Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2023, 09:26 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,736,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
Washington state is my favorite place out of the states I lived in. If you like lush green vegetation and forests, the ocean, ferries, sea life, beaches, and marinas and cooling rain in summer you'll be happy. When I lived there, the summers were 70-80F, winters were very mild just below 32F, and only a sprinkling of snow. With climate change I don't know. Likely it is warmer than what I experienced before. I'd live there again in a second if I wasn't restricted by age and poor health to move back to the USA.
I've lived in western Washington (south sound area) for just over 7 years now and it's been above average temps during the summer mostly and you'd be lucky to see rain in that period. The average high for my area in July is 77f but it's basically just been low to mid 80s for the majority of the month. Nights are still cool though (50s) so that is a positive. It did rain once a couple weeks ago as well so there is that at least but that is pretty rare to see from my personal experience since I've been here. July/August are typically very dry. June/September can be hit or miss in terms of average rainfall. Winters are mild just above freezing and cloudy/rainy most days.

Last edited by fluffydelusions; 07-31-2023 at 09:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2023, 11:33 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,928,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiffytools View Post
Hi.
First post, so please be pleasant with me

The missus and I (both early 30s) are looking for somewhere to move in the States, where we will have lovely winters with lots of snow but also warm and hot summers, with lots of BBQ at night.

I don't mind the occasional thunderstorm, in fact I love them, but we are just fed up with the one season we have here in England, cold and rain.

We have a green card and employment is not that important, as self-employed. The main point really is the weather.

We were originally looking at Flagstaff, AZ, but they have about 200 nights per year below 40F, might be a chilly.

Any ideas? We are considering any of the 50 states.

Thank you so much in advance.

Kevin
If 40 is too cold you wouldn't want to live somewhere thats snowy. It's going to get much colder.

Old 08-15-2023, 01:20 PM

1,252 posts, read 1,103,672 times
OP made three posts in May of 2012 and has never come back. I'd guess he is still living in England, or maybe Spain if he wanted hot summers and cold winters. Anyway, he's not looking here anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.