ratios though. I heard enough complaints from women in NYC and men in the Bay Area to know it can be a factor. You should ask yourself though if it makes sense to move just for that reason or if you should also care about things that interest you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.