Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 03:39 PM

37,100 posts, read 41,233,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG67 View Post
Walking on Landscaping is one thing,and definitely wrong..Walking through a Wet ,Blacktop sealed driveway and tracking Black Footprints up my walkway and front steps is another !

I just had my asphalt driveway "Sealed",I put up the caution ribbon at the end of my driveway..You can clearly see the ribbon and smell the odor from the Sealent.

Of course my mail carrier loves to walk over lawns,through flower and rock gardens,anything to make her job easier ..So ,of course as usual ,she walks right through my WET driveway,onto my walkway,steps on 1 Belgium Block,and up my stairs..How do I know which way she walked ? Her black footprints ,several of which,are everywhere !

I call the local post office,explain to them what happened ,their response was : Yes,our carriers are allowed to walk on grass,through driveways or whatever in order to decrease their time spent working..Since I did not post..A "Do Not Walk" sign,on the side of my driveway,next to my garage..which is the Path she takes usually,how would she know not to walk there ? Thats the path she normally takes,so basically if the carrier has absolutely no common sense,or any care in the world for peoples personal property,according to the Supervisor it is "Not Their Problem",though of course he will "Speak to her" !

Several of my neighbors have complained about the same carrier that she walks through driveways and rubs up against their cars and scratches them . She was even caught my one of my neighbors that she placed her big bag on the hood of his brand new Infinity,60K $ + car,and scratched the hood..So basically,the carriers can do what they want,damage personal property,and do nothing about it ??

Im located in North NJ ..

Any thoughts?
You can hope the perpetrator tracked asphalt on her own floors at home!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2015, 05:05 PM

5,048 posts, read 9,615,907 times
Our mail carrier has been driving further in our front grass the last few months. From the neighbor's mailbox to ours to the next neighbor. I guess he does that all along the route. So he put a happy holiday note in our mailbox with his name and address. (So we'll be able to contact him if she continues to do this). This appears to be a reminder for a gift. We are considering sending him a bill for the lawn repair and writing below it "paid in full" as his holiday gift.

Old 12-14-2015, 05:11 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,640,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmichigan View Post
I was going to suggest bear leg-hold traps, but I think this is a more civil suggestion. Sheep poo is especially odorous...and good for your garden, too.
heck no,he'd tromp right through it and stink up neighbors driveway.

Old 12-14-2015, 05:26 PM

196 posts, read 175,261 times
Sorry that's happening to you. Carriers are supposed to be told to follow them and stick to established paths at all times.

You should have a delivery card on file with the carrier with a section for delivery instructions. Ask to have your customer delivery card information updated.

Make sure this carrier is not just a substitute. If you're on a contracted route, take it up with the contract owner if you have to.

If you call the complaint line its routed to the post office in question. Some offices may make excuses for their carriers but don't give up. My first route was owned by a family of disasters who held onto mail, delivered mail until after dark because they took on too many routes, tossed and burned bulk mail and they under paid me by more than half but I had no clue because it was the first time I'd ever done it.

Most carriers aren't bad and go out of their way to do right by their customers. I hope you get this resolved peacefully.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden