Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2023, 11:57 AM

3,824 posts, read 1,378,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Muenster ISD is a 97 A rating. But I would not buy that house. The land will not remain in ag exempt since it is not being used for anything (other than possibly hay production), and when it falls out, the taxes will be $$$. Also, there are no outbuildings at all. For the price, you could do a lot better. Muenster will be a long haul to either DFW or Love Field.

Valley View ISD is an 84 B rating, which is not great. The location of that house isn't great since the access to I-35 is very limited by having to cross part of Lake Ray Roberts. It is a nice property and has nice outbuildings.

Collinsville ISD is a 77 C rating. Ouch. And Grayson County property taxes are notoriously high. I hate the kitchen in that house, and the open laundry area (as opposed to a laundry room with a door) is awful. The pine floors are pretty.
Whether or not the NEW owner can keep a portion of the acreage under ag-exempt will depend on if NEW OWNER can present evidence to the county cad that the 'previous' owner met qualifications for ag-exempt for 5 of the 7 previous years;
obviously something anybody considering buying ag-exempt acreage should consider early in the negotiations stage;
(otherwise you may end up paying taxes on the FULL VALUE of the acreage for at least 5 years whilst you 'establish your own evidence' of qualifying usage, to get it back under ag-exempt again).

Learn the process, before jumping in. Most county CAD's within an hour of major metroplexes are getting more finicky these days on ag exemptions, with acreage values quadrupling or more in the last several years.
Making a 'mistake' here could cost you 50K or more in taxes over 5 years to 'remedy' .

BTW, you can get an exemption on as little as 5 acres by 'beekeeping' in many Texas counties (something you can also hire-out if you don't want to do the bee-keeping yourself).

Either way, you'll have to meet whatever 'current qualifying standards' that the particular county has in place once you acquire the acreage and going forward.

** Also, that House in Muenster likely has Gigabit Fiber internet (from Nortex, who services the far-N.Texas area)

Last edited by CCCyou; 10-27-2023 at 12:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2023, 04:13 PM

53 posts, read 77,112 times
I can surely bump the budget up well over 1.1 I was just using that as a baseline

The time of day I need to get to and from the airport will strictly be "after hours", 99% of the time I land at 8pm in DFW, by the time I get to my car it is 9pm

After some research, I have found some small towns, but with our family being all in, I want to consider all available options. I don't want to build and THEN discover a more ideal area.

Old 11-16-2023, 07:41 AM

11,853 posts, read 26,858,186 times
Building in a rural area can be a challenge compared to building in the city. Expect a lot of delays!

What towns are you considering?

Old 11-16-2023, 01:56 PM

53 posts, read 77,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Building in a rural area can be a challenge compared to building in the city. Expect a lot of delays!

What towns are you considering?
DM'd you

Old 11-16-2023, 02:07 PM

220 posts, read 115,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrief View Post
We moved from Fort Worth to Weatherford. We are retired and like it. Not sure about schools. Nice to have visitation rights to Fort Worth when WE want to put up with the traffic, etc.
Can I ask ; what's Weathersford like vs say a Frisco or McKinney? I'd like the same; access to the city in about a half hour by car, but live in a bit quieter area, townhouse or single family. Nice local amenities. Schools not a priority as kids are grown.

Thanks!!

Old 11-18-2023, 10:09 AM

11,853 posts, read 26,858,186 times
Weatherford is no longer a small town. It’s now a suburb of Fort Worth with all of the people and traffic to go with it.

You won’t find townhouses in small towns. That’s an urban thing to take advantage of less available land.

If schools aren’t important, then the only limiting factor is your budget.

Old 11-19-2023, 08:41 AM

24,488 posts, read 10,815,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartM1 View Post
Can I ask ; what's Weathersford like vs say a Frisco or McKinney? I'd like the same; access to the city in about a half hour by car, but live in a bit quieter area, townhouse or single family. Nice local amenities. Schools not a priority as kids are grown.

Thanks!!
You will be hard pressed to find townhouses outside city centers in car centric TX.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth