Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2021, 08:08 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,324,000 times

Advertisements

Cedar Hill makes the most sense, IMO. Good schools, very diverse, good % of professional black families, relatively easy commute. Easy access in to Dallas, Arlington or out towards the top of the Texas Hill Country for activities and outings. And the topography is some of the absolute prettiest in DFW! Especially coming from GA, you’ll be missing your hills and tall trees. Cedar Hill isn’t GA pretty but it’s very pretty compared to the barren plains of DFW

Do you have a good realtor? I’m honestly shocked someone would be letting you look at NW FW considering the Lancaster job…
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2021, 08:24 AM

11 posts, read 14,067 times
**UPDATE**Thanks so much everyone for all your advice and comments, I really appreciated all the feedback. After losing 12 homes we FINALLY bought a home in Forney, Texas. We are so super excited about it. It's a fairly new home in a great community. We close next month and cant wait to get settled in. GOD bless you all and GOD bless Texas!

Old 07-15-2021, 09:55 AM

54 posts, read 46,029 times
Congrats on your new home and welcome to the area! Hope you and your family enjoy it!

Old 07-30-2021, 09:38 AM

11 posts, read 14,067 times
Thanks so much I appreciate it We are super excited to get moved!

Old 08-27-2021, 08:07 AM

3,217 posts, read 2,364,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.MRoss View Post
Thanks, for the info, I appreciate that! I have heard how DFW traffic could be but wasnt sure if the way he would be going would be traffic at those times.
Welcome, I lived in Atlanta over 5 years. Traffic patterns/access is much better, especially on through-streets and the southside of DFW is less hectic than north of I 30, similar to Atlanta and areas south of I 20. That said, you don't want to be that far west in Fort Worth for a commute to Lancaster.
1. Mansfied;
2. South Arlington,
3. Midlothian - growing but a small town feel, 25 miles southwest of Lancaster
4. Cedar Hill - Joe Pool Lake and Cedar Hill State Park are there and shopping is much improved over what was there 20 years ago.

Old 08-27-2021, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Heartland is basically southern Forney.

Venus…go look at it first. I would not include it on my list.
Venus is a speck of place southwest of Lancaster, not even 4,000 residents. The same with Alvarado, a little farther southwest. Not much diversity in either little town and coming from Atlanta, it would be a big change..

Old 08-27-2021, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar2007 View Post
You're getting good advice here. I understand completely your sentiment about paying the high rent when you could be buying for around the same price, but coming to an unknown area not fully knowing the traffic situations, the difference in the areas, etc., I'd sure have to go for the renting even though it might gall me. But think of it like this, it's a short term solution vs getting mired down in a much more permanent situation. Might compare it to falling into a ditch vs falling into a deep gully.

jbb303 is right, no one's gouging the prices, it's the market right now. I heard the other day we have the highest rental prices right now in the nation and of course you already know about the home costs. Like you said, it is what it is. Being impatient and just wanting to get something and get it done and over with might sound like although not the best thing to do, probably not the worst, but it just might turn out to be the biggest mistake of your life and one you'll be regretting for a long time. Everyone it seems is impatient in these times we are living in, everyone wants to get back to normal and I can sympathize with your young son especially with more changes coming, but he is young and adaptable and will bounce back and it will all work out. A good lesson early on that things don't always happen as we plan but we survive anyway and stronger for it. It's crazy for sure, but best advice I could give you is think forward a few years and wonder if you did the right thing or maybe you should have acted with more caution.

Check out the areas the others mentioned to you and good luck.
Whomever told you DFW has the highest rent in the nation is poorly informed. We are nowhere near as pricey as the Boston-Washington Corridor, South Florida, Denver, or West Coast cities. We don't outrank Austin. We are third for most new apartments under construction at nearly 34K. That said, we do outrank rent prices in Atlanta and several other sunbelt towns. My sources are Marcus & Millichap. and websites like this - https://www.fortunebuilders.com/top-...highest-rents/
https://howmuch.net/articles/the-che...rtment-us-2021
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth