Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2015, 08:46 AM

4,618 posts, read 3,320,347 times

Advertisements

It seems where allergies are maybe not present, mold takes over! So it really depends on your specific problems. I know that from the places we've lived - Texas Gulf Coast - bad; Boston - bad; Chicago suburbs - bad; NYC - bad; Florida - depends where you are, as some have said, close to the water is ok; far Northwest - half bad - so you can see there's hardly a place where something or other won't affect you. Even the dry southwest is now being irrigated and plant spores from farming are roaming far and wide.

I've even seen something on TV that said these things even range far out to sea these days. Good luck!

It seems your husband has the worst problems so maybe somewhere where he'll be better can be a compromise for both of you. I cannot imagine that Ohio would be a good place for either of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2024, 08:27 AM

1 posts, read 233 times
Default adelaster question

I have the same symptoms that you do. Did you ever find a place that worked for you? Thanks!

Old 04-30-2024, 06:51 AM

716 posts, read 452,876 times
not Atlanta lol

Old 05-02-2024, 12:04 PM

9,544 posts, read 16,555,379 times
I'm in the middle of the Atlantic right now on a cruise. Its stormy and windy and we have to stay inside the ship. My sinuses are a problem even way out here in the ocean. I don't think there is any place on this earth we can go, to escape sinus problems.

Old Yesterday, 08:34 AM

548 posts, read 269,053 times
Not Austin. Dying over herre.

Old Yesterday, 12:11 PM

9,177 posts, read 13,280,385 times
It really depends on what the person is allergic to. If they are not sure, they could be tested.

I think years ago the desert Southwest was a popular place to go to if you had bad allergies or asthma since many allergies come from plants and arid areas tend to have less plant life. Therefore, Florida which someone mentioned, is probably one of the worst places to go if you have alot of allergies. But again, it really depends on what you are allergic to.

Old Today, 08:49 AM

2,120 posts, read 1,747,122 times
I've lived in several states in the northeast US and have traveled to all but one state on the east coast and I have always had horrible allergies year round. No exaggeration when I say I lived off allergy medicine daily. I've now lived in western Washington for many years now and have absolutely none out here. It's hard to describe just how life changing it's been being since moving here. I never want to live anywhere else. Can't say this will be the case for everyone of course but I just figure I'd share.

Last edited by fluffydelusions; Today at 09:03 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.